Author Topic: Ariamis  (Read 6245 times)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Ariamis
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:21:40 AM »
Since I haven't found a general topic for the realm, but instead specific ones for an event or an aspect of the realm, I decided to create a thread for it.

Let me get started by saying that Osaka looks like it will be the most developed town, at least in the northern part of Ariamis. Add to that it being on the northern border at the only crossing of the Redgorge River into Ariamis, and so being vital to keeping northern armies out, and you can guarantee it will become at the very least the capital of the duchy.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ariamis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:49:33 AM »
Add to that it being on the northern border at the only crossing of the Redgorge River into Ariamis, and so being vital to keeping northern armies out, and you can guarantee it will become at the very least the capital of the duchy.

Cough cough, Trestrimont. There is also a bridge at Seuntalva that could be used, though that region is not part of Ariamis.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:55:40 AM »

Cough cough, Trestrimont. There is also a bridge at Seuntalva that could be used, though that region is not part of Ariamis.

Neither is a part of Ariamis. Therefore our ability to control them is more limited. Trestrimont is also in the mountains, where food is not in abundance, limiting the ability of armies to travel through them.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:32:24 AM »
Neither is a part of Ariamis. Therefore our ability to control them is more limited. Trestrimont is also in the mountains, where food is not in abundance, limiting the ability of armies to travel through them.

Unfortunately that is not the case. So long as you aren't stopping you can pass through those mountains without your troops having issues. Remember it takes a reasonable time for starvation effects to kick in now. The settlements might not be so happy though. The fact they aren't Ariamis controlled entry points only makes them more attractive in my opinion.

Huntsmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 03:48:09 AM »
The fact they aren't Ariamis controlled entry points only makes them more attractive in my opinion.

Plus, there is an awful lot of Ariamis coast.

Igelfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 04:41:04 AM »
Gosh, sounds like we need to start getting ready for war... Some people have put to much time into thinking about how to attack us. :)

Prinny Baal

• Sir Guntram Waxweiler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 05:48:34 AM »
I wonder many troops we can field..But yes a war sound nice, even more so with the nice juicy grasslands at the base of Renald's grant...Just ripe for the picking....But thats another day, for we must act with honor. Is that not t he way of Ariamis?

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 05:54:21 AM »
I wonder many troops we can field..But yes a war sound nice, even more so with the nice juicy grasslands at the base of Renald's grant...Just ripe for the picking....But thats another day, for we must act with honor. Is that not t he way of Ariamis?

Depends on which part of Ariamis you're talking about. I mean my character Nobunari Ishida, who controls Osaka, killed three members of the family which gave him the region and then joined Ariamis to avoid retribution... not exactly someone likely to follow "honor".

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 05:56:49 AM »
Depends on which part of Ariamis you're talking about. I mean my character Nobunari Ishida, who controls Osaka, killed three members of the family which gave him the region and then joined Ariamis to avoid retribution... not exactly someone likely to follow "honor".

You forgot the bit where he cuddled up to the Atan guys for a while until it was clear Ariamis was going to win that little conflict.

Prinny Baal

• Sir Guntram Waxweiler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »

I live in a mountain where we have honor good sir....and nothing else.

I would like too see more of the realm as a whole, but my short time here has left me unable too, being a week away from the tournament for example.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 08:23:26 AM »

You forgot the bit where he cuddled up to the Atan guys for a while until it was clear Ariamis was going to win that little conflict.

Yes, that too. I'm sure Ariamis isn't complaining to much, it ensured they kept the region in the end. :3

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »
I kinda feel sorry for the new ruler of Ariamis. They've got their work cut out for them thanks to the action of some of the realm members.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »
I kinda feel sorry for the new ruler of Ariamis. They've got their work cut out for them thanks to the action of some of the realm members.

I find it quite exciting. The new duke of Linthain Plains is pretty aggressive and looking to ensure that our players are active.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 01:02:10 AM »
You mean we finally have a realm with some interesting internal politics? Let's hope it doesn't just fizzle out like so many others. Too often internal conflict in this game is leading to an end game far too quickly, with a rebellion or what have you, followed by the realm returning to its default sleep mode.

nanakisan

• Sanctus Acies. Ad honorem, Ad mortis
    • View Profile
    • My personal art gallery
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 04:50:38 AM »
I'll admit what Orion was doing started to concern me. But now i think on it. He's just testing Xerx which is something i've wanted to have happen. I just freaking wish more communication occurred regarding the Tempus Merchants. Orion really botched a chance for us to have a new duchy and further inside connections to the Grand Fate.

But at the same time i like this. Now I just need to think if taking Ariamis is even worth the time. I may just rebuild the federation. Hell i may actually outreach to the Litranti and see if they would be interested in working with us rather then against.
I am a lunatic wrapped in bacon. Sprinkled with swiss, smoothered in mustard and then buried in lettuce. I'm delicious!