Author Topic: Battle spam lock  (Read 3991 times)

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle spam lock
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
Give much larger defending armies a buff? You can handwave it as defender's advantage, getting to choose the terrain and dig in and so on. There's no real way to reconcile reaction time with locking up by symmetrical buffing that I can think of.

It's nice to see the overkill change, though.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Battle spam lock
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 03:25:43 PM »
So, in the log I see a couple battles with really short preparation times. Today I saw a new minimum record, one soldier attacking over 500, battle preparation time: 22 minutes. Since travel is updated only once per hour, I have serious doubts he received reinforcements unless they were already within range anyway.

I also see several battles in the 1-2 hours preparation time range. I might tweak this a little bit more, but not much. 10 men CAN set up a diversion that will stop an army on the march for a short time. But maybe it should be about half of what it is now.

My intendend end result is that engaging with small units to delay someone is a totally viable strategy, but you should have a unit size that is not a complete joke. A unit on the march will have a vanguard and a rearguard, and if you send a hand full of men, they will engage only with that and not the main army. But if you send a reasonable amount of troops, they can make a diversion, appear larger than they are, and make the army halt.