Author Topic: Laughing  (Read 3987 times)

LGMAlpha

Re: Laughing
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 01:48:54 AM »

And mostly mercs they were struggling to pay after the GF war. Part of the reason you were the first of the Black Forest alliance to be attacked, you were close and they needed gold.

Did they actually get much gold? Soren is the only settlement I really have that produces much wealth.

The war kind of caught me off guard. 75% of all my troops were way south just a couple hours from a big battle with Weaver when the declarations hit. First appearances looked, to me, like some kind of OOC vendetta because of the Manic and Banan Aerinia characters were the first to appear. I was a little irritated by it. I got over that quick enough, and I'm really pleased with the resolution of all of it, which I though was really quite generous.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 02:11:12 AM »

Did they actually get much gold? Soren is the only settlement I really have that produces much wealth.

The war kind of caught me off guard. 75% of all my troops were way south just a couple hours from a big battle with Weaver when the declarations hit. First appearances looked, to me, like some kind of OOC vendetta because of the Manic and Banan Aerinia characters were the first to appear. I was a little irritated by it. I got over that quick enough, and I'm really pleased with the resolution of all of it, which I though was really quite generous.

Enough to maintain the forces while natural attrition from battles came into play. You don't want to lose mercs with war horses and/or plate armour if you can avoid it. Once they controlled some settlements, constant looting kept them going until gold could be transported from their own holdings.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 06:18:41 AM »
Beats me.

There were no 'thousands of troops'. I could look it up, but it was a tiny force. And Tetsuyama? Really? I pretty much told Marthus ICly, if he manages to even make Fairwind blink, he'd have succeeded. That's hardly involvement. He might as well have just taken his troops for a stroll to the Void lands and back. Declaring their intent before that was just a courtesy. And apparently Tetsuyama was 'involved'.

Rathgar troops were over a thousand. Not all of them survived, of course. Tetsuyama were around 600. That's what I got told in-game.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 06:27:03 AM »

Rathgar troops were over a thousand. Not all of them survived, of course. Tetsuyama were around 600. That's what I got told in-game.

It long ago reached the point with this war that if I can't see something with my own characters, I don't believe anything that is said.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Weaver

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »
*laughing intensifies*

Completely wrecked again.

The saddest part is, the OOC whining has made several players already consider quitting, and I think a few might. Good job. Hey, maybe if all of us quit, winning might actually be possible?

Probably not. Ha ha.

I keep telling them to reply to the messages they get with 'Weaver told you to go f**k yourself', but they won't do it. So I actually started approaching players OOCly to launch a counter OOC invasion. Seems like the best way to get my words across. I hope you enjoy it.

You made a huge mistake when you started harassing my friends.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:19:50 PM by Weaver »

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »
As someone who's had pretty much nothing to do with the OOC side, gee, thanks. Some of us are just playing our characters the way they would act.

Weaver

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:43 PM »
The people relevant to the topic are the only ones I address, and no one else. If you had nothing to do with it, you may as well just pretend you never saw any of this, other than knowing what actually goes on in this game.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »
Weaver, the attitude you display here is toxic and detrimental to the game. You are not the only one doing it, but you are by far the most public one about it. Please tone it down. This removes a lot of enjoyment from the game.

Weaver

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
I am sorry, did I huwt youw feewings?

The shit you just said is exactly what propagates this- your uneducated opinion in something you don't know two shits about. And now people will think, since you said it, that I am not the only one doing it.

News flash: I am not the one doing it at all.

News flash 2: My enjoyment of the game was removed quite a while ago.

Don't butt into business you know nothing about- and don't butt into my business at all, unless you are qualified to do so. Boohoo I am toxic. Look through this board. Who the hell ever was not toxic? Your passive aggressiveness is toxic. At least I have the balls to be public about it, unless you mean that I should just lie back and take this shit lying down while people I know want to quit the game? Is that what you are saying? Let's all harass each other. Last player remaining wins. Is that it? No? Then refer to the first sentence of this paragraph.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »
Dude, you sound like a major asshole. Do you need henchmen?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2016, 04:48:04 PM »
No, you didn't hurt my feelings. My involvement in the whole affair is minimal. It begins and ends with Flaochad Ratharing, the prince of the Archonian Dominate. And he is busy with Tetsuyama instead. I have not a single other character involved in your conflict. I am presenting you the opinion of a rather non-involved forumite that comes here to read all the hate you are spewing.

I said you were not the only one being toxic, because there are others on that train. And I was referring to people being toxic against you. But you are far more public than they are.

In my reading of this thread you are the only one being toxic. And that's a patter you've been keeping consistent for long. Perhaps others may disagree, though, I'd like to see other opinions.

Your claim that your enjoyment of the game was removed quite a while ago is completely in tune with your attitude. The question remains on why you keep playing a game you do not enjoy. You seem to want to remove the enjoyment from the rest of the players. What for?

You may see this as me attacking you out of the blue. I do not intend it to be. I am trying to reach out as a fellow player of the game (and gamer in general) in order to try to fix this horrible situation the community seems to be immersed in.

Sorry if I am blunt, but get a grip on yourself. You are involving degrees of real life hatred and OoC energy against other players (not characters) that is not healthy for the game, nor for yourself.

I've taken several games more seriously than I should have in the past, and I'm not sure if at the moment I'd have heeded a call like the one I'm making right now (probably not, I was and often am a stubborn idiot), but please do think about it.

This is not about me. Your actions so far have had zero detrimental effect on my character's interests (in fact Flaochad has managed to make good use of Weaver's impact on the south), and as a player I simply am not involved in your realms, so I am left safely out of the storm breeding in there. But I notice lots of complaints from every side, and your attitude is not helping. Help the game and help yourself, please.

Weaver

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
Dude, you sound like a major asshole. Do you need henchmen?

Yes.

################################################################

Gosh, Ratharing, why do you make so much sense? You just take the energy out of me, and it's hard to keep doing what I am doing when you put it that way. But really, my words affect no one. No matter what I say, and how big of an asshole I make myself, it doesn't change that I didn't call out anyone or insult anyone. Taken word for word, my words are not actually toxic. Sure, the context is.

At this point I am mostly running on spite. I actually take pleasure in completely dismantling these guys (No one affiliated with EI though, have to stress this every time) and giving them tit for tat. The whole package. Turned up to 11. Am I really an asshole? No. Many will disagree and I don't mind. But I am crude and I am cruel, and I am fair.

I don't see you as attacking me, and really, it seems like the only time I am compelled to post on the forum is to either be condescending or to give valuable input on balance. And bugs.

But really, I did not start this. Sure, I brought it to light, and I am the only one appearing toxic. But you know. I did not start this. I will, however, end it. Things will go back to normal, and in a month or two, someone will read this thread and think 'Wow, what an asshole', and that's fine with me. I am getting what I wanted from this thread: Exposure on the matter, and public humiliation of some munchkins. Might as well be my Mona Lisa.

If you want this to end, go ahead and post a message to your Realm that goes like this: "OOC: If you harassed the players affiliated with Weaver, apologize to them." And if I hear that apologies are happening, I will go back to being an angel.

And it's not like I am not being an angel to everyone not involved with this directly. They probably won't speak up, cause it's not their battle to fight. I told them this countless times, and if I really asked for it, they'd vouch for me. Maybe even praise me.

But to the minority of those involved with this harassment incident? ... Heh.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »
Several sides claim being harassed, some by you or people affiliated to you. I take both your and their claims with a grain of salt. See, there is certainly harassment from both sides, and both sides probably think the other one started it. That is because we never judge ourselves in the same light we judge others.[/font]

I am more than willing to start an honest OoC talk with the players of the Archonian Dominate on the matter (or from any other realm I play in), if you commit yourself to see this hatred end and do your part. Could be in the thread with the rebel dukes and Eldamar too, if you want.

To me there are no doubts that every sides feels completely justified on what they are doing, so only ask for what you can offer. If you want apologies, be ready to offer them too. Friendly advise.

I've played my fair share in games out of spite from certain players or even the leadership/admins/mods of certain servers, because we do derive a certain sadistic pleasure (besides having strong incentives given by outrage and a certain desire of vengeance), but, honestly? Looking back at it I wish I hadn't spent a minute in them. I gained nothing, and it had a cost, both in my precious time being wasted with those who didn't deserve it and in my own emotional health. And in the well-being of the communities I did care about.
TL;DR: It's fucking unhealthy.

Weaver

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 06:12:05 PM »
I can tell you right here and right now, we never did any abusing. Look back to my apology thread. I used a word ICly, the player didn't like it, and I apologized. Publicly. I practically begged for his forgiveness, and never received a word on it.

No, Ratharing, there is not a single person in the HoO, until this thread has appeared, that has in any way, shape or form, harassed anyone on the opposing side.

The siege of Datubana where less honest things were done in reply to power-gaming (Which ended up being a bug)? When I found out that Kommagene was probably the most straight up fair player in the entire game, /I surrendered the entire war/, not just GTFO'd out of Fairwind and sacrificed 600 troops. So no, the House of Order and everyone affiliated with me always treated _everyone_ fairly IG, without harassment. I would get everyone in the HoO to come here and swear on their mother's life this is true, but I will not have them share their identity for obvious reasons. Ultimately, whether anyone believes me or not is besides the point.

And things are about to change.

I am always committed to resolving unpleasant situations. But I will not be the one to step forward and take the first step. They have the burden to bear now, and if they choose not to lay it down, I will give them hell and return their feelings tenfold. It is that simple.

Jhon2221

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
Wait. If you surrendered, why are we even still fighting? I recall the battle at Datubana, I was told you gave up, and next thing I see you're running to.. Tharsis, i'm assuming. I had no idea, in fact I actually messaged Weaver offering his surrender for safe haven in Kyde and I would demand his trial in exchange for cease in hostilities, and he pretty much literally told me to stick it. Unless what you meant by surrender was a white peace, which is far from surrendering.