Author Topic: Thralls and resource production  (Read 2503 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Thralls and resource production
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 01:38:47 AM »

Well, after a few weeks with no thrall change, i believe i can safely say it's not going to move. Keep in mind, the population has been growing and falling due to change in tribute as well as building as mass recruitment. When the thralls died from starvation, they didn't come back, however none of the thralls are actually turning into freefolk.

I don't believe that are supposed to. The changes stop them from breeding more thralls.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 07:43:55 PM »
There is no conversion. But if you see population fall, both peasants and thralls should fall. And then when it rises again, only thralls should rise.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »
With 4k, you are almost certainly beyond the sustainable level of agriculture for that region. Basically, if you take the same amount of land, say 1 hectare, and you put 10 people to farm it, they will harvest 10 potatoes. When you put 20 people to farm it, maybe they will harvest 20. But when you put 100 people on it, they won't harvest 100. Land is limited and they begin to step on each others feet. And when you put 1000 people on it, the difference to 100 will be negliegable. Somewhere in there, an additional man is producing less than he eats.

Any hints on what 'sustainable level of agriculture' depends on? I'd assume food source and how many square miles the region has. I have noticed that in some estates I can import thralls up to a 1000 population, while in some everything breaks around 500.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 01:36:58 AM »
Any hints on what 'sustainable level of agriculture' depends on? I'd assume food source and how many square miles the region has. I have noticed that in some estates I can import thralls up to a 1000 population, while in some everything breaks around 500.

It depends on the base food production of the region, mostly. The more arable land there is, the longer it takes until people step on each other.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 02:03:41 AM »
so, is there any way to get rid of thralls other than brutal starvation of estate?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
Disallow slavery and wait while the normal ups and downs manage the problem for you.