Author Topic: The Founding of The Dwarven Kingdom: Children of Armok  (Read 6519 times)

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
Re: The Founding of Three Northwestern Kingdoms
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 12:50:37 PM »
At the moment, I seem to be spearheading the Sons of Armok advance with Peran Thelassan's Spearbreakers (such as they are at the moment). I'm thinking of writing up a reasonably extensive law code - which I'm not sure if a Realms thread should be created for.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »
Go for it.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
I'll probably wait until Ehndras actually creates the realm, don't want to jump the gun on it. :P

If we actually use the code as written and determined by the source material, the realm is going to be an interesting one to be in.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 12:48:30 AM »
Seems somebody took the main settlement I wanted in the south :| Damn it! I'll just take the ones next to it. :P
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 05:49:12 AM »
playing Urist, First Son of Armok   [/size]inside KaikilarTake ControlYou are now in the process of taking control of this settlement. The process will take an estimated 14 hours (real time), though this estimate will change with the support or opposition of other nobles.

It has begun! A number of other allied estates will pop-up as red in the next few hours. We're claiming the region north and east of the big lake. :)

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:59 PM »
good to see new lands and new realm + new players.
I was toying with the idea of creating a character out in the west, but decided not to as don't want any more corruption, 12% is more than enough.
It's either that or abandon a chunk of my southern lands.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
Delegate, my friend. Get some vassals. Hell, I'd get a character in the stonedlands myself if I knew there were fealty offers available, and the many, many players coming into the game may join as well.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
Delegate, my friend. Get some vassals.

This, one hundred times.

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »
Seems somebody took the main settlement I wanted in the south :| Damn it! I'll just take the ones next to it. :P

A life-long rivalry and enmity is thus born.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 06:00:42 AM »
Indeed. The children of Senator Silvanus Winterwulf and Lady Septima Luciana Thorbrandr shall not forget!

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 06:22:14 AM »
So you are basically starting a rivalry because your plan did not work out?

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
...That's kind of the point of the game, isn't it? Have the child of your executed/betrayed noble vie for revenge. Establish claims on lands your people wanted, and try to negotiate, or fight for them. Or relinquish them in some grand RP event or show of friendship. Create IC conflict through whatever means necessary so that you can use those plot points to further expand on the story of all players involved. We're in a roleplay game, my friend. The point is to roleplay.

Also, thanks for the negative karma. As my mother told me when I asked if she regrets certain parts of her life,

"Remember me for the good I have done, and for the sins I've committed, so long as you still remember."

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 06:57:42 AM »
Status update:

So a significant swath of the northwest around the lack is being claimed by our people. We originally planned to take only the rim of the lake and the coast around its curve, but all the Rathgardians in the area prompted us to freak out and start taking everything in the area to prevent them from doing so.

I never intended us to take this much land, but I guess it was inevitable. More folks continue to take fealty offers and join as independents every day, and I look forward to what will come.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 07:03:51 AM »
...That's kind of the point of the game, isn't it? Have the child of your executed/betrayed noble vie for revenge. Establish claims on lands your people wanted, and try to negotiate, or fight for them. Or relinquish them in some grand RP event or show of friendship. Create IC conflict through whatever means necessary so that you can use those plot points to further expand on the story of all players involved. We're in a roleplay game, my friend. The point is to roleplay.

Also, thanks for the negative karma. As my mother told me when I asked if she regrets certain parts of her life,

"Remember me for the good I have done, and for the sins I've committed, so long as you still remember."

Claiming something in forums and having plans for something does not make it yours nor does it make your plans more important than other people's plans. In my opinion, starting a rivalry because our OOC plan failed is kinda dumb.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »
The twin children of Septima and Silvanus declared to their kin the intent to claim the very two particular regions Magvel first claimed, which I was honest enough to post on the forum just for the heads-up. They've RP'd with folks along the way, and I've even RP'd the daughter understands and wants to move on, but the son holds grudges and wants to fight for the land he marched halfway across the continent to claim. Its not an OOC ambition, its an IC ambition I decided to share OOC so that my fellow players are aware. I did not expect this to stop others from taking it. Quite the contrary. I hoped to spark a discussion, perhaps the organization of multiple opposing claims, so that our characters can have a fun time duking it out over who rightfully rules what. Hell, I was going to have the daughter join Magvel before I decided to leave it as-is, though I still have ambitions of the daughter leaving her brother and joining them, sparking a bitterness between the two.

Just because something is said OOC doesn't mean it is strictly an OOC occurrence, though I can reasonably understand why you may think so. I apologize as I've been severely lacking in sleep for the last week and understand I've been quite scatterbrained.