Author Topic: (RP) - The Iungard Gala on 4-42  (Read 6132 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: (RP) - The Iungard Gala on 4-42
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:41 AM »
Quote from: Andris Eglītis on 4-46-5 (January 30, 2015 11:06)
Andris viewed the gathering with contempt. It had been a waste bringing his adopted sister to the gathering, none here would be even close to a suitable match for her. Still the journey would not be a total waste if he could confront the accursed meddler. He has been assured that he was going to attend this event and thus finally be in a situation where he could not avoid Andris's ire.

A commotion at the tables laden with food caught his eye, and at the center of it his target.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
Quote from: Alexios Eirenikos on 4-46-5 (January 30, 2015 11:58)
Alexios spied the Dukes approach, the steel in his eye was evident even in the state Alexios currently found himself in.

"To arms to arms, secure the Hold". As he shouted he gathered the pork buns he had not yet had the time to consume and began to use them as bricks to make a tiny little fort.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Quote from: Henry of Arescod on 4-46-6 (January 30, 2015 18:03)
Listening carefully to Lady Ulina talk about her home he was glad that her initial nervosity wore off and she became a very fluent conversation partner. While he did continue eating from the fish, the main reason he was here was for the social activities, and not for the food. He wasn't exactly starved, having had a decent breakfast, and while he could appreciate the new tastes, he found he spent most of the time listening to Ulina.

"That is indeed strange. In Ascalon, and I can probably extend that to the entire mainland, travel by sea is something only considered over extreme distances and to visit the isles themselves." He replied to the lady.

"Indeed, one of my servants felt the effects of the deck rolling over the waves and was restricted to the side of the deck in his freedom. I'm not much of a seagoer, and this is in fact my first time at sea, but I must admit that I liked the free feeling of it. On the mainland there is always a hill, a forest, a river or a town nearby that interrupts the horizon, but at sea you can see as far as the eyes permit."

Looking over to the lord of Hawks he nodded in agreement. As the situation around Marquess Alexios became more and more interesting as he gathered a fort of pork buns to protect himself from Duke Andris, Henry's smirk only grew.

"I am sure that you will find similar individuals on the mainland, although it seems Marquess Alexios is definitely one of a kind. We do get to deal with the Rathgari people though, and they can be very strange in their dealings aswell. While I have found them to be brave and honourable, they seem to have no clue about civilized manners such as the common laws that apply to us, First Ones. We have withnessed a tribe openly supporting a clandestine rebellion without a single mention of the huge controversy. It only shows that the differences between us mainlanders amongst ourselves certainly vary as greatly as the differences between mainlanders and islanders."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 11:51:16 AM »
Quote from: Ulina Peladon on 4-47-2 (January 31, 2015 01:34)
The people around the table appeared to be becoming more and more distracted by Alexios's weird antics. Now Andris looked to be moving towards him like a man spoiling for a fight. A tension had entered the atmosphere in the room.

Half focusing on Alexios and half on her conversation with Prince Henry, Ulina was interested to hear him mention the Rathgari.

"I've been curious about the Rathgari. I met one of them once, but that's all. Is it true that the old realm of Rathgar was founded by some sort of bear god, do you know? It sounds like something the storytellers might have made up to make the Rathgari more mysterious to those who don't know them well."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
Quote from: Jon Johnsson on 4-47-3 (January 31, 2015 08:28)
"I almost forgot after these few weeks away from Ryne, i thought i would spread the word a bit.

There was a tournament in Ryne a while back, to decide about who would become Raven Marked, and the queen also decided that anyone who would defeat one of the Raven Marked in a duel, could also become a Raven Marked if that person wished to be one. Or if you had captured 5 nobles in battle you could duel one of the Raven Marked, and if you are victorious you would get the title aswell."

Jon then drank some of the wine after saying that.

"And i would also be very much intrested in more about the Rathagari if anyone knows anything about them, i have never been that far north, and most southerners dont know anything about the Rathagari except that they exist."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Henry of Arescod on 4-47-4 (January 31, 2015 17:37)
Henry shrugged and hesitated a moment before continuing. There was a true Rathgari lady present, and by no means did he intend to discredit them as a people. His experiences with them so far however had been primarily negative, like most of the rest of the world so far."Well, as far as I have seen, the Rathgari are a fierce and rather warlike people who care deeply about their honour. However, I believe that their interpretation of honour is vastly different from ours, and as a result the things they do sometimes seem like gross insulting acts of aggression to us." Henry said, carefully choosing each word. "I would say that Lady Ashley could probably offer you a deeper insight in their culture, for I have only fought against and with them on multiple occasions."

