Author Topic: Aggression without Interaction  (Read 2471 times)

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
  • "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
Re: Aggression without Interaction
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 03:23:54 AM »
Well it doesn't help trying to negotiate playing as a character in a realm recognised as a realm of bandits, murderers and rapists in Ascalon.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 03:37:52 AM »
I never set up the void as a cult of bandits, murderers and rapists. If that happened it was after I left. Besides there should be no real association between the void and this character except where she woke up from blight.

Roran Hawkins

• The Lost
  • "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 03:40:48 AM »
If that happened it was after I left.

Exactly. Complaining about a lack of communication in hostilities when you assume the legacy of the realm you're reviving is the same as when you left it ages ago is rather useless.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 03:48:59 AM »
What revival? Independent lord taking over slumbering settlements still deserve communication. Particularly since I opened with conversation. We are talking now, in any case.

Weaver

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
If you mean the VoidMother character, there is plenty of association there. You don't just 'wake up' and are no longer 'The Unnatural Creature' cause you decided so. In the end I had extremely little to do with why you are getting attacked, not to mention probably your own bandit character helping you defend yourself, which is bullshit.

Lann

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »
Ally_Fontaine, as much as I sympathize, surely you understand that the Void has a very sordid past with EI, Ascalon, and all of its neighbors.  It started out like a disease that everyone was afraid of and quarantining borders against (because you wanted it that way).  Later you guys decided to drop that plot-point or maybe alter it so it was a cult, but even then, it was considered a threat that would take slumberblighted territory and convert a nation's nobles whenever it could.  And then you used a bandit to defend yourself which, from an in-character perspective, confirms you associate with criminals. 

So is it any wonder when you decided to start playing a Void character again and began gathering an army that Ascalon descended on you the way they did?  Hell... I play the Imperator of EI, and my character actually has a past dealing with the Void, at least from a behind-the-scenes political viewpoint.  If he heard one whisper that it was active, rallying, and running within 20 feet of EI territory again, the House of Order would be deployed within a moment's notice. 

I am glad at least you're getting some RP though.