Author Topic: Hawk - Archonian Dominate  (Read 1575 times)

Velrun

• View Profile
Hawk - Archonian Dominate
« on: February 05, 2016, 06:36:11 AM »

So apparently we don't Roleplay enough, or perhaps our Roleplays are simply restricted to a smaller audience. Whatever since someone saw fit to leave a rumour on many of Elysiums knights pages accusing them of being Non-RP bullies, I will take it upon myself to post the RP's that I see posted in realm. Please don't be too depressed by the brilliance of our RP's. Given time and a bevy of ghost writers, you too can achieve our literary heights.

Roleplay from Armais Kylde regarding the Hawk/Elysium assault upon Atraetor

The advanced forces of Elysium gathered outside Atraetor. There was some disquiet among the group. Matters had not progressed as expected, barely a single troop leader from the Dominate had been spotted, the fear that a trap was about to be sprung hung in the air.

Armais sent scouts to the local towers, to ascertain if enemy troops where nearby, but they spotted nothing. Fearful that he was making a grave mistake, but away that his Prince would brook no further delay he called for the assault upon the settlement to begin. He left the outriders and their troops in place to in case the enemy moved against them, though what he could do should such an event occur he knew not. Perhaps those troops would be of greater utility by joining the assault? Indecision racked the young commander, and even his mortal troops knew that if he did not find his feet, and his confidence soon, the would eventually be facing defeat.

Zandar

• View Profile
Re: Hawk - Archonian Dominate
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:07:37 AM »
As Orion approached the destination for his duel against Lucaerion Valgerys, the inconsistancies and coincidences increased. Along his chosen path he had passed one Dominate Noble named Lioness, with one hundred and fifty troops, and now he passed Alfred McCameron at the head of one hundred and ninety two. Their positions seemed strategically insignificant, though he did not loiter long enough for his own scouts to determine their headings. Perhaps they simply redeployed and their meeting was chance, perhaps not. Either way Hawks would soon know something more of the character of this foe, one that would seemingly hold fast to their greed in the north rather then defend those sworn to their realm. The most Orion could lose was his life, either in the duel or to treachery, a small thing in the grand scheme he and Fraro had hatched long ago. Yes soon they would know more of the character of the Dominate, but also of his own Hawk Masters, pulling the strings of power from their island mountain stronghold. Regardless of the outcome for him, Fraro would have more of the pieces of the puzzle he required.

Daimall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:43:10 AM »
Southport has fallen and here Levail Daimall was in the north unable to protect his lands if Hawks expand their presence in the south. Out of all the Gens of the south, only Gens Favonius remained silent when Legio Meridianus issued the call to arms to the north. Levail was miffed by their lack of contributions and silence for the expedition north, but assumed at the very least it would be well protected from a surprise attack. Now even that has been proven false and Magnus Decimus Aurelius Gault had not even raised an alarm to the realm of an attack occurring in his lands under his stewardship. Damn that man! He certainly talked big, but in a time for valor and deeds he remains silent and inert. Still, this does not change the fact that he is far away from his lands and its unlikely that the Consul will have Legio Meridianus return home anytime soon to defend their charges. Local Dominate forces in the south were mobilizing, but Gens Forti militia will remain in place without a First One to lead them. He had a First One recently respond to his offer of knighthood for Gens Forti while he was away on campaign, but he is too new and untested, who knows if he will follow orders if suddenly given many troops to command or will he go rogue and attempt to start his own little kingdom in the chaos? He would be reluctant to place Ducal troops in the hands of other Dominate First Ones, no matter how trustworthy they were.

That left one other option, but... no, he can't ask of her to lead, she can barely even draw her bow without trembling! But what choice does Levail have if the situation in the South proves to be dire after all? Southport could be turned into an unassailable bastion or worst, to be a sally port for the Hawks to rampage from for months to come. Closing his eyes he pondered for what could of been eternity.

The Archon sighed.