He finished, for a moment brightly remembering the great battle at Liogenes where Ascalonian forces along with Westernesse allies were valiantly defeated in a delaying action for reinforcements from the Stoned Lands to arrive.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:55 AM »
Quote from: Rhuadhri Uí Niall on 4-47-4 (January 31, 2015 18:21)
"Aye Lady Ashley, there is a certain decorum to the Iunan court," and with that he cast a momentary amused glance at Lord Alexios's corner redoubt, "which perhaps is atypical of the Isles as a whole."

Rhuadhri studied the young shield-maiden for a moment, admiring the scar which though marring the tenderness of her features did little to ruin their beauty. Such a scar was a fair testament to Ashley's resilience in battle, as was to be expected of the daughter of a Rathgari King.

"Indeed in Cedyrn we have many alchemists skilled in distilling the uisce beatha though our farmers prefer the poitín, a particularly foul brew which travels poorly but inspires many a hedge-bard to bawdiness. Many's the time when I was unmarried and a wild rover that I joined such company, though I dare say this isn't the time to regale you with such ballads as I recall."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 12:01:47 PM »
And because I totally got so sidetracked by work that I forgot about this for like a week, I'll give you the entire next day's of posts as well, as a freebie.

Quote from: Taticus Symmachus on 4-48-3 (February 2, 2015 02:34)
With a deep sigh Taticus moved to intercept Duke Andris. Just for once he would like for his Prefect to retain his wits at a official function. It was the duty of a member of Hawks to face adversity throughout life and seek challenges, but in general that referred to matters of combat, not struggling with the mental state of ones liege.

"Greetings Duke Andris, I am afraid that the Prefect is otherwise occupied at this time, but as is customary I stand in his stead"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:03:55 PM by Andrew »

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 12:02:39 PM »
Quote from: Alyn Fontaine on 4-48-5 (February 2, 2015 12:32)
Alyn Fontaine sat stifly at the table, dressed in the formal uniform of the Knight Captain of the Iunan Order of the Blades, a fetching black uniform with silver trim. Though he was young, the Iunan guardsmen deferred to him, and several times during the gala one or another would come to him and whisper in his ear, no doubt about the cowardly bandit attacks or the attempted coup at Thederny which had spectacularly failed.

The young man paid little attention to the food, having been raised on similar fare all his life. He did enjoy some foreign delicacies, those that were on offer, but being seated at the far end and well away from any lady dignitaries (not by his design) left him thoroughly bored. Perhaps an opportunity to mingle would soon present itself. The young baron reassured himself he was still more than eligible.

If not, he would soon hop a boat back to the mainland and see to the reclamation effort being conducted in his absence, and of course the recovery of his late fathers remains.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 12:04:11 PM by Andrew »

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
Quote from: Ashley Van Valen on 4-48-6 (February 2, 2015 20:48)
Perhaps it was the change in music to something familiar, or the silly yet amusing Exemplar Alexios, or maybe it was just the comfortable way the conversations continued around the table with no hint of anger for a Northern warrior being among them…a young woman Northern warrior at that.  If one or all of those things were the cause, the effect on Ashley was like that of a flower opening to show its true self within.  A weight was lifting from her that held back her outgoing spirit… the brightest part of which was the smile that was becoming ever more genuine, teasing at the corners of her mouth.

“Alchemists?  Northern Alchemists know nothing but war and pitch and flames.  Oh they are fine at it…but I would never trust the cup they handed me!  Every family makes their own honey wine and spirits, at least in Valinor.  I will send word to my brother Wilson Van Valen to have some sent to you if you would like a taste Your Grace.  Or you are welcome to come and raid the North if you prefer… no mead feels as strong as that taken by the spear!  Such are the teaching of the Priestesses of the Goddess Oho.  I find it to be true, but…”

Her sentence was left unfinished when she heard her name from down the table.  Too far away to know whom or in what context, only that it was hers which was spoken.  It left the impression that she was being talked about in at least one other conversation among those seated…yet it was too late for this to pull her back into the uncharastically quiet girl.  A Northern Princess sat among them now.  Strong and confident…and used to using both of those to help her in battle…be it one of combat or words.

