Author Topic: Idea: CK2: M&F Total Conversion Mod  (Read 2787 times)

FARevolution

• View Profile
Re: Idea: CK2: M&F Total Conversion Mod
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 12:19:26 AM »
Most of this stuff I discussed with Andrew, most I can do, some are doable some are not.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
Bookmarks, off the top of my head: Game Start, Seige of Lakehold, Fading Isles Rebellion, Shattering of Rathgar, Ascalon/Stoned Lands War, Third Emperor of the Imperium, Rebellion in Ariamis, Fourth Empreror of the Imperium, Imperium/Eldamar War, Ascalon/Imperium War, Empire of Hawks, Hawks/GF War

And for those curious, I've got some free time coming up that I can dedicate to working on the map. As to why I've not started already, full time job + 24/7 on-call.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

LGMAlpha

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »
I think this would be really interesting. Balancing it all will be tricky, but beyond that I think it would be an extremely fun CKII mod.

Daleborn

• All the Dales!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
Never played CKII but want to get it, I definitely would get it for the mod.
Born of the Dales, 'nuff said.
My fanfic: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11968618/1/

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
Always wanted CKII, and I get a brand new gaming desktop next month, hopefully with a steam gift card or whatnot. This would be absolutely beautiful for me.

I can provide a complete history for RASTOA since I made pretty much the lot. The RASTOAN civil war was the most recent event, and I'm cooking some stuff up in the West...
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 05:42:17 AM »
So, I moved this here because it fit better here than elsewhere, and I'm certainly for helping with this, but the maps that Tom provided previously appear to no longer be functional and I don't appear to have saved them anywhere.

That said, the biggest portion of such a mod is going to be setting up the region ids, the connections, and the types, making the map not look horrible, and making sure the regions match the start times in the mod. Once that is all done, you can create the traits that will exist (presumably the ones the game uses) and create events in the game to reflect those that happened in the game itself.

The only downside, is that unless someone is here to tell us about an event, there's nothing to go off but the game's history logs.

The format that the CK2 events use is, itself, pretty straight forward, and even not knowing how to mod, a template could be used that would let basically anyone contribute.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2016, 02:18:47 PM »
I assume this is dead? Was really looking forward to this.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 03:41:07 PM »
Unfortunately, yes. For now, anyways.

Getting the base information for the map won't be hard after the server move. I just have to figure out how to do it myself. From there, I can post that here, and provide any other relevant information. The game itself already tracks everything as numeric ID values: settlements, realms, characters; and they're all unique. So really you just have to get the map to something that can work with CK2, then port the info over, and you'd have an alpha version of the mod that you could play with and test things out in.

I'd, personally, love to really dive into it, but I'm not sure I can both develop this game and work on the mod, if I want to retain any of sanity or will to work on either. But, if you need somewhere to coordinate the mod, or host files or anything, I can certainly provide. Hell, after the next move, I could even provide a lot of the information needed for this (as the database stores all the history of the game).

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2016, 01:43:09 AM »
I'll happily look into how the mod-work functions if you can provide the data. :)
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning