Author Topic: Archonian Dominate  (Read 964 times)

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
Archonian Dominate
« on: October 25, 2015, 10:49:04 PM »
Despite many bumps in the road this realm has finally been founded and follows on the course it has been agreed upon. Those of us who play in the south have agreed to try and capture the essence of a PvP game like this and try to build a realm that will generate more interaction between players and make those new ones that join us stick around. The goal was to create a critical mass of players that will allow for internal struggles and politicking, united under a somewhat loose ruler and loose general goals. The best part we tried to do about it was to do it entirely IC, without letting anyone know about anything. So the things in Malham Moor happened like they happened, and we lost Arrakesh in the process. Nevertheless, it was a good trip.

Archonian Alliance now stands and the first ruler is elected to get the things going. I am excited to see how things will fare and am interested about what others think about it. So I have created this topic where you're free to share everything besides IC knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 03:20:08 PM by Dorian »

Ratharing

• View Profile
Re: Archonian Alliance
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 11:05:40 PM »
The land is being divided in several small realms (between 6 and 10 settlements big), each of which will have a seat at the assembly of peers. If everything goes right, the king will be the first among equals, and his title will not be inheritable (all the sub-realm rulers would be candidates for inheritance, through election). This should leave things less predictable, and distribute power fairly between the sub-realms.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
Re: Archonian Dominate
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:52 AM »
Legatus & Censor Magnus Decimus Aurelius Gault here. Love what the Dominate is becoming! I think if we knew *THIS* is what the Dominate would become, maybe Arrakesh would've changed their minds. Then again, it would have just become another Erstes... On further thought, it's good we didn't join up. It'll make things more interesting.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:07:33 PM »
We tried to make things interesting for the Arrakesh, Doarhus and the Sarantian Empire. It's a shame the people of Arrakesh were so conservative. We could have even more bickering and conflict with the number of Archonates that Arrakesh would have provided. Instead, Arrakesh is sitting deep in silence.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »
Well I am glad the effort we put into trying to set up the Dominate is paying off. It is a success, I have to agree. We just need to ensure that things don't go stale which I am sure they won't for some of the most interesting things we wanted this realm to adopt haven't even been mentioned yet.

I am sad to see Arrakesh becoming a silent realm and it is a pity they decided to bail out. Dominate would be in warp drive now if they've stick around but that might even be detrimental to current immaturity of the realm. So, perhaps this turned out even better.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:11:30 PM by Dorian »

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
It may turn out much more interesting in the long-run this way. Who knows? A little room to grow is always nice.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »
Aurea / Tarzath / Gault families are reawakened. Financial situation is in the shit but I got subbed as repayment for a favor to a friend. [/size][/color]