Author Topic: a few thoughts  (Read 1140 times)

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
a few thoughts
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:58:57 AM »
Might be nice if we had...

A way to more easily identify whether a noble is a member of your own barony / county / duchy or kingdom or not

A way to more easily identify whether any noble is member of a realm at which you have a treaty of declaration

Confirmation of attacking nobles or settlements within your own realm or nobles at peace

A bit of a dream goal, but Contracts. Like a treaty or declaration but they can be about anything measureable in the game and you can have people sign on to them and be warned if they try to break it.
They can be of RP or abstract value, a fair play contract like the social contract, or anything else you can think of (agree not to claim or take settlements, agree not to enter territory, agree to promise trade of x for duration, etc. Then if the character breaks it, that should show up somewhere that they broke the contract. I think people could be more easily bound by roleplaying limitations if you lay them out for people to see. Just my thoughts. Sorry if these have been considered already.

Valast

Re: a few thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »
I think you are right on with this.

It becomes a task to figure out who anyone is.  If I encounter someone I have to open up their character, which is fine... but then I have to open up their realm to see details, go to politics to see details, or anywhere else to figure out what is going on.

It would be great to have a short summary of my relations/connections to that character.  In other words I open up that characters detail page and it shows me if we are allies, or if any agreements are made with that noble or its own chain of command.

Smart treaty: Have the game help us create written treaties by inserting realm/character/settlement names like we do in other places.  Then it can trace the chain of command to tell me if this interaction is with someone involved.

When I click on someone it could say "your realm is in an alliance with this noble" or even "your realm has an agreement with this realm" and provide a link to relations so I can see that agreement.

Figuring out who is who is not very much fun right now.  There should be ways to make it easy.  After all, we want players to be able to break treaties and cause chaos by design...not because it is too much trouble to find the information.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:26:38 PM »
I agree that lookups of diplomatic stances should be much more easy to come by.

Considering that both you and the other person can be in many realms, it's not trivial.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
Ok, now how about estate notification if someone starts a trade agreement with you, or adds & subtracts militia without being the estate owner?

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
Or a "join battle" option when you move( like enter settlement) so you could move overnight abd automatically engage when you got there?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
I'd love to add that, but it is very tricky to actually do it.

FARevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
Indeed, you might end up joining the wrong side.

netforce10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »
Well, you could select a noble in advance to join from a drop down box or even just type his name in?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 09:05:29 AM »
Yes, something like that was discussed before. A "support" or "oppose action that you can set, and when you come into range of a battle, and one of those people is involved with it, you will join their or the opposing side. Actions are already in a queue, so it would be checked in order of priority and if you join the wrong side its because you set the wrong priorities.

Aly_Fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »
Yes, that would be nice.