Author Topic: Concepts of productivity  (Read 1236 times)

stueblahblah

• View Profile
Concepts of productivity
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
So, I built two blacksmiths in nearby regions  within few days difference.

Though both regions lack different resources in similar way, one blacksmith produced say 150 axes within few turns, the other is producing about 2 axes per turn.

I tried with different inter-trade between those regions to find out what is the most influencing factor, but could not reach a clue.

Cynic

• View Profile
Re: Concepts of productivity
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
I believe the formula is something like:

5 x # of workers x Productivity %. This is then divided by the work hours needed for the item, e.g. Axe is 20.

So unless you've been adjusting building focus you won't really be producing more than 3 axes per day (in-game day) in any moderate sized village. I suspect you probably didn't notice something (like maybe it had axes in stock at the start? Don't know if that's even possible), but if you can make 150 axes in 3 turns at building focus level 0 happen again and take all the details down then that's a report for the bugtracker, I think.

Tan dSerrai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
If an estate has a blacksmith and is producing axes they are put in the stockpile. So far so logical.

However, if that estate later loses its blacksmith, that stockpile 'vanishes'...or, better, it becomes unaccessible.

Once the blacksmith is (re)constructed, those axes that were in the stockpile prior to its destruction suddenly 'reappear'.

stueblahblah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »
ok, that makes sense... it's not only one region where i see 150 or even 200 axes soon after building blacksmith, while in other all go  around few per day.

yes, those are mostly regions that either had blacksmith or their blacksmith was not completely destroyed.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:23:27 PM »
That would be a bug that will be fixed in the next update

Tan dSerrai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:54 PM »
Ah, ok.

Still, this means that if an estate is starving and abandons all buildings - then _all_ stockpiles will be erased as well.

Would it be possible/make sense if stockpiles are erased if a building is completely destroyed?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:19:34 AM »
Still, this means that if an estate is starving and abandons all buildings - then _all_ stockpiles will be erased as well.

Not immediately, of course. They will drop over time as the building wastes away.

Tan dSerrai

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »
Ah, excellent - good to know!