Author Topic: Archono-Tetsuyaman War  (Read 1556 times)

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Archono-Tetsuyaman War
« on: January 15, 2016, 09:35:32 PM »
The event on the beginning of the war between Archonian Dominate and Tetsuyama. Which could be called a second war, since those of Sarantine culture - which is pretty much half of the Archonian Dominate - has warred Tetsuyama in the past as well.

Brenyrion enters a balcony of the stone tower of an ancient fortress. Sharp northern wind made his golden hair flatter in the wind, wild and untamed. On the horizon he saw no army; not from the south, and not from the north. He decides to hide from this horrid weather and find shelter inside the tower. He lights a candle, sits down and starts to write.

Dear Uncle,

Many days have passed since we departed in Valereach. I have successfully lead the vanguard of Legio Maximus across the Appala Mountains and entered the domain of the Southern Shores. You were right. The capital of this province was poorly guided and lorded by some slumbering Lord, and thus a smile crossed my face when I saw the walls of Eastwood defended by only a handful of men. The charge was a success. Trivial casualties on our part, and the victorious entrance of the armies of the Vale. I have immediately ordered a takeover and the rebels are thus far controled and put to minimum. We are almost completely in control and it is only a matter of hours before I order my men to break out the banner of the Vale and the Dominate, and officially claim it for the Realm. This city is ancient and built well. Massive stone walls circle around it while a stone castle for the Lord's chambers is almost finished. With a proper garrison this city can last against any siege. The census I received counts 2.500 mortals, one fifth of that being the slaves. The productive potential is outstanding, and with proper metal shipments this city can become an important military hub.
However, my eyes are constantly set on the north. I've sent out scouting parties and found little power in these lands that could challenge our vanguard. There is a garrison of 90 in the Crossing, and another garrison of 50 in Goldilion. Still, I get a nervous feeling every time a scout reports in. I have a feeling that the valleys around me won't be so silent and dormant once the enemy arrives. Randomly, the ground starts to vibrate here. It could be an earthquake, or it could be the thundering hooves of Tetsuyaman Lords. Thus, I must ask. When will the reinforcements arrive?

Yours,
Brenyrion Valgerys, Paladin of the Vale

He then summons the lendan stones and deliver the message to Lucaerion of the Vale, Centurion of Legio Maximus.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:45:40 PM by Dorian »

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
Re: Archono-Tetsuyaman War
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
Seems like House Suchīru has unblighted just in time for fun and frolics.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »
Not really. It seems Tetsuyama had enough after just two days.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 03:17:20 PM »
Not really. It seems Tetsuyama had enough after just two days.

Tends to be the case when you attack someone already mobilised in a war. By time they bring an army home they know they will have already lost territory and be on the back foot. Lest you have them an option.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »
Yet they were warned in advance that such option is possible, so I daresay they would have to plan their involvement in advance, at least to the level which does not impose complete change of stance overnight.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:09:17 AM »
Yet they were warned in advance that such option is possible, so I daresay they would have to plan their involvement in advance, at least to the level which does not impose complete change of stance overnight.

That is not how the other player interpreted the discussion. They understood that the Archons supported the rebels and might join the conflict, not that they would be the target should it occur.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »
Well, I am actually not familiar with such subtleties, I just transmitted generally known information.  ;D

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »
How De-legro says, is how i initially interpreted it, but that soon turned to be false. The aggressors of this war just wanted to war with me, not help their supposed friend in the Imperium. Otherwise, when I declared peace with the rebel forces and pulled out,they would be leaving to go help the Rebels not sticking around my realm demanding demanding land and tribute.
But I digress, this thread is for stories.

Nice little RP otherwise. By now I am sure you have seen our armies amassing to fight back.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:23 PM »
I have, partially, and from an OOC perspective I think it would exciting to challenge them. This will be determined IC, I believe. Otherwise, I think you are missing the point on the Dominate involvement in the civil war and the very real support we're providing to the rebels. The march north was never aimed at Tetsuyama, but the more Tetsuyama defies someone who managed to blitzkrieg and capture your capital in a few days time the more you're making this march becoming about you.

Weaver

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Hardly a blitzkrieg when the defender was not even home. I am pretty sure that if Tetsuyama fights back, the march will be about going home after a sound beating. It's a two-way street marching against someone without declaring war.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 11:26:27 PM »
I have a different opinion on the outcome, but this is why I said that from my perspective of a player it would be an interesting conflict.

Weaver

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »
Agreed. It would be interesting. Personally, I am glad to see there's more tension around the world. But Tetsuyama is an old Realm. They'll be a tough nut to crack.