Author Topic: Laughing  (Read 3646 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Laughing
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 10:40:41 PM »
Ah, the heavy javelin troops you got from Nril. Those sure seem to take care of business, huh? Looks like they were facing crappy and/or starving troops in there.

I play in the Cult of the Void (there are more or less 4 players active in there currently), and nothing has been said about Weaver. All my character knows is that he's the Emperor of the Imperium of Aelwyn, and a religious fanatic (thus, an unlikely target for our proselytizing).

We have, however, taken the approach of making our nobles join other realms and mingle with their nobility, ICly infiltrating them and trying to convert people to our religion.

I can imagine which character you have been facing, and if it is who I think I believe then it's about his ties to Eldamar. The Cult has spoken not a single word about you, much less decided to take one side in the war. We are busy elsewhere.

Nril doesn't use Javelin. Only Rheged does among the Elysium realms, and that was only cause they were testing a no archer force. The troops sold by Nril died in the first offensive by Fairwind in the east long ago.

Where are those troops coming from, besides the Archonian Dominate (whose theater of war is Tetsuyama), Tetsuyama itself, Rathgar and Hawks (the three of which are on your side)?

When the entire thread has devolved into nitpicking, can we at least be specific. Hawks does not support Weaver, hell a good part of Hawks is waiting to see what advantage they can gain from Weavers demise. A specific sub group of sub realms have a issue with Black Forest, and thus by extension their allies, however they are not actually friendly with Weaver either, they just both happen to be fighting the same foe at the same time. They are actually one of the biggest supporters for the suggestion for Hawks to expand East during this war.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:55:01 PM by De-Legro »
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Weaver

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
Ok, you know what, you are right. I was wrong. I will just remove the description from all of my characters, and use game jargon for my long realm name. Like 'EI'. And all the ranks in my realm will be modern democratic jargon as well. I mean, hell, we even had a realm named Poland. Might as well start the god damn Third Reich and rename House of Order to the SchutzStaffel- oh, and every Noble will be Panzer IV F2, with a rep about their tracks. And you know what? All of that will be IC. Whisperreap will be Tank Factory I. And now we are a World War II geo-political simulator.

You know, I can understand the leap in logic in knowing beforehand what a character looks like, what a city is called, and what a realm is named- but going into the specifics only someone close to the character would notice or know, without ever interacting with him, is just plain bullshit. How is one supposed to make secret ranks and orders, if creating any incentive to RP with them must be avoided because it becomes 'IC knowledge'. That's just plain wrong.

The realm ranks, titles, names, they all exist to create incentive for RP, not have everyone across the world know about them automatically by default. The mad 'Emperor'/fanatic/whatever persona exists because of these incentives- whether they were used ICly or OOCly is beside the point. But if it's going to be purely OOC, I'll remove them. In fact, I'll change my RP and description, and Weaver will be like a nobody. And then what?

There should be responsibility in reading appearance paragraphs and Realm structures.

Either way, there's a lot more going on and than you are aware of, and that's the point of the topic. I don't want to name any names or point any fingers.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 11:02:39 PM »
On the titles and RP, you can always use fantasy titles that have no RL connotation if you want to go with something new. Now, if you use RL titles do expect certain parallels to be drawn. If you go with Nazi Germany theme, as absurd as it might be, you will naturally be compared with Hitler. That is to be expected.

If you go with the Christian crusader theme you've been pushing through you will be naturally labeled a religious zealot. The "mad emperor" not so much, and I have only seen that as an IC propaganda. Every enemy ruler is either mad or a weakling. That's how we try to paint our serious enemies.

I don't see how being labeled a zealot impedes RP. The Black Road and the Cult of The Void are two realms of religious zealots, and they are both RP-heavy. I doubt any of their players would resent such labeling.

Regarding there being more than I am aware of, I understand that and do not doubt it, but you are making accusations so I would like you to substantiate them more. For I do not really see from where would those soldiers be appearing, since the largest troops factories are already involved in the war, and most on your side.

Weaver

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 11:13:50 PM »
I dislike fantasy themes because they have nothing relatable in them. Using, let's call them that, 'powerful' words people are familiar with, and /once in the fold/ taught the difference between the RL meaning and the in game meaning, was the approach I took.

A pure land of righteousness with powerful military figures, who are exemplars of the virtues IoA upholds. And this is still true. Yet people, this being only the most minor case, take this whole thing out of proportion, and speak ICly and OOCly, as if their misguided delusion was fact. Is that not how AD joined the war?

And last of all, Rathgar and Tetsuyama are not involved in my war. And last I checked, other than selling me troops, Hawks initially invaded /ME/. And when no doubt everyone was screaming 'OMG Weaver begged his OOC friends to come help him', I was worrying if their land grab was gonna stop at Sorento or not. It worked out in the end, so I am not complaining.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 11:30:02 PM »
I personally prefer fantasy themes, as RL titles bring unwanted connotations. That is likely shared by others history lovers, so if you bring me a Khan that fights in shield walls or a Templar that is not religious I will personally turn my nose. It's using a stereotype, and using it poorly, in my humble opinion.
As you see, the Archonian Dominate draws heavily from the Roman Principate, so while not everything matches perfectly we do strive to make the basics similar, while we do our own thing in the background. But if you come and assume a sacred senate and certain power struggles, and power in the hands of the generals, and a military culture, and several other Roman things, well, you won't be too far off, and you will certainly not be condemned for assuming so.