"Ethan" he uttered to his startled scribe, "Prepare parchment, write to my sister. Tell her... tell her that her brother needs her to prove herself now." The message was soon written and whisked away on the Lendan Stone. Bowing his head, Levail prayed that she was ready for outside world.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
Tired and weary from the long journey behind him Lucaerion of the Vale arrives at the meeting point where Orion Rhu was already waiting. Lucaerion removes the azure hood from his head and reveals a golden long hair, neatly tied into a warriors knot. His best fighting man, Naine, that stood right next to him handed him the Archonian banner, which was decorated by the twin crests of the Vale and House Valgerys. Azure and purple mixed as one side depicted the white tree of the Vale and the other depicted a sable dragon rampant of Valgerysian heraldry. Lucaerion stabs the banner into the ice at his feet and removes his cloak, revealing a shinning silver plate mail, somewhat battered from the battles he left behind. By his belt hanged two longswords; blades of finest quality, an impeccable representation of Ielian steel, forged in the fires of Mount Vedahorn and below.

Lucaerion unsheathes the blades and raises them in the air. He sees Orion and his man already taking the defensive post. He then powerfully thrusts the blades forward and starts running towards his foe. Adrenaline pumps in as the javelin thrown by the enemy mortal fizzles past his ear; a predictable attempt of an early strike. Lucaerion and his warrior try to create a diversion by separating and trying to circle around their targets but Orion anticipates this and slashes Naine, resulting in immediate death of his warrior. Now he was all alone. With only his instincts working as the two warriors race towards him Lucaerion of the Vale throws one of his blades toward the Nrilian mortal and hits him in the chest, the powerful throw and the impeccable steel penetrating the armor and killing his target, while the Elysian Prince charges powerfully into his torso, throwing him down to the ground. As the blade of Orion descends for a kill Lucaerion quickly rolls over and evades. He then tries for a counter and manages to wound Orion, piercing his arm, but is simultaneously wounded by Orions powerful attack. The foes continue to dance around each other, fighting, blocking and parrying, until both of them fall down from exhaustion and wounds.

"The Elysian Prince has passed the test of Iel." Lucaerion whispers from the ground. "A wound cannot kill a First One, so I imagine Iel wants you to live." He slowly stands up and manages to compose himself. "It is now time for Lucaerion of the Vale to pass the test of the Elysian Prince and break his armies in the field." Lucaerion reaches for his banner and turns away. "We will meet again, Orion Rhu, but next time I will bring an army." The Archon of the Vale leaves in the direction of north-east and leaves only a memory of him behind.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 10:45:44 AM »
So apparently we don't Roleplay enough, or perhaps our Roleplays are simply restricted to a smaller audience. Whatever since someone saw fit to leave a rumour on many of Elysiums knights pages accusing them of being Non-RP bullies, I will take it upon myself to post the RP's that I see posted in realm. Please don't be too depressed by the brilliance of our RP's. Given time and a bevy of ghost writers, you too can achieve our literary heights.

Roleplay from Armais Kylde regarding the Hawk/Elysium assault upon Atraetor

The advanced forces of Elysium gathered outside Atraetor. There was some disquiet among the group. Matters had not progressed as expected, barely a single troop leader from the Dominate had been spotted, the fear that a trap was about to be sprung hung in the air.

Armais sent scouts to the local towers, to ascertain if enemy troops where nearby, but they spotted nothing. Fearful that he was making a grave mistake, but away that his Prince would brook no further delay he called for the assault upon the settlement to begin. He left the outriders and their troops in place to in case the enemy moved against them, though what he could do should such an event occur he knew not. Perhaps those troops would be of greater utility by joining the assault? Indecision racked the young commander, and even his mortal troops knew that if he did not find his feet, and his confidence soon, the would eventually be facing defeat.

I was under impression that the negative gossip you received had nothing to do with actual roleplaying as in recounting of events. If the gossip was placed there by the one I think it was then it understands the lack of roleplay your characters have. Which is true. Besides Orion and Fraro the remaining horde doesn't appear to have much distinction. Interacting with them is like talking to a wall. They all reply the same, think the same and act the same. It is like an army of freaking cyborgs. But since I think Elysium is played by only a few players in general then that makes sense. Glad I won't be dealing with Elysium for much longer.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »

I was under impression that the negative gossip you received had nothing to do with actual roleplaying as in recounting of events. If the gossip was placed there by the one I think it was then it understands the lack of roleplay your characters have. Which is true. Besides Orion and Fraro the remaining horde doesn't appear to have much distinction. Interacting with them is like talking to a wall. They all reply the same, think the same and act the same. It is like an army of freaking cyborgs. But since I think Elysium is played by only a few players in general then that makes sense. Glad I won't be dealing with Elysium for much longer.

