Author Topic: Arrakesh  (Read 9386 times)

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
Re: Arrakesh
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 10:57:54 PM »
We've had exactly as long as the veil has been lifted. What we have managed in that short time is Impressive, but it's quite an invasion.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2015, 11:25:40 PM »

Arrakesh actually has an impressively sized capital. Not sure how much time they have had to build defenses, but then again one of the limitations placed upon the Hawks forces was no takeovers, so it is probably not all that relevant.

Which the Companions have promptly announced they will ignore.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 01:27:04 AM »
Which the Companions have promptly announced they will ignore.

Tends to happen when the other side want to refer to you as whores and exclaim how they are going to humiliate you.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 04:57:48 AM »
I beg your pardon! Ganthor didn't call anyone a whore. Mere brigands, yes. And the humiliation part. That was in there. But not whore! What kind of man do you think he is??

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 06:04:08 AM »
Against anyone else in the south we would do very well. There's only so much you can do against hundreds of heavies when you barely have mediums. I respect the amnesty against the capital and applaud no settlement capture... But if there's nothing you actually want, you're just destroying our armies for no good reason. At least steal some women or something.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:48 AM »
The problem with these openings of lands is that the lands take a long time to be able to "compete". So when it is colonized by new realms, they are very weak for a long time. You really need to get some diplomacy and support of large realms. If someone like Ascalon or Ryne would be your protector for a small tribute, and announce loudly that any attack on you would be answered by them, such pick-on-the-weak expeditions wouldn't happen.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 10:02:31 AM »
I'm not complaining, although some of my nobles seem to think it's hopeless. I personally love playing the underdog. Nothing quite like it! Makes you feel alive!

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
The problem with these openings of lands is that the lands take a long time to be able to "compete". So when it is colonized by new realms, they are very weak for a long time. You really need to get some diplomacy and support of large realms. If someone like Ascalon or Ryne would be your protector for a small tribute, and announce loudly that any attack on you would be answered by them, such pick-on-the-weak expeditions wouldn't happen.

That is actually part of what Hawks is offering, just in a rather direct way :) Nothing like proving the need for such a protector and then trying to fill the gap. The troops of Hawks are large, but most the players controlling them are ensuring that they are leaving themselves open to concentrated attacks from Arrakesh. We don't particular want to lose, but a story of the underdog bravely defending and holding out beyond all odds is much more exciting then getting steam-rolled.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:51:30 PM by De-Legro »

Vamking12

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2015, 07:16:38 PM »
Well honesty I feel Arrakesh doesn't need such protection from older lamer kingdoms, we'll win somehow.

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2015, 08:15:27 PM »
Well honesty I feel Arrakesh doesn't need such protection from older lamer  supercool kingdoms like Ascalon, we'll win somehow.
Fix'd it.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
Victory is the accomplishment of one's goals, not necessarily who gets to gloat after the most battles.

"Defeat is failure to achieve victory" - Sun Tzu

By this measure, Arrakesh will achieve victory!

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 09:34:27 PM »
Victory is the accomplishment of one's goals, not necessarily who gets to gloat after the most battles.

"Defeat is failure to achieve victory" - Sun Tzu

By this measure, Arrakesh will achieve victory!
Pffffs!

'Give me your women, they will make good whores' - Abel

'I will only rape her in days that end in y!' - Abel

Shall I go on?

WVH

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »
Apparently A certain Northern family (not realm) has a good sized army headed to that area and is looking to sell/trade for it.  Food and supply entourage and all.  There there is a crazy old one legged broker somewhere near Ones Landing and traveling North, who Deadking refused to give the time of day to.

Sure he is crazy and looks a bit worse for the wear but he does not smell too bad.

(Really I only mention it here because of the discussion of new realm protection and because I do not think Deadking (player) caught on to the true depth of the political realization of what it means to have a Northern realm selling their army instead of having its warriors culled in the yearly raids.  Must have been a tough year up there.)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »
Against anyone else in the south we would do very well. There's only so much you can do against hundreds of heavies when you barely have mediums. I respect the amnesty against the capital and applaud no settlement capture... But if there's nothing you actually want, you're just destroying our armies for no good reason. At least steal some women or something.

As I understand it, the only large battles have been initiated by Arrakesh. We wanted NOTHING from you guys, you got yourselves involved in this.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:35 AM »
Because allies! Get off my lawn!