Author Topic: Status Update  (Read 1509 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Status Update
« on: December 04, 2014, 08:14:47 PM »
Due to increasing activity in the game and player counts, performance has slowly become an issue for the turn resolution. To solve this, for several days, I've run extensive performance analysis and statistics. Zeroing in on the performance eaters, I could identify exactly which parts of the code take a long time to resolve. That's not marketing talk - at the end I could in some cases tell you line-by-line which code accumulates how many seconds of turn time.

Now, with a few well-placed changes, I have successfully cut the turn execution time in half, from an average 24 minutes down to 12 minutes. I have a few more changes I plan to bring it down by another one or two minutes. There is, however, only so much that can be gained when the turn iterates over 2000 settlements, updates over 16,000 buildings and almost 90,000 soldiers. There is simply a lot of work that is being done.

But with these crucial updates done, I can once again return to fixing bugs and improving the gameplay.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Status Update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:16:35 PM »
The last update caused resource production to increase, and I'm still trying to figure out if this is a bug, or if I fixed a bug that caused it to be too low. So enjoy the production boost but don't rely on it, if I find it's a bug I'll fix it and return numbers to normal.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
The current update brings a lot of small bugfixes and should also trigger elections for realms with inactive rulers.

I'm very happy with the bandits feature so far. The statistics indicate that people are mobilizing their forces - about 30% more soldiers are now mobile instead of militia, indicating higher activity with more people running around with armies. Recruitment has also increased considerably.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 10:24:39 PM »
I've done a major code update that you won't notice, but that will be helpful for the future. Game is now running on Symfony 2.7, for example.

I'm also adding in Quests, and you can already see them a little bit.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »
I am without much Internet for the next two weeks, so hopefully nothing will break badly.