The gossip in question basically states "No RP bullies" Pretty sure that is reasonably clear. All realms have the issues you speak of, for example your own realm has nobles whoms only indentifying statement is "Minor Nobles often charged with leading the armies to the battlefield." There we even occasions spotted on nobles bringing troops to the front line, then committing suicide.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 11:34:40 AM »

The gossip in question basically states "No RP bullies" Pretty sure that is reasonably clear. All realms have the issues you speak of, for example your own realm has nobles whoms only indentifying statement is "Minor Nobles often charged with leading the armies to the battlefield." There we even occasions spotted on nobles bringing troops to the front line, then committing suicide.

Nothing wrong with the first. There are more and less developed characters and some have deeper personalities and some don't. It is only fair to state so in the character description. Much better than to have no description at all like the majority of Elysium has, and just use the mass of undescribed characters solely leading troops.

My post indicated that he thinks people object to Elysium making no roleplayed events, and was quick to share one, while in fact they object the lack of interactivity. When Tom snapped and killed off Liwald Lasar he did it because the Hawks barely addressed a years long roleplay he maintained with his character, and just trampled over him. Just wanted to make that clear.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 11:47:04 AM »

Nothing wrong with the first. There are more and less developed characters and some have deeper personalities and some don't. It is only fair to state so in the character description. Much better than to have no description at all like the majority of Elysium has, and just use the mass of undescribed characters solely leading troops.

My post indicated that he thinks people object to Elysium making no roleplayed events, and was quick to share one, while in fact they object the lack of interactivity. When Tom snapped and killed off Liwald Lasar he did it because the Hawks barely addressed a years long roleplay he maintained with his character, and just trampled over him. Just wanted to make that clear.

Course they didn't. Elysium was never part of that year long RP and the majority would know next to nothing of it. We are talking about a RP that annoyed the Fading Isles so much OOC, that is caused the death of the realm.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »
Now that this war is over, I will put some OOC comments here as it cannot influence things or provide secret bypass politics.

Ending of this war this way is disaster for game imho. Though my chars are mostly hostile toward Hawks, I, as a player will show more dissatisfaction with my mates here.

In negotiations, Hawks leaders clearly said they their conditions will be more unfavorable for Dominate the more they proceed. That also clearly showed that they do not intend to destroy Dominate totally.

In such circumstances, I must ask, what the hell prevented us to continue war more, test abilities and strength of all more, create more stories, more interesting events in game?

Losing few more regions or few more troops? Having some characters killed? I must wonder where our general players mentality, or the ones who are most active on forums and/or ic threads go to? Is it only desired mode of play to fight only battles with 100% certainty to win, as well as wars with the same certainty? Does anyone who pursues such meta-strategy have some awareness how boring that is and how it leads to utter game stall?

We had all opportunities to continue stories that already have began on many parts on continent, at the same time we know that nobody will be put out of game totally. What over that is needed to have some fun in playing? Now that stupid concept of white peace will sterilize everything down to the dead-boring stall.

I can hardly understand people that came to the mental mode where they don't accept to lose bloody anything. People don't want to lose anything, want to win everything. Do you guys play any other game that way? Chess? Card games? Sports? Is there any game that can be called game at all if players do not want to lose?!

Do not take my somewhat harsh tone to the hart, my English is limited while I would like to open some discussion on things that are mind-drilling for player community I would say. Such things do not lead to anything good gamewise.

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 05:26:40 PM »
Sorry, but you won't find a loser mentality in this head. Why would I want to work one something for months or years, and then start something to completely ruin it. Do you have any idea how many players left because of losing?

On the other hand, I did charge 200 of the most experienced cavalry in the entire game into a suicide attack and lost almost all of them. I also dismantled my own Realm. But I never "lost". And I don't plan to.

Fulco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »
You mean, just continue the fight in order to fight? Disregard all common sense? You need to know when you are beaten and move on, life to fight another day.

Continuation of the war would have meant that AD had to hide behind fortifications in the north. In the south, where we had no force to speak off, even that wouldn't have been an option. If hawks only landed a fraction of the troops they said there, the south would have been lost.

Tell me, what is the fun in that? What will it bring? Personally, I was already done with this war for over a month, but you know, there was still a chance for the realm. After the defeats, not so much. Besides, AD lacks active leadership, troops, organisation, etc. Now we can at least rebuild and try to make the realm working again.

