Author Topic: Starvation is a bitch  (Read 1328 times)

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
Starvation is a bitch
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:51 PM »
I'm currently travelling so my internet access has been sporadic for the last four days. I logged in just now to find that one of my characters who was moving troops between his mountain settlements to deal with a bandit has had 89 out of 91 of them die in that time.

I bet the bloody bandit hasn't suffered similar attrition.

I am not impressed.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Starvation is a bitch
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »
I'm currently travelling so my internet access has been sporadic for the last four days. I logged in just now to find that one of my characters who was moving troops between his mountain settlements to deal with a bandit has had 89 out of 91 of them die in that time.

I bet the bloody bandit hasn't suffered similar attrition.

I am not impressed.

All characters face the same rules for starvation, so the bandit should have had his men starve if you are in the same region.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

LGMAlpha

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:32:16 AM »
I'm playing a bandit right now that started too far from soldier's home region. I'm probably going to lose them all before I can make it back to the region, so it's not all rosy playing a bandit.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »
I'm currently travelling so my internet access has been sporadic for the last four days.

I feel sorry for you, but 4 days is 16 in-game days. If your troops suffered serious starvation the whole time, or were already low on food before that, then yes they can starve like that.

I'm buffing camp followers to compensate.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:44:49 AM »
I lost 214 men because i never had internet access for 5 days, and 50 of those were with chainmail which after the building change i cant train XD
That was about 75% of my personal army of that character, its going to take a few months to even get close to the same strenght again.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »
Again, I feel sorry, but 5 days is 20 in-game days.

The problem is that I can only balance so much. If troops don't starve after some reasonable time, people complain that they are being abused to starve settlements and nothing ever happens to the soldiers. If they do starve, people complain about losing them to starvation.

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
Nah i find that fine, especialy for soldiers after a long march or who have suffered from wounds or starvation already recently. Though i have a question, do all those factors affect that? I know that previous starvation recently does affect it, but i would want to know if the rest also matter.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »
Wounds and starvation are independent from each other, but I might change that at any time without notice because I've long thought about starvation causing wounds instead of a death yes/no switch.