Author Topic: Rathgar  (Read 4939 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Rathgar
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
Make it so realm rulers can "tag" the estates being contested in the conflict for members of their realm to see, perhaps?

You can use markers for that now.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »
Allow the map of the realm (in the realm page) to include claims, which are selected by the rulers, such in this EU2 Sweden diplomatic map:
http://www.shinyloot.com/games/238-europa-universalis-ii/ScreenSave0.jpg
Show them as the occupied territories are shown (with stripes in the realm's color):
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JJjvBAy7N4M/maxresdefault.jpg

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 09:02:27 PM »
But we don't have the same concept of realm-claims. We have personal claims.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 12:26:55 AM »
But we don't have the same concept of realm-claims. We have personal claims.

It is precisely because we do not that I suggest we add them. Make them cost heralds, if you'd like, or something else, but allow the rulers to show on the map of their realms what regions they claim. That should allow for more conflict and interaction.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 01:40:03 AM »
Rathgar is on the verge of starting a third phase.
After the splitting of the North, the older clans (basically Stonedlands and Valinor as we are all that is left) are going to take a much more active role in the protection of the newer ones from external forces, and in supplying troops to the undefended regions.

with luck this will enable the younger clans to play a much more "aggressive" game feeling safer in expending troops in raiding should they decide to, or in internal skirmishes between the Rathgari clans.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
This is partially in response to the aggressive behavior of the Lowlands (which I like).  While I like aggressive nobles (and players) who show ambition, and I like seeing young nobles taking blighted lands... We have witnessed on two occasions where as soon as a liege blights, the Lowlands nobles are all over them making it hard for the vassals of that liege to respond in time before the lands are taken.

So, we will make the vassals stronger.  React more aggressively ourselves.  And... Not care if another realm gets there first.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 06:30:34 PM »
Which were those two occasions?

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:05 PM »
House Pike and Tor Sakkan were the two Rathgar realms that the rulers blighted, settlements were not set to go to anyone outside their own characters.  Part of Tor Sakkan was broken into Black Road by a character that the new ruler of Tor Sakkan is at odds with (he is no where to be found and set all settlements as feeders to somewhere else).

The House pike issue has a nice twist to it also.  One character joined its brother in defending his lowlands holding even though the liege of that character is a vassal of Richard Van Valen (who I was using to set them up with the old North Spear settlements between Lowland and Stonedlands) which has put them on a watch list and lost the entire family its permissions until sorted out.

Point being, don't take offense about it being Lowland involved.  It is all good game stuff, but they should expect that sort of action to have a reaction.  In this case it showed the leaders of Rathgar that it can not be what it once was exactly and needs to change some.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 05:50:40 AM »
House Pike and Tor Sakkan were the two Rathgar realms that the rulers blighted, settlements were not set to go to anyone outside their own characters.  Part of Tor Sakkan was broken into Black Road by a character that the new ruler of Tor Sakkan is at odds with (he is no where to be found and set all settlements as feeders to somewhere else).

Black Road is not part of the Lowlands.

Point being, don't take offense about it being Lowland involved.

No offense here, just trying to understand.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
There will also be the loss of Clan skies territory, which was taken over by lowlands within days/a week of the owner entering slumber.

And of course, i need to start dispersing my army without starting a full scale war somewhere lol.
I was going to send a bunch of troops out on a war, but i'm going away over new years, so wont have time to fight that directly myself hehe.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
Small war starting now against Tor Fullakin, should be a nice little distraction. been relatively quiet in the north for a while now.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 07:38:56 PM »
The wife of Emperor/Gothi Ethan Van Valen has fallen... May the Gods great the mighty Dragon Mae Van Valen and seat her at the warriors table.

Ethan met his bride in the South where they endured great hardships during the courting and early years of marriage.  When Mae was captured during the Imperial rebellion, Ethan returned to Rathgar to claim his title as Emperor and gain control of the armies of his family.

When she was freed they returned to Rathgar to rule and live a happy life.

For her to pass so soon after all was settled will surely have a bad effect on the Emperor...  His enemies beware.

Weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 11:39:04 PM »
My heart is broken. Poor Ethan :( I feel so sorry for the guy.

It finally looked like he caught a break when he met Mae, then she dies in battle. The Gods must hate his guts.

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
He has a really cool story though.  I need to write it down :( so many of the stories I have are going to be lost if I don't make the time for it.

Born into a life of priestly prostitution and drugs in service to his Goddess and his Mother.  Father who despises him for no other reason than his mother took him to serve Oho instead of letting him stay and rule as Prince.  Father dies being a dumbass raiding, mother dies in battle against a bandit days after reuniting Rathgar.  Finds a friend in Weaver then Mae, only to have her taken hostage and forcing him to toss away everything he knows to chase a life he worked hard to avoid...

Victory at last, happy times to come... and boom, the woman he sacrificed everything for is taken from him.

To be honest, I am worried about the poor guy.  He may go bat shit crazy!  At this point I do not know what he will do... maybe he will turn all of the Lowlands into a puddle of blood in his rage, maybe he will become reclusive and dark, maybe he will try to resurrect Mae into Dragur?

Richard and his son Rich had success with Dragur but they all ended up being evil creatures.  Ethan attempted it one time and ended up with a beautiful 'good' Dragur who was lost somehow during the EI rebellion.  If he tries again with this dark cloud over him he could end up with a revived Mae who is infested with evil.

Very interesting stuff... and I am curious how it will turn out.