Author Topic: Inheriting +30 settlements all around the world  (Read 3542 times)

Ratharing

• View Profile
Inheriting +30 settlements all around the world
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
So, a character of mine has inherited over thirty settlements from all around the world. Needless to say, my corruption has spiked, and I'll have a tough time finding people to take over all of them, specially as they are spread out everywhere and it would take RL months to get to them all in order to set knight offers.

I'm considering killing the character in order to get rid of them all at once, despite I've never killed a character and don't like that idea at all.

Tom, what do you suggest in this situation? Ideally, I believe that remotely setting knight offers would be great (we are usually not in our settlements when they join anyway), and having a button to abandon the settlements wouldn't be bad either.

LGMAlpha

Re: Inheriting +30 settlements all around the world
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »
I was just thinking about this. I'd like the option to abandon villages. Some poorer regions, I can't even seem to give away.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 02:09:19 AM »
abandon settlement would certainly be useful :)

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:11:04 AM »
Yes, the option to divest estates to no one would be nice. On the other hand, your situation is probably quite rare.

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 02:36:47 AM »
I have a number of estates inside lowlands that i have no use for since i moved the the character out west, I have announced I dont want them, but people are still slow to take them. I would also like an abandon button

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 02:39:18 AM »
The option to remotely set knight offers would be nice. I would also like an option to set the estate to auto-grant to a new knight. That would be a great addition to a knight offer to make it more competitive.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »
I have a number of estates inside lowlands that i have no use for since i moved the the character out west, I have announced I dont want them, but people are still slow to take them. I would also like an abandon button

I was told by a knight (that then proved to be part of the inheritance scheme) that he didn't have access to the settlement. Perhaps if you set Enter Settlement, Mobilize Militia and Manage Recruitment in the settlements, the young knights would be able to take them over.

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 03:14:40 AM »
Already done, but I still would appreciate a way to abandon settlements

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
I've long been thinking of an abandon settlement button and I'm undecided about it. I WANT people to take up their responsibilities. On the other hand it would free up settlements for young knights. Then again it would rip ugly holes in many realms.

I think including an estate in a knight offer would be the best way, but I'm not sure about remote knight offers. I very much want location to matter. Maybe I could solve it by creating not knight, but vassal offers, where you give no soldiers, but the entire estate, and those could be set remotely?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
That would be interesting as well. My main issue is giving up those settlements to new characters. Thus the idea of remote knight offers.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
People are trying to keep the highest producing settlements and lowering corruption by getting rid of the ones that do not produce as much.  That tells me that scrublands (or what ever does not produce as much) need a buff of some kind to make people think twice.

Maybe a defensive bonus, stronger region familiarity, or maybe a lower corruption for the 'bad' settlements.

Sounds like people care less about boarders and more about gaming the corruption.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »
People are trying to keep the highest producing settlements and lowering corruption by getting rid of the ones that do not produce as much.  That tells me that scrublands (or what ever does not produce as much) need a buff of some kind to make people think twice.

Maybe a defensive bonus, stronger region familiarity, or maybe a lower corruption for the 'bad' settlements.

Sounds like people care less about boarders and more about gaming the corruption.

Yet that is exactly the sort of decisions corruption was designed to generate.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »

No, that tells you that some regions are more valuable then others, and that's good. It means people ARE willing to give regions away.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »
I'm working on the ability to give a settlement away together with a knight offer. But remote offers will take longer.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 04:04:20 AM »
Thank you for both, Tom. Will make things MUCH more interesting!
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning