Author Topic: Endless trolling by round-the-clock harassment  (Read 1344 times)

stueblahblah

• View Profile
Endless trolling by round-the-clock harassment
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
So one of my characters was wandering around as many of them do, found one abandoned settlement and went to grab it.

It's not surprise when such action causes somebody's reaction, but the way I am exposed to round-the-clock spamming again and again is truly outrageous.

By the time I logged in again, 5 new characters spawned in or around that settlement already. Some of them ordered abandoning all fortifications of settlement, which took place on turn change. The others came on retaking the settlement.

All of them with no saying a single word. What is particularly annoying, some of them are presented as new players, which is apparent abuse of someone who is using multi accounts, that is seemingly not forbidden by now.

I could switch off new character spawning in the settlement to avoid most of those troubles, but that is not a point.

I have more important things in life than playing M&F and trying to play it in as relaxed way as possible, and interact with friendly people. I don't bloody care whether I will lose or win one single settlement as long as I have chance to play meaningfully.

However, I already feel as true harassment having someone to breath by my neck all the time, every time tick, forever. It is like some really makes efforts to push out players from the game not by playing, but literally by trolling and spamming the game, there is no other description for such "playing style".

I myself spawn many characters, but each of them has recognizable name, his family ties can be easily traced. They don't hang around every bloody time tick in game neither they drill through game mechanics to find any possible exploit. They don't appear as army of new spawned characters, they don't fake that they are new players, and they interact with anyone willing to interact at all.

This what I face with is, sorry, crap, and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one hit with it, and it's like some really wants to ravage game atmosphere. Stop it!

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Endless trolling by round-the-clock harassment
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
Which settlement? Because if it's one that belonged to the Holy Trinitary, like 5 players are trying to grab them for RP reasons.

For some reason, people have no interest in running religions until one has keeled over and is in it's death throws, and at that point, everyone wants to be it's successor.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:46:16 PM »
Which settlement? Because if it's one that belonged to the Holy Trinitary, like 5 players are trying to grab them for RP reasons.

For some reason, people have no interest in running religions until one has keeled over and is in it's death throws, and at that point, everyone wants to be it's successor.

That is true of realms as well unfortunately. However if they have RP reasons, then they have existing characters to use to achieve their ends. If they are using new characters in this way, that is simply trying to gain OOC advantage for their other characters.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:45:32 PM »
someone who is using multi accounts, that is seemingly not forbidden by now.

As far as I'm aware, the position has always been that people can have multiple paid-for accounts and everyone can have a free trial account. If that position's changed, I must have missed it. Not that I'm suggesting that multiple accounts should be used in the way you're describing, but just setting out Tom's position on accounts as I remember it.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:51:07 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the position has always been that people can have multiple paid-for accounts and everyone can have a free trial account. If that position's changed, I must have missed it. Not that I'm suggesting that multiple accounts should be used in the way you're describing, but just setting out Tom's position on accounts as I remember it.

His position has not, or if it has he has not announced it.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 12:43:51 AM »

You are entitled to one free account OR as many paid ones as you want. That should be obvious from the free account being called a TRIAL account. If you're not trying anymore, you should pay.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 01:36:50 AM »
You are entitled to one free account OR as many paid ones as you want. That should be obvious from the free account being called a TRIAL account. If you're not trying anymore, you should pay.

Well, this was not clear to me. Looks like I'll have to get rid of one account and four characters.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 01:54:41 AM »

Well, this was not clear to me. Looks like I'll have to get rid of one account and four characters.

I think most thought this had been okayed. Wonder were we got that impression.

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 02:08:19 AM »
That was my impression too. I'd have sworn the free account was available to everyone, even those with paid accounts. I have a strong memory of there having been something in the past on the forum that gave me that impression, but I don't hold much hope of finding the thread as it must have been quite a long time ago.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 04:13:53 AM »
The only quote I find on the matter is this:

I'm currently only using the realm founding and take control restrictions.Yes, a rule of one free account per person is needed.

In here.

Then De-Legro and others explain players that everyone can have as many paid accounts as needed (as per Tom's ruling here), but that only one free account is permitted.

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 06:25:38 PM »
I'm clearly naive as it never occured to me that I could have a free account in addition to my paid account.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »

andrew,

please pay attention to what i described in previous post. there is no even tiny reference to any kind of roleplaying, but to circumventing not game mechanics, but the game as a whole.

i personally feel what that or those guys do is not playing the game, but playing with the game, carefully and deliberately avoiding anything  what common sense would consider as intended by design.

what is additionally annoying is that my character was wandering around for weeks without any plan. nothing happened there. as soon as he made say completely random unplanned action without previous thoughts, the army of spawns and events came after him.

it is like someone finds particular pleasure in harassing others while doing nothing until some "victim" arrives. i really feel something sick with that. as said before, i do not bloody care much whether i will win or lose some specific battle, settlement or so, i only want some small fun in playing and interacting with others, but i feel as if there are some people around who find fun in bullying others.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 12:54:57 AM »
andrew,

please pay attention to what i described in previous post. there is no even tiny reference to any kind of roleplaying, but to circumventing not game mechanics, but the game as a whole.

i personally feel what that or those guys do is not playing the game, but playing with the game, carefully and deliberately avoiding anything  what common sense would consider as intended by design.

what is additionally annoying is that my character was wandering around for weeks without any plan. nothing happened there. as soon as he made say completely random unplanned action without previous thoughts, the army of spawns and events came after him.

it is like someone finds particular pleasure in harassing others while doing nothing until some "victim" arrives. i really feel something sick with that. as said before, i do not bloody care much whether i will win or lose some specific battle, settlement or so, i only want some small fun in playing and interacting with others, but i feel as if there are some people around who find fun in bullying others.

Of course there is, I mean that is why bullies are bullies. They would hardly do it unless the found some enjoyment.

Vamking12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 04:18:59 PM »
Wait only one free account? I have two and didn't realize sorry