Author Topic: Laughing  (Read 3955 times)

Weaver

Laughing
« on: January 28, 2016, 03:04:34 PM »
So, word reaches me from every corner of the world, of people who even talked to me once, are getting barraged by OOC whining about me, followed by IC propaganda, and now more and more 'unaffiliated' Nobles, bring 'unaffiliated' troops, from Realms far and wide, to attack me. Because I apparently power-game or whatever.

When the Cult of the Void, with whom I never had any interaction with, started doing the same, it took the cake.

This is me pointing and laughing at you all. How can you, with the support of almost the entire playerbase, not even put a dent in me? Heck, I've been sleeping peacefully with no concern at all, even when 500 unaffiliated troops advance on me. That is just pathetic. You rainbow snowflake munchkins need to try harder. You might as well just bring your entire Realm, I wouldn't mind. I'll beat you up anyway. Would at least put a face to your crusading landless Knights. In the meantime, we in the Imperium are also laughing about that. Sending landless Knights against us. How disgraceful is that? We also know where they come from and that makes it even more hilarious.

Come at me: http://pasteboard.co/18eLhtY5.png

Oh, and don't forget to bring your bandits too.

Conveniently, I placed this topic in the rage zone so we can start a, as my HoO friends would put it, salt farm.

EDIT: Oh, and if you ever decide to play fair and ICly, do let me know. I'll be waiting. And laughing. Ha ha.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:23:16 PM by Weaver »

Ratharing

• View Profile
Re: Laughing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »
Ah, the heavy javelin troops you got from Nril. Those sure seem to take care of business, huh? Looks like they were facing crappy and/or starving troops in there.

I play in the Cult of the Void (there are more or less 4 players active in there currently), and nothing has been said about Weaver. All my character knows is that he's the Emperor of the Imperium of Aelwyn, and a religious fanatic (thus, an unlikely target for our proselytizing).

We have, however, taken the approach of making our nobles join other realms and mingle with their nobility, ICly infiltrating them and trying to convert people to our religion.

I can imagine which character you have been facing, and if it is who I think I believe then it's about his ties to Eldamar. The Cult has spoken not a single word about you, much less decided to take one side in the war. We are busy elsewhere.

Weaver

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
Only 20 javelins trained in Whisperreap. And those troops were all satisfied. No starving happened. It's my Capital after all.

As for the Cult, yeah, I could guess you guys in general didn't have anything to do with it. Don't know much about this guy, except that they're taking a keen interest in lands owned by HoO. Taking 0 interest in anything else. And the whole idea that Weaver is a religious fanatic is pure BS. I don't even know where that came from, but I am liking it.

I wouldn't even call it 'facing'. More like 'destroying'. I don't really take interest in inquiring about this stuff from my Knights, but I can imagine the whine they have to listen to. God bless 'leave conversation', right?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »
Depends on what you consider to be a religious fanatic. Several of my characters are precisely that, on varying degrees.

In the eyes of the Cultists of the Void, Weaver took as emperor of the Erstes Imperium, diffused a certain Cult of Aelwyn, created a religious order and a religious realm to hold lands in the name of their divinities, and even went so far as to rename one of the two surviving older realms left (the EI), to replace it with the name of his creed.

That seems pretty fanatical to me.

Weaver

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »
The 'Cult of Aelwyn' is like the 'Code of Bushido', nothing religious about it and no gods. It does enter into a theme, that no one ICly knows, that there is a 'spiral' which is the mechanism of death and rebirth, and that evil deeds can taint it. But as I said, pretty much no one knows that second part. The Aelwyn Tradition is just that, a code of conduct and government. The crusading orders I imagine more like Bands of Mercenaries from the Berserk universe.

As for the name? That was to get the Civil War going, and it sure did. I guess Weaver does hit some of the notes of a fanatic, but no more than a samurai bound by duty. Why this translates into 'He is a mad emperor, we must kill him. I'll create a non-affiliated character and go attack him' and why everyone on the planet knows this, is beyond me.

At least Weaver is popular. When Weaver eventually wins, and executes every last opponent, I'll have so many bragging chips it won't even be funny. Really, it's like playing chess with children- half the guys I see running around have no clue what they are doing. They had so many opportunities to win it's not even funny. Or get a draw. I actually surrendered, but that hasn't stopped anyone.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »
If that's the theme you wanted to go with, then it was a bad idea to use "holy lands", "holy order", "crusader", "knight of one", "prophet", "heaven's arsenal", "saint". Your names refer directly to the most fanatical middle-ages christian enterprises and general theme. Of course people will read that and label you as a religious fanatic.

