Author Topic: Think I might come back to the game  (Read 1561 times)

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
Think I might come back to the game
« on: January 23, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »
So I left as I did not really have time to play anymore and no want to do so either, was just tired of all kinds of gaming and so on. Now I am thinking of coming back to the game though.

Also it seems like some big changes have happened, is there anything really important I need to know before starting again? I belive I left around 8 months ago, April I think, maybe May.

I decided to kill all but one of my characters who was most enjoyable to play, and will keep playing with him for now and create new ones aswell I think.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:55:45 PM by Andre »

LGMAlpha

Re: Think I might come back to the game
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:45:58 PM »
I returned to the game a couple months ago. Besides a few frustrating episodes, I am reasonably happy to be playing again.

If you're interested in playing in the old EI, for now Imperium of Aelwyn, I'm going to be giving away a good amount of land through knight offers in the next week or so.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 06:02:39 PM »
I might do that with a new character then, though the character I decided to keep is near the old EI so he might still come into contact with it.
I have some nice roleplay planned with him, involving a wizard, "stasis" spells on him and his whole family and trying to hunt down and kill that wizard. :P

Btw, if I might ask, what happened to the kingdom of Ryne? EDIT: Oh XD, its still there, just smaller and under the empire of Tetsuyama.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:09:37 PM by Andre »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 11:03:16 PM »
Ryne's Ruler slumbered as did much of its once vibrant community.

There is always a place in Hawks for  you. Hope you will pop into the IRC channel again.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »
Thinking of probably being kind of a mercenary, for now going to start with offering my humble services of just me and no troop to the emperor of Tetsuyama, he can probably spare some peasants with whom I can start, or give me some work to earn those peasants.

Here is the message I left for him (If I leave a message to the owner of a settlement can that person immediatly see it or do they have to get to the settlement I left it at to see it?):
I am Karl "the Raven Marked" Jonsson, I have recently awoken from my long slumber ((OOC: Inactive for 8 months)), put onto me by a wizard or other magic knower, and apparently also onto my family, who seem to not have awoken yet, if they ever will.
[/size]I was previously a loyal vassal for the House of Kye, the rulers of the Kingdom of Ryne, both of which do not seem to be major players anymore. As I said though, I am currently looking for work, whether it be taking care of a settlement or fighting for you or your vassals. I will serve you as loyaly as I did the House of Kye and Ryne. And I will show no mercy to those who oppose you. I consider myself fairly experienced in personal combat, as I have slain 25 mortals and came in the top three of the tournament for Raven Marked at Merywyn back before I was sent into a state of slumber, I can't remember which place in the top three I was though. But I am very proficient in swords, scimitars and axes, and also fairly proficient in horse combat.
[/size]I also know how to lead men trough pain and death into victory and glory as I have been part of 44 battles and the soldiers I led were very successful, and I have rarely come out of a battle in defeat, and the few times I have been defeated have only made me stronger and better. I can turn a mere peasant with a woodchopping axe and cloth tunic into a killer on the battlefield.
[/size]I do not ask for much to serve you, beyond troops to do so with or a settlement to produce troops trough. I can very well understand if you might not trust me, and I can easily start with the most poorly equipped and trained of peasants.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »
Thinking of probably being kind of a mercenary, for now going to start with offering my humble services of just me and no troop to the emperor of Tetsuyama, he can probably spare some peasants with whom I can start, or give me some work to earn those peasants.

Here is the message I left for him (If I leave a message to the owner of a settlement can that person immediatly see it or do they have to get to the settlement I left it at to see it?):
I am Karl "the Raven Marked" Jonsson, I have recently awoken from my long slumber ((OOC: Inactive for 8 months)), put onto me by a wizard or other magic knower, and apparently also onto my family, who seem to not have awoken yet, if they ever will.
[/size]I was previously a loyal vassal for the House of Kye, the rulers of the Kingdom of Ryne, both of which do not seem to be major players anymore. As I said though, I am currently looking for work, whether it be taking care of a settlement or fighting for you or your vassals. I will serve you as loyaly as I did the House of Kye and Ryne. And I will show no mercy to those who oppose you. I consider myself fairly experienced in personal combat, as I have slain 25 mortals and came in the top three of the tournament for Raven Marked at Merywyn back before I was sent into a state of slumber, I can't remember which place in the top three I was though. But I am very proficient in swords, scimitars and axes, and also fairly proficient in horse combat.
[/size]I also know how to lead men trough pain and death into victory and glory as I have been part of 44 battles and the soldiers I led were very successful, and I have rarely come out of a battle in defeat, and the few times I have been defeated have only made me stronger and better. I can turn a mere peasant with a woodchopping axe and cloth tunic into a killer on the battlefield.
[/size]I do not ask for much to serve you, beyond troops to do so with or a settlement to produce troops trough. I can very well understand if you might not trust me, and I can easily start with the most poorly equipped and trained of peasants.

Pity, I still have the eststes you used to hold. There is a mercenary company nearby, down near Elysium.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 01:11:07 AM »

I was previously a loyal vassal for the House of Kye, the rulers of the Kingdom of Ryne, both of which do not seem to be major players anymore. As I said though, I am currently looking for work, whether it be taking care of a settlement or fighting for you or your vassals. I will serve you as loyaly as I did the House of Kye and Ryne. And I will show no mercy to those who oppose you. I consider myself fairly experienced in personal combat, as I have slain 25 mortals and came in the top three of the tournament for Raven Marked at Merywyn back before I was sent into a state of slumber, I can't remember which place in the top three I was though. But I am very proficient in swords, scimitars and axes, and also fairly proficient in horse combat.
I also know how to lead men trough pain and death into victory and glory as I have been part of 44 battles and the soldiers I led were very successful, and I have rarely come out of a battle in defeat, and the few times I have been defeated have only made me stronger and better. I can turn a mere peasant with a woodchopping axe and cloth tunic into a killer on the battlefield.
I do not ask for much to serve you, beyond troops to do so with or a settlement to produce troops trough. I can very well understand if you might not trust me, and I can easily start with the most poorly equipped and trained of peasants.

As said, you can join the Golden Hand Mercenary Company which is directly and literally a mercenary company, or you can join the Lowlands, which is a confederation of independent clans with the tradition of offering their military services to foreign realms, instead of raiding as the neighboring Rathgarians do.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 01:22:51 AM »
Seems intresting, and I might think about it, though I was thinking more of an independent traveler theme or something like that.

Can someone link me to the IRC btw?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:28:20 AM by Andre »

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 02:51:48 AM »
http://chat.mightandfealtyfans.org/

The independent traveler sounds more like a Lowlander, more likely if you have ties to a clan that can supply you troops.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »
If you want to come back and be active with a number of characters and estates, then Rathgar is in need of active clans as well.

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 05:47:52 PM »
Hey, Glad to have you back. I hope you will enjoy your time in Tetsuyama. Kinda gave you a tall order to fill.

"Help take estates back from AD and you can have them."

Signed Emperor Marthus Darion

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
If you want to come back and be active with a number of characters and estates, then Rathgar is in need of active clans as well.

Yep, what he said.  I am busy dividing up lands from blighted nobles (again) and putting them into smaller 10+/- settlement realms.  All they will need are active players.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 01:09:39 AM »
All they will need are active players.

Not exactly a easy to fill request though is it.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 09:58:54 AM »
Ive currently got a character in the very far North-West taking some slumbering scrublands, going to try and create a realm of it. XD