Author Topic: The horror that is.....the Void  (Read 8768 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: The horror that is.....the Void
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:24 AM »

Ahh true, if they can access an Inn then they get around the issue of troops desertion.

Bandits should not be able to enter the inn. Please check again.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 07:20:54 AM »
I have mercenaries on my bandit. I bought them in one of the Grand Fate islands and sailed then marched into the heart of Erstes.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 07:22:23 AM »
So bandits aren't supposed to be able to recruit mercenaries? Wow that would severely limit their ability to bypass the troop desertion mechanics. Also sucks since it means my westward bandit is screwed, but ah well. Much better for the game if they can't get mercs, anyway.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 10:44:07 AM »
It's possible I fixed this recently, so someone please test it to check if it works.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
Alright, so what ideas do we have to revitalize the Void?

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
Keep core areas where other realms will RP them and don't worry too much about the rest. Expand into blighted areas, but don't expect to hold them forever unless you can establish an RP "Treaty" with them. I think people are focusing too much on lost periphery land. Who cares? The infection ebbs and flows.

Also I think it would be cool for some infected with large but ineffective armies of naked ax "zombies" starting introducing their neighbors to the Void. :)

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
I've requested that Ascalon allow Pestilence to pass through the realm unattacked so she can start a small void enclave in the scrublands of the far western continent. Make the western expansion a bit more dangerous and fun in the process, plus have a backup for when crusades eventually occur. If the Void ever stopped being curbstomped and we really gain some land, I'd like the Black Order to bring many realms together for the Great Black Crusade against the Void. And the Void will fight back, mass-attacking the many realms.

I've also sent Reaver Blackmoore south, and he's about to arrive in Arrakesh to spread some chaos!

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »

I've requested that Ascalon allow Pestilence to pass through the realm unattacked so she can start a small void enclave in the scrublands of the far western continent. Make the western expansion a bit more dangerous and fun in the process, plus have a backup for when crusades eventually occur.

Please don't do that, not all of us want to be involved with your Void stuff.

netforce10

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 09:22:57 PM »

Please don't do that, not all of us want to be involved with your Void stuff.

I do second that but with respect to the Arrakesh part, I really don't want to be involved with the void beyond hearing and talking.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »
Then what's the point of all the Empress lore then? You do know the Empress is a vital part of the Void, right? As is her daughter?

Anyway, Reaver has barely any troops and will get annihilated quite rapidly.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 05:43:00 AM »
If you don't buy in to the infection RP, just treat them like any other realm. No one is forcing anyone to get involved. The whole Void  schtick was always going to be passive, and opt in. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, and how it ran away a little.

netforce10

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 09:06:45 AM »
Well yeah the Empress might be an integral part of the void but last I recall we basically disowned her and it is not something really participated in beyond talking so that is fine also if you want to abduct her or something of the like then that is fine but I was more against you setting up a voidrealm in Arrekesh.

Also sure, if I am allowed to deal with it as any other realm than sure I don't mind it but don't expect me not to then.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM »
It doesn't matter since we can't get reliable vassals and I can't afford the time or effort to spawn myself. Good game while it lasted.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »
In the southeast the Archonian Dominate was built on the need to unite before the coming darkness of the Void. The Void is very much appreciated there and is considered real. So, no need to give up on the idea. Merely play there where it is appreciated.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »
You tried a good thing. One of the reasons I see for it being not as successful as it could have been is that you went too far out of the setting into the fantasy realm.

What if we tried the same thing with less magic and fantasy and more politics? Instead of an infection or demonic posession, maybe revive the void as a religion or cult? Instead of infecting people, convert them. Maybe let the original void disappear, and leave such a cult behind, those who worship the void, and wait for its return.

I think a dark religion that doesn't require people to turn their characters into zombies would be more successful. Or maybe not, it's impossible to tell. But it would be better supported by game mechanics.