"Tell me please as I am curious."  She began while looking at the King of Cedyrn, but carried her gaze across the entire gathering

“How far North have any of you traveled?  So few take the time to come to Valinor.  In all my time, only a couple of nobles from Hawks have been seen… and honorable battle did they bring.  But…I wonder if you all know as little of the North as I do of these beautiful islands?”

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 12:09:39 PM »
Quote from: Andris Eglītis on 4-48-6 (February 2, 2015 22:56)
"Stand aside. I have come to speak to the Prefect, not his lap dog. I will speak to your master of the crimes he has committed against the persons of the nobility of Litranti, and I shall not be put off by his little insanity act."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »
Quote from: Ulina Peladon on 4-49-4 (February 3, 2015 22:30)
The side show involving Alexios, Andris, and Taticus continued, while everyone around the table carried on with their conversations. Though she cast a glance over at the little gathering at the other end of the room from time to time, Ulina turned to answer Ashley's question.

"I haven't been any further north than the southern border of Ascalon. Until very recently I haven't had access to any docks on the mainland. So I've been limited in the time I can take to explore by how long I could get a captain to moor a ship off the shore. But some other people in Mercia have traveled a lot further. I know someone who went to Beal's Song not long ago."

"Lady Ashley, could you tell us more about the northern lands and your way of life? I just asked Prince Henry to tell me more about the northerners, but he rightly said that as we have a lady of the north amongst us it would be better to ask you."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »

Quote from: Rhuadhri Uí Niall on 4-50-4 (February 5, 2015 11:32)
"When my father was still alive I travelled to the Imperium but never further north than that, though my House has distant kin in Rathgar with whom I keep in touch. The better their fortunes in the north, the more secure my throne."

The King roared a hearty laugh and drained his goblet, signalling to a nearby page with the empty vessel for further refreshment.

"In the time of my late uncle Rhodri it's said that Prydhain launched a great raid on the northern coast. That would have been shortly before the curse fell on our isle and records from that time are scarce, so I cannot be sure but it's a good tale. Perhaps one day I'll follow his lead: if present company is anything to go by, it may be a good way to my son Domnhaill Uí Niall a worthy wife."

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

Quote from: Ashley Van Valen on 4-51-3 (February 6, 2015 17:51)
Ashley’s smile was genuine and her attention immersed in the conversation as both Lady Ulina and King Rhuadhri told of their travels. Although she found the limits of their excursions to be disheartening, as these were great and powerful individuals of the world, it made her contemplate her own travels in comparison… She was a warrior who had marched from the Northern to the Southern coast… sailed to the Fading Isles… and then again around the Western shores of the world to return home. Her battles numbered to near 50, more than her father and uncles…not counting their raids prior to Valinor being settled of course. Some but not many in the North could boast such claims yet she was taken aback none the less.

“I am certain there are mighty women warriors in the North who would be a suitable match for your son, Your Grace. Take caution however, as not all the Northern realms are alike in honor or in their view of how dishonor should be handled. Even in my own nation we have some who disagree with what path my father set us on…one of those being the ‘current’ King.” She did not intend to use the word current in a way of disrespect, but… had she not been sent away from her realm and family because she was outspoken against her uncle?

“Bagh, the politics of the world are so boring. The North more so than elsewhere I am sure.” Her eyes narrowed in a mischievous way as she continued speaking while rising from her seat, the bodice of her dress falling low, without her notice, to expose the crevasse of her

“How about a story from the North instead, Lady Ulina? Maybe it will give insight to our cultures beginnings more than the current politics. Hmm, but which one? There is the story of the Bear God of course, but perhaps you have heard it already? Another interesting tale is the Departure of the Gods.”

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »

Quote from: Henry of Arescod on 4-51-3 (February 6, 2015 18:00)
As a moment of pause was given to Henry in the ongoing conversations, he took the time to enjoy the meal before him. He tried some kind of irrecognisably prepared bird which he discovered to be swan, but didn't like it that much. The seasoning was just not what he liked. Instead, having had enough of both fish and bird alike, he tried a slice of meat generously soaked in a wine-based sauce, which was delicious. After he was finished consuming the meat, he dipped up all leftover sauce with the many pieces of bread provided for such purposes, all the while quietly listening to the ongoing conversations.