You might have enjoyed the war, good for you, for a lot of others the fun was just gone.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 07:12:07 PM »
Now that this war is over, I will put some OOC comments here as it cannot influence things or provide secret bypass politics.

Ending of this war this way is disaster for game imho. Though my chars are mostly hostile toward Hawks, I, as a player will show more dissatisfaction with my mates here.

In negotiations, Hawks leaders clearly said they their conditions will be more unfavorable for Dominate the more they proceed. That also clearly showed that they do not intend to destroy Dominate totally.

In such circumstances, I must ask, what the hell prevented us to continue war more, test abilities and strength of all more, create more stories, more interesting events in game?

Losing few more regions or few more troops? Having some characters killed? I must wonder where our general players mentality, or the ones who are most active on forums and/or ic threads go to? Is it only desired mode of play to fight only battles with 100% certainty to win, as well as wars with the same certainty? Does anyone who pursues such meta-strategy have some awareness how boring that is and how it leads to utter game stall?

We had all opportunities to continue stories that already have began on many parts on continent, at the same time we know that nobody will be put out of game totally. What over that is needed to have some fun in playing? Now that stupid concept of white peace will sterilize everything down to the dead-boring stall.

I can hardly understand people that came to the mental mode where they don't accept to lose bloody anything. People don't want to lose anything, want to win everything. Do you guys play any other game that way? Chess? Card games? Sports? Is there any game that can be called game at all if players do not want to lose?!

Do not take my somewhat harsh tone to the hart, my English is limited while I would like to open some discussion on things that are mind-drilling for player community I would say. Such things do not lead to anything good gamewise.

When playing it is only natural you want to win. It is fine to lose too, but my preference is to win. Not by myself but together with other people. However, the war you describe has come down to pretty much my characters (House Valgerys) making all the major moves and sending the majority of resources to the battlefields. It has simply become a tedious task for me as a player to try and compete with Elysium's 24/7 activity all on my own. Other players involved who had at least moderate power in terms of troops didn't wanna tackle it. The wars are too fast and too time demanding when battling a superior enemy in terms of activity.

No one is expecting wars with 100% win. The war lasted a decent amount of time and several interesting battles happened on both the Elysium and Tetsuyama front. Once our chances dropped below 20% we've called it quits. Many stories were created. I am not sure if you realize this but the war that ended has unlimited potential in terms of roleplay and stories. It just doesn't mean we need to pursue them all at once. The future is full of vendettas, age-long rivalries etc etc. This war certainly changed the landscape of House Valgerys with the family leader dying in battle. This has, completely unexpectedly for me, put another character into a spotlight who is entirely different and more aggressive. Stick around and you will see things won't descend into boredom and apathy.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »

It has simply become a tedious task for me as a player to try and compete with Elysium's 24/7 activity all on my own. Other players involved who had at least moderate power in terms of troops didn't wanna tackle it. The wars are too fast and too time demanding when battling a superior enemy in terms of activity.

that's another story you tackled, but if I understand well, this way you admit that warfare is not for you at all as a player?! do you expect to find all fun only in peaceful playing? eventually attacking slumbered or completely helpless foes?

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »
Where did you get that from? I never said warfare is not for me. I said that I can't tackle with 24/7 enemy activity alone. Nor should I. This is a team game. I don't have the characters nor troops to even try to compete with the number of players/characters Elysium has on my own. And the rest of the Dominate, despite having more troops than Elysium brought to show, simply couldn't follow up or didn't want to. If there were more players who could devote the activity and troops to this war then I personally could have fought it for a long time to come. Despite the loss of territory and loss of troops.

I don't blame the Elysium players for using the system they have to a maximum. Far from that. I am blaming the super-speed wars that I have objected to in other threads as well. Activity always wins in war time and this can be too much for a casual player.

Daimall

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 03:52:35 AM »
The war from a story-point was interesting, but the actual prosecution and mechanical part of it I was done with it long ago as well. Its not easy to fight when the enemy has that much of an activity advantage, which limits and constricts your ability to do things.

Plus, wasn't this the kinda war you wanted to see more often stue? Limited wars that don't involve the destruction of one party or the other? The Dominate lost a few estates, nothing that signals on its deaththoes as a realm. Continuation of the war would of probably just made it more total, especially considering the majority of both sides were already tired of fighting so it seems. Peace can have its own stories as well, especially right when things are being shaken up after a war.