Also, most of my characters would label a stereotypical samurai as a religious fanatic, as they do not share the culture or beliefs.

I don't mind IC gloating, Weaver-player, but please keep it civil OoC. You are insulting and diminishing players, and that is not nice.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:29:19 PM by Ratharing »

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:55:25 PM »
Seems like you are having fun then.
It is one of my characters goals to create an army that can easily beat a much larger army, like his whole RP revolves around just making the best army ever, currently he is estateless, armyless and liegeless though as I just returned :P.
But I am hoping I can one day get a 200-300 man strong army that he can become a mercenary with and having him participate on your side can turn the tides of a war. Would be great fun.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 05:00:40 PM »
A single noble with 200-300 troops is a snail, not to mention the high chances of his army starving while he travels around from point A to point B.

You'd have a great increase in performance if you distributed an amount of the likes between two or three nobles.

Weaver

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
Most of that is OOC knowledge. As for your last request, I'll make sure to treat everyone as my equal once they stop taking this war so personally that they'll do anything to win. Why should I be civil when most of the guys I play with keep getting harassed OOCly by constant whining and bitching?

When people draw the line between game and player and learn to separate the two, and stop harassing my Realm-mates and associates, will I be less inclined to be hostile. And don't get me wrong, I am not even close to hostile right now; I don't see why you'd mention 'being civil'. I am civil. I haven't called anyone any names, merely pointed out the fact that I am sending them home without even giving them the courtesy of a good chase down and swift murder.

No, on the contrary. I am thinking I should take a page out of their playbook, and just call in all my OOC friends on them, but I am pretty sure the Forum would go down when everyone comes crying. So, no, in fact, I consider myself to be very civil and not-hostile.

Also, Andre, pretty much what Ratharing said.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »
Well yeah, I was thinking just like having an army around that size that can turn the tides of war, probably not on only one character. But having that character as the leader or something. He might ask around for information about the strongest troop types and best compositions aswell, and supporters or something once he really starts going for that, depending on what kind of regions he already has when he decides to do that.

Grayford

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »
I am civil.

This is me pointing and laughing at you all.

EDIT: Oh, and if you ever decide to play fair and ICly, do let me know. I'll be waiting. And laughing. Ha ha.

I'm not really involved in any of this and don't know entirely what's going on, but I could see where someone would see that as not-so-civil.

Weaver

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 06:31:49 PM »
It's not like I care anymore about what kind of perception people have of me. Plenty of people worked really hard to ruin that already.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 07:17:44 PM »
Most of that is OOC knowledge.

Flaochad has received most of those words associated with you ICly, either through you, Vanessa, your knights or others. The extensive use of christian iconography is not veiled.

Let me list you some things that everyone can see, related to Weaver, even without ever having met him (only through rumors):
The Holy Imperium of Xiye Xi Apos (realm)
Saint (rank in the realm)
Holy Blade (Weaver's legendary sword)
Chalice of Emerwin (Legendary artifact associated with said sword)
The Holy Lands of the Imperium (realm)
Templars and Zealots (Ranks of the Provectus Tormenta as described in the realm)
Holy Order of Saint Aelwyn (realm)

Can you seriously color yourself surprised for your character to be considered a religious zealot with that heavy use of medieval christian iconography? Notice this is all IC and widely available to any distant noble from far, far away, I am not even mentioning the closer interactions with the friends and foes of Weaver.

As for your last request, I'll make sure to treat everyone as my equal once they stop taking this war so personally that they'll do anything to win. Why should I be civil when most of the guys I play with keep getting harassed OOCly by constant whining and bitching?

You said you were not going to play the game forever. How would you rather be remembered? As the guy who provided a very entertaining turmoil and lore in the most central area of the game, or a guy who was being a douche in OoC towards others (regardless if they deserved it or not)?

No, on the contrary. I am thinking I should take a page out of their playbook, and just call in all my OOC friends on them, but I am pretty sure the Forum would go down when everyone comes crying. So, no, in fact, I consider myself to be very civil and not-hostile.

You are already being accused of that, specially regarding Hawk's intervention. I don't buy it, in the same way I don't buy your accusations on others (from what I've seen you are only facing the dukes of the former-EI and Eldamar, even the guy from the Cult of the Void -if he is who I think- was originally a guy from Eldamar and his troops come from his home realm, not from the Cult).

Unless you mean to imply there are troops coming from elsewhere?

To my understanding the only actors involved directly against you in the civil war are those mentioned: the dukes and Eldamar. The Archonian Dominate intervened to counter Tetsuyama, but that's as far as our involvement has gone. Hawks and Rathgarr, on the other hand, have been extensively helping you. Am I missing anything?

