Author Topic: Can't assign soldiers!!!  (Read 3555 times)

Alumaani

• View Profile
Can't assign soldiers!!!
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:08:46 PM »
For a few weeks now I have been unable to assign soldiers and it is really beginning to bug me!  I have almost 2000 soldiers I wanted to send out into these battles and have been unable to as it seems that a bug exists when you have above a certain amount of soldiers present.  I get that and understand it but after reporting it as a bug and reposting about it I notice that others are having the same problem and the lack of response from the development team is getting a little burdensome as many of the bugs I have registered have not even been picked up let alone fixed.

Tom I know your busy but at the minute it feels like you are not involved in any way on your project and a little note every now and then just to say we have not been forgotten would be good. 

Mookzen

• View Profile
Re: Can't assign soldiers!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
I believe if you sort the soldiers alphabetically, some part of the ones at the top will assign without issue and when you split the forces enough in this manner then the problem will go away altogether, can we confirm if this it true ?

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:50 AM »
Ok so now I have 1 noble with 600 warriors who cannot transfer a single one which makes him move at a snails pace while stuck in enemy territory, one is not amused.

I have tried to take your advice Mook but it doesn't seem to work and I am pretty much at the end of my tether with it.  I brought all of my warriors from my villages into the main town and wanted them distributed evenly among the realms forces but the character ruling the town cannot do anything with them due to this bug and so I have almost 3000 warriors stuck in a town, I couldn't field them and I cant even retrain them, so they are useless and eating the towns food.  This happened at the start of the North Spear conflict.

It meant I marched with only 1500 warriors (A fraction of my force) and as discussed previously I transferred many of them to my main character who is now stuck, unable to move much and unable to redistribute the warriors.  This may not sound like much to anyone reading it but imagine your whole army on lockdown whilst in a war, like sitting ducks whilst you are also unable to act strategically...it's not fun at all.

I have had a bug reported for weeks now and it hasn't been looked at, is Tom around or has he given up on the game because it's starting to feel like that.

Tan dSerrai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
Ag...yes, that is indeed a massive pain.

I ran into this problem when militia in Kailmamont went past the (whatever number 450? 500? more?) threshold. I was unable to retrain or assign....I _was_ able to mobilize the top 30% or so...and could work around this bug in that way (mobilize first, then assign from the character. ug.). I did report it several months back.

I had for a short time one char (during the North Spear conflict) with more than 500....I remember having trouble with him  and assigning troops to others as well. I cannot remember exactly how I did solve it....I _think_ it was by shuffling groups (he had 3 or 4 different groups of soldiers). Try that: on the soldier status page, you can sort your guys by name, group, weapon, armor and equipment....try different sorting options, then try to assign those on the very top to someone else, easiest by using the group assign option. If worse comes to worst, assign a few from the top by hand....once your chars troop number fall below a certain threshold, everything should work again.

(Edit: Aye, I am using firefox...hopefully that will work for you!)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:16:27 PM by Tan dSerrai »

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »
I've tried and it is not working, I will try with firefox.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
Depending on how long you have had the soldiers, my work around when I encountered this was to reclaim some of them.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
Firefox seems to be working, will try again tom.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »
That is interesting, I have less problems with Chrome then Firefox with large units
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 07:14:39 AM »
I'm using Chrome exclusively and have been having these problems for months, don't think it's related. During the current conflict the last time I had this bug was when I had like 800 men on one noble and solved it eventually with quite a few tries by setting some smaller groups of soldiers as militia, not all groups worked but some eventually did. I'm getting the feeling that not all soldiers are bugged with this problem, yet once even one of those is in a group action it doesn't work. Could be something as stupidly simple as 'all the bugged soldiers weren't on the 'first page' of the soldier screen before multiple pages got scrapped' and Tom missed something when he made the transition, in that case figuring out how the game sorts soldiers by default and knowing how many are on the first page max should help circumvent the issue.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:17:34 AM by Mookzen »

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
Well im no tech genius, quite the opposite but what I can tell you is that when using chrome it is impossible for me to assign soldiers once I have over lets say 500 men, I cannot do anything in the village such as retrain etc.  When I have downloaded firefox and tried, it works.  COuld it be a timeout issue or something?  As I say I am no expert and I have tried chrome again with no success so for now I will stick with firefox for this game.

Thanks for the advice.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
It's a problem of sheer numbers. I've a few ideas how to solve them. Check if it's already improved.

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
nope

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 12:24:07 AM »
I'm closing in on the problem. Maybe I'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
should be fixed in the update that'll go live in 10 minutes.

cenrae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
I was able to assign with one character but not another.  Will post to bug report when I get home.
Clan Skies | House Kye on BM