Author Topic: Militia 50% bug fix screwing up estates  (Read 566 times)

Lexi

• View Profile
Militia 50% bug fix screwing up estates
« on: December 02, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »
Why oh way is it that changes like this are always implemented in really clumsy ways that have a bad impact on peoples' game? I'm now fire fighting to stop places going into mass starvation and abandoning all the infrastructure. These were places that were fine and balanced with no problems before this debacle. If this was due to a bug that unintentionally counted a militia as 50% of a peasant, why wasn't the bug fix phased in instead of being dumped on people like this? It's unacceptable. This could have been fixed by gradually reducing that 50% bug so that it allowed estates to gently readjust or gave people a longer time to manually make changes to rebalance them.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Militia 50% bug fix screwing up estates
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:51 PM »
Because it doesn't matter how I do it, people will complain. If I phase it in gradually, people will complain that they need to visit all their 50 estates several times to set things up again.

Sorry if it sucks for you, but maybe you can give details on the affected estates? What is your ratio of militia to peasants, for example? Because I run about 50 estates of all sizes with various amounts of militia, and none have suffered anything serious. That's why I didn't think this would affect people so badly, because I tested it where I can see the results.

Lann

• View Profile
Re: Militia 50% bug fix screwing up estates
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
That's kind of the disadvantage of playing a game that's a work in progress.  There are going to be updates that screw you over.  Ain't no way around it.  You just have to accept it.  Tom can't cushion every blow from the release and revisement of content.