Are you selling your IC propaganda in here? Because if you ask in Hawks, Rathgar, the AD and others the same description holds true. Righteousness and military might is a pretty universal theme, but each one has its own interpretation on what that means.
But no, the AD did not join merely for that. There was not a single factor, but many: the alliance between House Valgerys and Fairwind ensured the support of some Archons, the intervention of Tetsuyama in the war of others, the prior attack of members of the HoO against the Sarantian Empire of others, and the short episode of intervention in Doarhus and kidnapping of its prince of others.
Weaver has not made many friends in the south.

Last time I knew Rathgar was sending thousands of troops against Eldamar in support of Weaver, then were defeated, and now things seem to have quieted down a bit. Dunno how it will progress.
Tetsuyama were involved before the AD intervened and forced them out.
Thousands of troops of Hawks were engaged in war against Sorento (one of the rebellious duchies), taking settlements and giving them to members of the HoO, and are hostile to Eldamar as well.

At least that has been what I have been fed. Which of it is untrue?
Also, any reason not to point out where those unaligned troops are coming from? I am truly curious.

Weaver

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »
No, I am not selling my propaganda. And there's more to the Roman theme than that. Also, Archons are angels. Is AD religious? And the word Dominate, does that also make you evil? How would you feel if I started messing with you because apparently I think you are all evil winged creatures?

Also, all of your info is downright wrong. Especially the part about the Hawks. And yes, there is a reason for me not pointing out, it's called impartiality. And the purpose of this thread is to taunt them, without provoking them. I can provoke them in game, but then no one on the forum will know what is going on.

I much prefer the forumites to know that I am kicking someone's butt despite the ridiculousness of the whole situation. If someone, like me, finds it funny, that's great. if not, I don't really care either way.

LGMAlpha

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 11:54:20 PM »
Thousands of troops of Hawks were engaged in war against Sorento (one of the rebellious duchies), taking settlements and giving them to members of the HoO, and are hostile to Eldamar as well.

To provide some clarification in this, I don't think Hawks took any settlements to give to HoO. I also don't think that Weaver had advanced knowledge of the Hawks attack, though he did benefit significantly from it in game.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:09 AM »

Yes several sub realms of Hawks fought Sorento, and attacked several of the HoO as well, though they now have something of a cold agreement to both concentrate on the rebels. That is what happens when a Tarquinian attacks your settlement because the fact that troops moved THROUGH your lands to support weaver means you MUST support Weaver. Course the Tarquinians have long used the same land as a pass though to attack Weaver, so maybe he supports both. However he didn't give the land to HoO, he recruited a new player, gave him the land and then did a peace deal with Sorento for them to leave the war and regain the land under the control of the new player. They were talking about leaving the war, since they didn't want to fight through Fairwind to get to Tarquinian, but it would seem they came to them instead.

Weaver

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 12:17:46 AM »
That's why I think Avitus should put a sign on his roads that says '1 gold per 10 soldiers' and 'Toll booth 100m north'.

Zandar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »
Why is this still an issue. I thought Weaver had surrendered to Fairwind?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »
No, I am not selling my propaganda. And there's more to the Roman theme than that. Also, Archons are angels. Is AD religious? And the word Dominate, does that also make you evil? How would you feel if I started messing with you because apparently I think you are all evil winged creatures?

Yes, there is more to the Roman theme, I don't deny it. You could suspect we shared some of it.
Archons are also angels, it is the Greek word for "ruler" or "lord". You could also assume it's a Starcraft unit, but that would be kind of unlikely and not fitting the medieval theme, now would it?

Also, all of your info is downright wrong. Especially the part about the Hawks.

I can understand the part of the Hawks. But what about the rest is wrong?

Weaver

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 01:07:24 AM »
Why is this still an issue. I thought Weaver had surrendered to Fairwind?

Beats me.

I can understand the part of the Hawks. But what about the rest is wrong?

There were no 'thousands of troops'. I could look it up, but it was a tiny force. And Tetsuyama? Really? I pretty much told Marthus ICly, if he manages to even make Fairwind blink, he'd have succeeded. That's hardly involvement. He might as well have just taken his troops for a stroll to the Void lands and back. Declaring their intent before that was just a courtesy. And apparently Tetsuyama was 'involved'.

And really, Zandar has a point. Why is this an issue at all. I don't want to set records straight with this topic. Do your own research or actually IN-GAME ask someone what is really going on, and what really happened and is happening.

LGMAlpha

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 01:33:56 AM »
There were no 'thousands of troops'. I could look it up, but it was a tiny force.

It was far from a tiny force. The number is slightly inflated because I initially thought the troops from the Rusizkean Protectorate and Nril that moved through Sorento were part of the attack. Still, it was over 1,000.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:38:33 AM by LGMAlpha »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 01:41:04 AM »

It was far from a tiny force. The number is slightly inflated because I initially thought the troops from the Rusizkean Protectorate and Nril that moved through Sorento were part of the attack. Still, it was over 1,000.

And mostly mercs they were struggling to pay after the GF war. Part of the reason you were the first of the Black Forest alliance to be attacked, you were close and they needed gold.

Weaver

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 01:48:16 AM »
I was talking about Rathgar.