Author Topic: Battles from the Ryne and Sarantian War  (Read 1027 times)

marthonman

• View Profile
Battles from the Ryne and Sarantian War
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:49:36 AM »
The Battle of Torsaholo Part 1 written by Marthus Darion

We had situated our command post on a ridge overlooking the very small village of Torsaholo which lied in a valley between the mountains. The First Major battle between Empire forces and Tetsuyama was preparing to begin. Mach, Adras , and I had amassed a force 360 men mostly medium infantry with heavy infantry and archers supporting. We had stretched our line across the valley just ahead of the village. The Saratian had entered the valley from the other end with 200 men, but reports say another 100 are on also on the way. They have begun stretching their line out to meet us. Soon they will clash steel to steel, man to man. My men will be ready to cut them down, ready to reap revenge against the men who had taken their hometown. The enemy forces here just come from being victorious at Monomi. As I ride down to encourage the men I yell "Let them be turned away here, Let them Know what it means to fight the men of Tetsuyama, Let them step no further into our land, Let them run home to their mothers, let them beg for mercy as we march to victory". With that he turns followed by his brothers in arms strait towards the enemy we are followed by the thunderous roar of the cavalry as we crash into the enemy ranks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 03:53:51 AM by marthonman »

marthonman

• View Profile
Re: Battles from the Ryne and Sarantian War
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:51:39 AM »
The Battle of Torsaholo Part 2

As we slammed into the enemy, the enemy quickly turned to retreat. We followed closely to ride the cowards down, but soon relieved the right and left flanks were advancing to encircle us. One thought ran in my mind "It's a trap". A hail of arrows rained apon us as their men surrounded us. I wheeled around to charge back to our own lines, cutting any man who stood our way. Poor Mach Kushey was separated from the rest of the unit. Surrounded on all sides with no help in sight, Mach Kushey surrendered to the Sarantian men.With only a few men left and Mach's sons we returned to our lines and contained the fight. Our forces gave the sarantian men hell falling a man for everyone of our own who fell. Among the fray I heard a Sarantian war horn. The empire's reinforcements had arrived, but it wasn't just 100 men, it was twice that a surviving scout later told me it was around 250 more men arrived to reinforce the battle on the Sarantian side, but I didn't have much time to think about it. Just as i heard the horn's blast, My horse was thrust upon and swung up to eventually collapse upon me, crippling my leg. With their leaders gone the men routed. I would have been left for dead had it not been to the heroic actions of Adras who cam to my rescue freeing me from my now dead horse. I write this on our retreat. a thin column heading north towards Eastwood, where my sons Andew and Xavier have assembled. I hope they can succeed where I faile

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:17 AM »
The Assault on Janongen written by Xavier Darion

I will attempt to recount the past few days and the events that lead me to being inside this dungeon. I'll start at the beginning a weeks ago. I was leading the men of Tetsuyama had just arrived a few kilometers from Janongen we had set up camp, and men were quickly preparing siege equipment. 1 battering ram and dozens of ladders to scale the walls. the thick wood surrounding the city made procuring the wood necessary for their construction easy. 1100 men had come including the nobles Liageraffe Mountainstone Kushay, Adras Kushay, Khari Kye, Malik Half-hand, Duro Dotam Novia Daliat, and my brother Prince Andew. A mercenary named Dan had also been employed to fight with us. As soon as the last nobles had arrived we waited for the next dawn to begin the assault. The walled town of Janongen was laid before us, the old Capital of Tetsuyama. My brother was eager to attack, and take it back from the traitorous Hurumune Naginata. The castle Town had 400 militia and Harumune lead another 150 men. A force of 550 mortal to defend its walls. The town would be a hard nut to crack but I trusted our men were up to the task. During the quiet of the morning, while fog still hugged the ground, I raised my sword to show the standard bearers to signal the attack and slowly down the entire line, the army marched forward emerging from the forest treeline. We marched along with each noble leading their section of troops at first at a walk, then a swift jog, and as arrows began to fly we were at a full sprint. Our men crashed into the wall like a wave hits a shore cliff. The ladders climbed into the air and against the walls. Men begin to scale the walls. The fight continues, our mortals begin to take control of the walls. but the castle remained. Atop the battlement I survey the battle. A chill climbs up my back as I turn away from the city towards the countryside. Coming from all sides, Mortals from the Sarantian Empire had appeared from the forest. Later I was told these reinforcements numbered 1200. Most of our troops remained outside the city and now they were surrounded on three sides with their backs to the stone walls of Janongen. They didn't charge in immediately . Archers racked them from all sides including sections of the wall that had been not taken yet. These men were massacred and as the infantry charged into their lines in response they were cut down slowly hemmed in against the wall. My brother Andew was down their. If not for Malik holding me back, I would have been down there with him and shared his fate. He along a number of other nobles were kcut down. With the prince slain, surrounded on all side by such a superior force mortals everywhere began to rout. Pressured by my Senior officers and other nobles, I along with my men surrendered. Our entire force 1100 strong now laid low.These are the fates of the participating nobles
  • Duro Dotam was killed by a mortal.
  • Andew Darion was killed by a mortal.
  • Novia Daliat was killed by a mortal.
  • I, Xavier Darion was captured
  • Khari Kye was captured
  • Dan, The Mercenary was captured
  • Liageraffe Mountainstone Kushay was captured
  • Malik Half-hand was captured
  • Adras Kushay was captured, already grieving the death of his father Adras committed seppuku to avoid disgrace and join his family in death.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 09:22:45 AM »
Thanks for that wonderful battle report. I've taken the liberty of posting it on the Facebook site as well. I hope you don't mind.

marthonman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
thats fine. Just reread it and it could have been revised a little, but hey not the most stable man wrote it so i guess it fine like it is.