Author Topic: Cave near Challock  (Read 2745 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Cave near Challock
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »
Honestly, I like that they're so damned xenophobic!  It makes things more interesting.  Imagine a group of us dungeoning and we manage to wander into Elysium land by accident, ill-information, drunken dare, or just plain stupidity and then we have to survive and haul ass out before the cavalry show up and hang every last one of us.  That adds challenge.  :D   Not to mention, I'm playing a character who's fairly ruthless too and who probable would have the same policy in time.  He started his lordship off by murdering every slumber-blighted noble in his lands and mounting their heads atop pikes just to set an example. 

In the meantime, Tweeznax, I want to form a dungeoning group-- a nice one.  Since it's not possible to hit a dungeon alone (bummer....) I'd like to be a part of a semi-committed group of dungeoners that just go from one place to another attacking dungeons for gold, glory, to get away from their nagging spouse at home, whatever the motivation and are willing to stick together for a long time so we can be the most skilled, badass bunch of monster hunters in the land.  If someone's willing to start, I'd even like for there to be an RP to kick it off (either in the forum here or in-game through messages at a meeting site), say someone give us entry rights into their town and we get drawn to a notice board at a local tavern concerning some monsters or other, get sloshed together, team up, and start a friendship that lets our group stay together and carry on from place to place.  It'd be like playing D&D, just with MightandFealty, and hopefully without someone showing up with a spiked chain-wielding half-ogre trying to kill/rob the quest NPCs while groping any female character they come across.  XD Sound cool?

Several such groups exist and are generally looking for more members
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Lann

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 02:42:32 PM »

Several such groups exist and are generally looking for more members

I'd be interested in finding them.  Just don't know where to look.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »

I'd be interested in finding them.  Just don't know where to look.

AFAIK the Blades engage daily in dungeons.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
I am working on using a small realm as a treasure hunter's society of sorts. I'm sure it's not the first one to be tried, but I will create a new thread about it soon.

Lann

• The Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 10:31:20 PM »

AFAIK the Blades engage daily in dungeons.

Some way I can find this group or my character can work with them?   

Also, Tweeznax, that seems interesting.  I look forward to seeing that thread. 

It'd be cool if dungeoning wasn't just an option for people looking for some recreation or gold.  If it were necessary, for instance, to kill the monsters so regions aren't flooded with beasts that eat peasants, you could almost form a guild around the trade, sorta like a Witcher's school.  That'd be fun.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
To my knowledge the blades are not doing much delving, at least not right now. I'm going to have to arrange characters first, but I'm going to announce a dungeon delving realm when I can.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 12:26:17 AM »
To my knowledge the blades are not doing much delving, at least not right now. I'm going to have to arrange characters first, but I'm going to announce a dungeon delving realm when I can.

You are welcome to join one of my realms and start from there.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
Elysium has been convinced to let dungeoneers delve this cave, so long as they bring with them no troops.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »
That's decent of Elysium! Not sure if it will happen right away at this point, but good to know.

Zandar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:10 AM »
I have been advised that a group of seven characters has been spotted by the owner of the region in the vicinity of the cave. Can only assume they are exploring it.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »
Well that's just peachy. I start a thread about this cave, leave out of respect (and fear) for Elysium, and then another group comes in and doesn't even bother to say anything.

I've changed my mind Elysium. Put their heads on stakes!

Zandar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:19 AM »
Well that's just peachy. I start a thread about this cave, leave out of respect (and fear) for Elysium, and then another group comes in and doesn't even bother to say anything.

I've changed my mind Elysium. Put their heads on stakes!

Fickle, that is what you all are, though the Rheged headhunters will be happy I guess.

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 01:46:13 AM »
It's not like they will listen to me. I mean I was just complaining. I mean they wouldn't just... Uh oh

Tweeznax

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 02:34:49 AM »
If you guys survive, come down to Delver's Den and join the Knights Archaeologyst!

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 04:27:15 AM »
You can have multiple groups on the same dungeon. They won't even notice each other inside it. Just sayin'.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)