Author Topic: Arrakesh  (Read 9386 times)

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
Re: Arrakesh
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
Yeah... what's the big idea, Hawks??

100 heavy infantry is only like 10x what we can handle. Hope you dont intend on staying!

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »
Yeah... what's the big idea, Hawks??

100 heavy infantry is only like 10x what we can handle. Hope you dont intend on staying!

Hawks have taken no action against Arrakesh, nor had any diplomatic interaction that would suggest they are a target.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 02:11:05 PM »
Is the entirety of the true south united?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

I certainly hope so, it creates far more options.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »

Technically, through alliances, yes. But in reality each realm can barely hold itself. Arrakesh is growing, but mostly relies on cloth-armored axemen. Doarhus, on the other hand, is forced to field rabble against a bandit. Dunno about the Asrians, but nothing gives me the idea that they are in much better conditions.

Hawks have taken no action against Arrakesh, nor had any diplomatic interaction that would suggest they are a target.

He obviously means the raiders.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:24:05 PM by IMVader »

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »
Technically, through alliances, yes. But in reality each realm can barely hold itself. Arrakesh is growing, but mostly relies on cloth-armored axemen. Doarhus, on the other hand, is forced to field rabble against a bandit. Dunno about the Asrians, but nothing gives me the idea that they are in much better conditions.

He obviously means the raiders.

Sure, there are NO Hawk raiders sanctioned to be in Arrakesh, nor any that I am aware of.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Sure, there are NO Hawk raiders sanctioned to be in Arrakesh, nor any that I am aware of.

Touché. Of course, the ones raiding the Asrians are meant. Which would be a good excuse for Arrakesh to offer protection to the Asrians' king, of course, in form of vassalage. But that's just OoC speculation.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 02:40:59 PM by IMVader »

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
The Asrians are allies and Hawks showed up

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 02:40:43 PM »
The Asrians are allies and Hawks showed up

Oh well this will be fun, least for us. Love it when allies assist each other unquestioningly.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
Indeed, it would have sucked big time if they didn't pledged support. It's not like we are invading though, just give us some food and we'll be outta your hair!

Vamking12

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 10:35:05 PM »
Wait Hawks is attacking us? I should probably use my 50+ troops to defend us... Hmm to much work for me.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 08:24:45 PM »
Indeed, it would have sucked big time if they didn't pledged support. It's not like we are invading though, just give us some food and we'll be outta your hair!

Good luck with that, the realms are currently still in the process of stabilizing. We're struggling with wandering bandits, I hardly think that we'll have time for you.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »
Good luck with that, the realms are currently still in the process of stabilizing. We're struggling with wandering bandits, I hardly think that we'll have time for you.

Yet Arrakesh were able to redirect what appears to be several hundred troops to their allies defence within RL days of our arrival. Perhaps they are more prepared then you think, or perhaps they simply have some bravado.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 01:12:55 AM »
Gus seems to be forgetting it's not Hawks vs Small Asrians, pretty sure the other southern realms are involved as well which we expected, I personally can take the entire south alone with my troops but I chose not to because that would be incredibly arse of me. Lets not forget that Daemon could have easily consolidated his resources to a single capital cutting troop, building and production time significantly same with Arrakesh.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:25 AM »
Gus seems to be forgetting it's not Hawks vs Small Asrians, pretty sure the other southern realms are involved as well which we expected, I personally can take the entire south alone with my troops but I chose not to because that would be incredibly arse of me. Lets not forget that Daemon could have easily consolidated his resources to a single capital cutting troop, building and production time significantly same with Arrakesh.

Arrakesh actually has an impressively sized capital. Not sure how much time they have had to build defenses, but then again one of the limitations placed upon the Hawks forces was no takeovers, so it is probably not all that relevant.