Author Topic: Hawks Tournament  (Read 867 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Hawks Tournament
« on: August 20, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
So I'm planning a annual Tournament for Hawks, to continue on from the one at the end of year 2. My current proposal is for it to again me a general melee tournament, using light infantry but in larger quantities then the previous one. Again it will be a knock out tournament. The prize at this stage shall be 50 heavy cavalry for the winner. Other ranks shall not be contested, either you are the winner, or you are a nobody, take some solace in whatever round you managed to reach pretending their are enough participants for that to matter.

I did want to talk about the "defining" feature of the last tournament and whether it should be part of the next tournament. I did not allow for replacement troops, though I allowed for troops to be resupplied between rounds. If you lost significant troops early in the tournament that was be design supposed to make things more difficult later. The big problem with this is that to be fair I needed the number of participants to be such that everyone was fighting the same number of battles.

Thoughts?
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Valast

Re: Hawks Tournament
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
you could have the nobles be allowed a second.  A noble to carry the additional warriors.  Let all resupply or additional warriors to come from that pool.

So if you are allowed 20 in the battle and a pool of 15, after the first battle you can swap out warriors to again have 20.  But by the time you get to round three or four you have to make harder choices... Do I take the guy who has lost his weapon or do I take the one slightly wounded one with a weapon and hope he heals before the fight begins?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hawks Tournament
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
you could have the nobles be allowed a second.  A noble to carry the additional warriors.  Let all resupply or additional warriors to come from that pool.

So if you are allowed 20 in the battle and a pool of 15, after the first battle you can swap out warriors to again have 20.  But by the time you get to round three or four you have to make harder choices... Do I take the guy who has lost his weapon or do I take the one slightly wounded one with a weapon and hope he heals before the fight begins?

An interesting idea, but I'm not sure it adds terribly much. Given the turn out for tournaments so far, the pool would have to be very low to force any compromise.
He who was once known as Blackfyre