Author Topic: I'm Bored: 2000 credits to whomever can . . .  (Read 2448 times)

FARevolution

• View Profile
Re: I'm Bored: 2000 credits to whomever can . . .
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
Please do this! Make them also assignable.

Btw this means I get credits or no? :P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:46:10 PM by FARevolution »

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »
I would really like 'relatively cheap' items that you can buy at settlements that offer them for flavour. Things like customising your outfit in battle or in the court that only add RP flavour, and are purchased with gold. Most of these items would be highly decorated ones etc of course.
For example;
Buying an Ascalonian style plate armour in Arescod for 300-400 gold to show off with in your own court or in battle without giving actual combat bonuses would be cool. Equally interesting would be for a Northern warlord to buy an axe with the runes of the bear engraved in the side of the head from a small weaponsmith for roughly 150-200 gold. Another noble might want to show off his brass-covered, etched mace he bought at a weaponsmith for 250 gold.

Also, very relevant for reasons;
Pound Sterling ()= 3 gold nobles = 18 shillings + 24 pence = 20 shillings = 240 pence
Golden Noble = 6 Shillings (s)+ 8 Pence (p)
Shilling = 12 pence

Mail                            100s        12 cen(??   [7]     30
Ready-made Milanese armor       8 6s 8d    1441        [4]     112 Squire's armor                  5-6 16s 8d "           "       " Armor for Prince of Wales,
 "gilt and graven"             340        1614        [5]     20
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 07:48:19 AM »
God I would love that. So many more people would stick to the game if it had stupid little silly customization options like that. Its those things that make people go googly-eyed - I know it does that for me. I literally play most videogames because I'm a hoarder and like to collect items :P
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2015, 09:34:09 PM »
Allow for a more efficient BM-style trading system. Use fairgrounds as a way to allow Lord to set uo sell or buy offers and use the lendan towers to determine the length of an offer. Also give meaning to a merchant so that once someone fills the offer the route is automatically established and the merchant lost in the process.

I find the entire trading system too tedious and annoying. I am a bit too late with this idea to win meh some credits, but I just wanted to share what I think to be a good idea that will reduce the amount of work that needs to be done when trading. Old style trading can of course remain. For the fun of it, add some maintenance penalty for such trades.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
My idea is about enhancing province features. It consists of two parts.

Firstly, we already have POI which sorta add flavour to the game. I suggest to dwell on this feature. Divide the Corelands by POI and assign a common feature to every settlement in a POI.
E.G. all ships hired on Kvernes Isle sail 10% faster. All units recruited in the Lowalnds train faster with horses and move faster when wearing light/medium armour. Units of Coi Woods are better archers, Lonely Mountains mine more metal and Baels Valley generate more wealth, etc. Of course more thought needs to be put into balancing.
This will give realms even more flavour rp-wise and playstyle-wise.

Secondly, I suggest a system of dynamic features to spice the foreign affairs a little bit.
E.G. all Lords in like 100 miles get a message "A wandering saint blessed the crops in Greemeadow, harvests are rumoured to have increased significantly" or "Miners in White Downs have struck gold. Wealth production doubled." Thus suddenly certain villages will become really valuable and neighbouring realms will have an incentive to start a small campaign which will be fun for everyone without spiraling into a big war.
Important thing here is to make this boons temporary so that these regions are worth to fight for, but the winner will not sit on his laurels and enjoy bonuses indefinitely. Another thing to consider is to only let these events happen in independent/slumbering regions.
I still think my idea was great. The world needs more flavour!

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »
Seconded.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
If that gets added I suggest that all troops from the Dark Forest should be 50% more effective at looting.