Author Topic: The Founding of The Dwarven Kingdom: Children of Armok  (Read 6520 times)

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: The Founding of Three Northwestern Kingdoms
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 07:28:43 AM »
Look man, I take my gaming seriously, but I know when to yield. Yes, I calculate all construction population contributions to the 5th decimal place in determining percentage. Yes, I use a ruler at max-zoom to determine the optimal positioning of every single signpost and calculate the viewing distance of every tower and try to make sure all my roads are as close to perfectly straight as possible. Yes, I like to announce my intentions OOC, to see if I can gain support or rivalry to make things more interesting. Yes, I take this game way too seriously and log in practically every 5 minutes so long as I am within arms reach of an internet-capable device.

Yes to all this. But I'm just here to have fun. As a writer, this is my therapy. Playing this game, making these plans, writing these stories, that makes me happy. I'm not the most stable or fortunate individual in real life and I'm sorry if my chosen methods piss some people off, but we're all entitled to our opinions and unique play-style. I for one hate any attempt at bringing mainstream religion into games, and get annoyed when people try to echo historical events instead of weave their own. Others will hate my crappy attempts at making unique characters that don't always make sense. I like to contradict myself and believe its a healthy aspect of any story or makebelieve culture / personality. Others prefer to be consistent. I can't fault anyone for that.

Some people want to make grand empires, claim a ton of land, and rule with an iron fist. Others just want to rule an estate or two, run some good RPs, and take things slow. Maybe its who they are. Maybe they play other games they need to dedicate more time to, or haven't yet reached a point where M&F is worthy of their undying devotion. It'll come, or it won't. It is what it is.

All that matters is that we all have fun and remember rule #1: Its just a game, folks.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 07:33:25 AM »
good to see new lands and new realm + new players.
I was toying with the idea of creating a character out in the west, but decided not to as don't want any more corruption, 12% is more than enough.
It's either that or abandon a chunk of my southern lands.

You could always make one and just not hold land at first, until you manage the corruption issue. :) I'd be happy to have you! The whole Children of Armok schtick is just a launching point to rally my Bay12er friends to a certain location, by the way. Its not a strictly Bay12 realm nor do any of us want it to be. Its just a cultural theme, like the Roman theme of some realms, or the French theme of others. The mystical empire theme of Erstes. The religious theme of the Trinitary State. The mercenary theme of the Golden Hand. The tribal theme of Arrakesh. The republic theme of Doarhus. And so forth. We will evolve beyond it, and this will be made easier with more non-B12 players in the mix. :) We welcome all!

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 09:11:14 AM »
It's much more than a game. It's the embodiment of my passion, and if I can infect other people with a similar passion about the game, then I am very happy.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 09:40:42 AM »
It's much more than a game. It's the embodiment of my passion, and if I can infect other people with a similar passion about the game, then I am very happy.

Likewise, Tom. You've created an evolving masterpiece that grows mightier with each suggestion, every improvement, and the vitality of the player community. Thanks again for people one of those few, special devs who actually give the slightest shit about what their players think. That goes a LONG way in a game like this.

Obviously we all have our idealistic concepts and opinions on how things "Should be run," but when we finally forsake elitism and favoritism and realize everyone's just trying to escape from the stress of their reality, we come together as a chaotic family to weave countless tales of glory, conquest, faith, reason, and boundless stupidity in the name of entertainment.

Beside my my son, my ex-wife, and "where the fuck are my pants," Might&Fealty is what I think of every morning upon waking, and its complex stories and insane characters are what I dream of many nights.

I love this game.

Ehndras

• View Profile
Re: The Founding of The Dwarven Kingdom: Children of Armok
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 10:02:53 AM »
Three kingdoms concept scrapped and the OP re-written to reflect the current reality. Enjoy. :)

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 02:14:19 PM »
We originally planned to take only the rim of the lake and the coast around its curve, but all the Rathgardians in the area prompted us to freak out and start taking everything in the area to prevent them from doing so.

Just so you know, "Rathgar" is not taking over any land. Small clans are: Tor Dun, Den evige, what is left of Tor Zarathi, the newly-formed Tor Kortaur, whatever Gregory Graves decides to form, and other landless nobles wishing to form their own clans. All of the aforementioned clans are of the Lowlands, so they are all independent from each other.

My recommendation is that you do not start taking everything to prevent them from doing so. That will only accomplish two things: it will deprive some of the new unlanded players and clans from a share of land, and it will consequently trigger armed invasions from larger clans, which you are not ready to withstand.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 09:03:22 AM »
Kortaur are friendly. We're giving most of the land east of the river to them. West and north of the river, where we are establishing our actual heartland, is being raped. In literally a day or two theyve taken most of our good settlements. :| Now they send me messages saying theyve claimed EVERYTHING west of the lake. Fuck that! I'm not letting that happen.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
I only use the sovereign realm view. I see RATHGAR. The particular Tors is only a matter of diplomacy, though Graves and the Tartarus guys have been a bag of dicks thus far. Theyre not even replying to my messages or RPs, or anyones for the matter. Just attacking and taking everything.

I'm going to have to start starving regions on purpose and syphoning food to the western coast and start a capitol, mass-recruit high-powered troops, and strike back, while depriving everyone of fun. Bah. Its way too early for people to be fighting like this.

The Children planned to split into small independent realms but the rathgar rapeage has forced us to become a blob. Not like its helping, really. Just for communication purposes, honestly.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »
I guess my "Dont attack anyone, be friendly! make allies!"  tactic must go out the window for the time being.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
Use the County-level filter in order to differentiate the western-Rathgar realms.

You have named three clans, and there are five in your immediate proximities and many, many more not that far away elsewhere.Tor Korthaur and Tor Graves are also extremely young, so hard to use as a representation for the whole of Rathgar.

From what I estimate none of them has 50 troops on them (counting both normal soldiers and rabble), and no clan is backing them unconditionally (unlike Tartarus) so how are they being such a nuisance to you?

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »
Oh, they do. Me and another Child of Armok just got raped by over 50 troops, a mix of medium/heavy infantry and cavalry, plus some archers. Folks are coming over by ship. :) And I witnessed one silly obvious troop-transfer-followed-by-immediately-killing-the-character.

Bah. Why did I have to limit myself to only Child-borne troops. I have all these armies I could bring over... Well, time to RP an excuse for someone to wander through the area I guess. I shouldn't have left Lysandra Gault-Moore's troops behind. Damn.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »
Oh, they do. Me and another Child of Armok just got raped by over 50 troops, a mix of medium/heavy infantry and cavalry, plus some archers. Folks are coming over by ship. :) And I witnessed one silly obvious troop-transfer-followed-by-immediately-killing-the-character.

I meant other than the Tartarus colony.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »
Ah, of course.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 06:23:53 PM »
Could this be moved to the Realms section?

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 06:27:24 PM »
Good point.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)