Author Topic: Disembarking  (Read 431 times)

Charles

• View Profile
Disembarking
« on: November 27, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
For some reason (possibly due to my inexperience) I can't disembark.  I am on the coast but there is no option in my actions.

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disembarking
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:26:22 PM »
When you're at sea, set your travel to somewhere on the land and click to set the route. You should see the travel line on the map turn red at the point where it leaves the sea and hits the land. There will also be a red dot on the coastline at the point where the sea ends and the land starts. When you hit that point, the character will automatically disembark and you'll see a ship at that point. When you want to return home, return to the ship and you'll get the option to embark in the Actions menu. When trying to re-embark on a ship, zoom the map in to the highest magnification and set your final travel marker as close to the ship as you possibly can - the game's detection point for where you can re-embark on a ship is very narrow and you probably won't hit it unless you zoom right in to set the travel marker.

There's also a bug that's been in the game for a long time where occasionally a ship transitioning from sea to land won't stop at the shore line, but will continue moving on the land. There's nothing you can do about that, but you will disembark at some point along the sea-to-land route you've set once the travel line is over land.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.