Weaver

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »
No, that is not IC information, so you can cross Holy Blade and Chalice off the list. Saint is a person of exemplary virtue, the word is not solely related to religion. So is Zealot, a person of strong conviction trying to convert others to the same. Templar is the only word there that has anything to do with religion, as it is a member of a *Knightly* Order of a Religion.

As for Holy Lands and the Order of Saint Aelwyn- Holy:
  • exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness
There are in fact four other Knightly Orders in the Provectus Tormenta.

The most important thing however is, none of this information is IC. And even if it was, no one stopped to wonder why there are no priests or whatevers? Sure, it's my fault for using words with different meanings than the generally accepted norm, but if you are going to take as IC information every realm page and just assume you know it, I might as well rename them to "squirrels". And then what? EI is the only Realm in the world with Squirrels in it?

The simple fact, and bottom line is thus, yes, troops from places outside Eldamar and EI are being dragged into war, as well as bandits, and on top of that, people are using OOC information they can hardly understand to butt into my war (Which I don't even really mind) What I do mind is when they start whining and bitching that *I* am a power-gamer.

And as for how people perceive me? I do not really care. It does not bother me one iota what people say about me, or think about me. I could say I am slightly bothered by the hipocrisy of it all, but even that is not a factor in the least bit. The only thing that bothers me is people getting colored because of associating with me in any form. As for anything else? I know what I am gonna be remembered for. Beating everyone involved in this war silly with sticks and stones.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:30:36 PM by Weaver »

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 10:15:01 PM »
No, that is not IC information, so you can cross Holy Blade and Chalice off the list.

Remove it from your character's description if you don't want it to be IC information. Keep it on the wiki instead, or something. Right now that represents what is publicly known from a very public person.

Saint is a person of exemplary virtue, the word is not solely related to religion.

Google up its definition, its wiki page, the origin of the word, whatever. If you wanted a title without religious connotations you made a poor choice.

So is Zealot, a person of strong conviction trying to convert others to the same.

Unless we are talking about Starcraft, then Zealot is either the radical religious and political movement of the first century Jews, or, by association, a fanatical partisan. In a medieval scenario, the jump towards a religious fanatic is truly a small leap.

Templar is the only word there that has anything to do with religion, as it is a member of a *Knightly* Order of a Religion.

You may be using the modern meanings of "saint" and "zealot", but both are religious in origin (saint has not stopped being, truly).

As for Holy Lands and the Order of Saint Aelwyn- Holy:
  • exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness

Well, you can characterize it as non-religious, but "exalted", "worthy of complete devotion" and "perfect in goodness and righteousness" seems pretty religious to me. And I imply nothing negative by saying it.

There are in fact four other Knightly Orders in the Provectus Tormenta.

I am only listing the blatantly religion-related and public.

The most important thing however is, none of this information is IC.

All of it is public. If you put stuff in the description of your character and realms expect them to be known.

And even if it was, no one stopped to wonder why there are no priests or whatevers?

It is also public that the Trinitary State is part of the Imperium of Aelwyn, and that they have priests. Its relation to the Aelwyn Tradition is not fully clear, but by that point one would have every pointer in the religious direction, and none against. It would take people knowing more about you to perhaps dispel such notion.

Besides, one could safely assume Weaver and the knights are priests of sorts (warrior monks and whatnot).

Sure, it's my fault for using words with different meanings than the generally accepted norm, but if you are going to take as IC information every realm page and just assume you know it, I might as well rename them to "squirrels". And then what? EI is the only Realm in the world with Squirrels in it?

If you change your title to "tyrant" then you can claim there are precedents for you to be a regular (temporal) autocrat, without necessarily having the wrong connotations given afterwards to the term. But if you entitle yourself "pope", "ayatollah", "rabbi", "daoshi" or even "brahmin" then you are inducing people to believe you a spiritual/religious ruler/priest. You can use that name for your minister of foreign affairs, but don't act surprised when people read it wrongly.

The simple fact, and bottom line is thus, yes, troops from places outside Eldamar and EI are being dragged into war, as well as bandits, and on top of that, people are using OOC information they can hardly understand to butt into my war (Which I don't even really mind) What I do mind is when they start whining and bitching that *I* am a power-gamer.

Where are those troops coming from, besides the Archonian Dominate (whose theater of war is Tetsuyama), Tetsuyama itself, Rathgar and Hawks (the three of which are on your side)?

Bandits are always dragged to every war. They were to every war I took part in. They beat us bloody when we started The Void. They are something you get used to and learn to ignore. If bandits threaten you, then you are already very weak.

And what OOC information? The ones I listed are all IC to me.