Author Topic: Torture  (Read 1895 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torture
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
We can always add negative, non-inheritable character traits. But for the moment, you can simply put it into your description and roleplay it.

The no-children thing is simple as well, just don't accept relationships that include sex.

Indeed, my main character has long hinted that he lacks certain equipment required for the production of the next generation. Up to those that interact with him to decide if that is true, or if he just wanted to avoid tying the realm into diplomatic marriages.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:14 AM »
I absolutely second non-inheritable, optional traits. I'd happily come up with a list of potential traits.

Perhaps a merciful torture option would cause minor wounds and maybe run a random generator that pumps out some one-sentence event describing their beating. Cruel torture could leave to more severe wounds, death, and perhaps a very tiny - so as to not be unfair - chance to remove a character's ability to have children, or very slightly slow their travel speed, or other such traits. This would lead to incredible roleplay opportunities. I for one would move heaven and hell to take revenge upon the bastard who makes Maximilian Vvaros Aurea a castrated cripple.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
TOM, WE NEED TORTURE!

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 10:38:18 PM »
I don't think it works as I intended in BM, so I am more than reluctant.

WVH

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »
Because it is more of a free form RPG with a lot of things, maybe a toggle could work?

You can toggle if you would allow your characters to duel and toggle if you allow them to be tortured.  Then the people who feel like their characters are a sand castle and cry when stomped on can relax...and those who are all about having a great story with random effects out of their control can see really cool things develop.

Right now I am thinking about how awesome it would be to have a typical dungeon master guiding things... roll of the dice for chance.  But that is not this game, so I have started leaving plot hooks in my own characters RP and then seeing if anyone wants to play along.

Some sort of features in the game that could help players with this sort of thing may go over well.  I saw someone mention dice.  I remember that some chat rooms have a dice roll built in...but I am ignorant at how to do things like that or how hard they are.  Heck the toggle idea may be impractical to put in for all I know.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
Good idea. Making it optional leaves a great level of immersion and opportunity for those willing to play along.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »
Torture is the spice of feudal life, bring it on !

Daleborn

• All the Dales!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
This sounds awesome. But there is a hitch. In An Ancient Geas it says that the surrender ritual forces guarantees that the captor must allow the captive to write messages, have food, water and basic human rights.

But commoners however.... *evil laugh*
Born of the Dales, 'nuff said.
My fanfic: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11968618/1/