Author Topic: The Kingdom of Ascalon  (Read 24328 times)

Weaver

Re: The Kingdom of Ascalon
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »
*shudders in disgust* that... that isn't a word <.<

I think I wanted to write 'regardless' and 'irrespective' at the same time.

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »
This is proving to be interest. Gorling is being backed by their liege lord. As war is known to be a failure to intimidate, it seems to loom ever closer.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:45 PM »
New trend in Abel's court: Slay their penises and use their skin for finger warming!

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »
Indeed, it seems that something i never forsaw is about to happen.... open war between Ascalon and The Stonedlands. I always thought our SouthWestern borders secure due to the good relations with Ascalon, I was wrong.
This is surprising. But rather enjoyable, Looks like i will have to reactivate my account again to fight it lol.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »
Indeed, it seems that something i never forsaw is about to happen.... open war between Ascalon and The Stonedlands. I always thought our SouthWestern borders secure due to the good relations with Ascalon, I was wrong.
This is surprising. But rather enjoyable, Looks like i will have to reactivate my account again to fight it lol.

That you would even consider doing that is a pretty sad situation.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
So you mean you hold some 100 regions in person on characters you haven't played in ages? That is very sad. Why do you literally reserve so many regions for yourself, unplayable for other people?

Regardless, my character just doesn't understand why your character seems to care so much in all of a sudden. There was no escalation going on untill Stonedman swore to protect his vassal should Ascalon mobilize against Gorling in case Gorling uses excessive force. Now we're on the brink of war because of what my character suspects is a misplaced intimidation tactic by yours.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »
So Stonedman is gonna reactivate his account to create more clones? Great, I did expect this though so no surprise.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »
My account expired, hhmm a week, maybe two ago. Until then it was active so do not assume i have been inactive for Months :)
While in peace there was not much need to immediately reactivate it, I can talk with everyone i need to and i completed most building actives in core lands a LONG time ago.
Now when the game gets more interesting, yes i will reactivate, isn't activity and interest what keeps people playing the game? Wouldn't we want to see many formerly active players come back because it was interesting? Hell i'd even be "somewhat" happy to see D'serrai back lol :)

and i cannot create any new "clones" my account has been maxxed since a couple months after the game started pretty much.

Surely you are not surprised that i would defend my vassals, when you are prepared to mobilise to protect yours?

(will try to keep the intricacies and debates of this situation "in-game" as thats where it belongs to follow character personalities hehe)

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 08:56:12 PM »
That's not the point.

My character doesn't get why Stonedman is willing to go to war with someone he needs to be friendly with to secure his Southern and Western flank, and doesn't have a quarrel with. It's be, from a pragmatical point of view, a waste of resources to war Ascalon. My King's entire diplomatic debate was showing how senseless escalating would be, especially over the what he perceives as anger tantrum of Gorling that inspired Stoned into stepping up for him.

Where I get the idea your character had hoped to intimidate mine into accepting his offer, which didn't work, my character did not succeed entirely in proving that this situation is to blame on Gorling and wasting resources into it would be extremely inefficient.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 08:58:13 PM »
Well, it all comes down to if he is willing to depart from some regions to stay friendly with Ascalon, or if he would rather keep them. The second option seems the one winning.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 10:10:24 PM »
Fair enough! Some military genius probably ever said to not interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. Although this mistake could cause some colleteral damage that is me  :-X

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 10:12:04 PM »
The most important factor for my character is the sovereignty of his realm. Those borders have been breached by an outside nation, who was not invited.

Any ruler that does not defend his own lands has no place in the north.
We did not retreat when northspear sought to conquer lands from us, and we cannot from ascalon, if we did we would lose all respect among true northmen and would we seen as weak and invite others to come for our lands.

A war now could well prevent several later.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »
The most important factor for my character is the sovereignty of his realm. Those borders have been breached by an outside nation, who was not invited.

Any ruler that does not defend his own lands has no place in the north.
We did not retreat when northspear sought to conquer lands from us, and we cannot from ascalon, if we did we would lose all respect among true northmen and would we seen as weak and invite others to come for our lands.

A war now could well prevent several later.

Or could be the catalyst for more. The only thing worse then giving up the land, would be losing a war in terms of sparking future wars.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 12:53:52 AM »
Stonedman, forgive me if I am wrong but I thought iron strength is what ruled the north? So why are you so eager to defend a weakling who couldn't even keep his settlements in check let alone protect them from bandits or try to retake them for several in game weeks?

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 01:05:23 AM »
I assume he is defending his own lands, not necessarily Gorling's. That is what rule through strength implies.