Author Topic: A Tournament to Determine a Duke, Ariamis  (Read 1108 times)

Igelfeld

• View Profile
A Tournament to Determine a Duke, Ariamis
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »
So we got the idea for a tournament from Ascalon, and whoever wins it gets to be the Duke of the new lands. Here's the RP so far if anyone is interested:

Linthas is buzzing with excitement as First Ones and humans from across Ariamis and indeed across the land, gather in front of the Kings Hall. The chatter of the crowd escalates as the doors to the hall open and jumps to a fevered pitch as all manner of birds flocked out of he doors tailed by long flowing ribbons of green, gold, and blue. two dozen horn players followed and flanked the entrance, and as they began to play the royal guards and the king entered the town square. The chatter settles and the horns go silent as the King prepares to speak.
[/size]"Ariamis welcome the Grand Tournament! It is hard to believe that it has been less then a year since darkness left these parts and beauty returned to our lands, but we have made so much of that time and now stand strong. New lands have since been given us and with them a responsibility to rule, and through the wisdom of Marquess Renard, we have decided this tournament as our means of determining the proper leader for those lands for in Ariamis strength prevails."
[/size]The crowd applauds as four first ones now walk from the hall, each wearing their house colors and baring their crest.
[/size]"Allow me the pleasure of introducing you to those who have put their names forward: "Lord Savorak Swiftblade of the Linthain Plains, vassal of Lord Chauncey Nrillinthas. Lord Borriz kryztik of Goldvale, vassal of Duke Sidroc Ironbark, Lord Frederik Gormack of the Linthain Plains, vassal of Duke Balthier Nrillinthas. Sir Drafrick representing Lord Salgos Aureus of the Linthain Plains. And Lord Harald Tieranson of Tarvall who has yet to arrive. If at this time any others wish to enter, let it be known."
[/size]Silence falls over everyone gathered.
[/size]Lord John and Lord Jack stand and declare their intent to participate.
[/size]"Welcome Lord John Erhart and Lord Jack Wolfe to the tournament! Let us be favored with good games and may the best suited for leadership emerge the victor. Tomorrow there will be blood, but tonight we shall feast! I welcome you in to the Kings Hall."
[/size]Music begins to poor from the doors as dancers in ornate masks and contortionists rush out the doors and move through the crowds. One of the dancers rushes to you and tries to start dancing with you, moving you toward the hall. The hall itself smells heavily of cooked meat and strong liquor. Schnapps from Bastards Cloak, beer from Enylthas, wine from the Imperium, and a peculiar and rather potent green drink that you hear comes from Ascalon.
[/size]The venison, beef, swordfish, duck, and lamb are a few of the meats you recognize, but some others are a bit of a mystery. And sitting in as the centerpiece, stands a roasted young pig with wings of an falcon riding on the back of lamb. It's a sight to see to say the least.
[/size]As the dancer leaves your side, she puts a finger to her lips and softly shushes as she backs away from the table. The whole room goes quiet.
[/size]A rather plump old herald begins in a surprisingly resounding voice, "For the first round of the tournament the following shall cross swords:[/size]
    • [/size]If any wish to join the tournament they must do so before the start of the next round."
      [/size]The fat little man sits down, and at the head table the king stands, "I thank you for traveling to witness and participate in this tournament, it is an honor to have you. I wish to introduce you to an honored guest of this tournament, a man who has carved out a place of his own and earned his place." The king motions to his right where a rather well dressed and fairly attractive First One with close cut blond hair sits. "This is Prince Banic Aerinia, Lord of Redgor and Drakeford son of the Emperor of Erstes Imperium. And it is my great honor to introduce him to you. Shortly after this tournament he will be wed to my daughter and solidify an alliance between Ariamis and Erstes Imperium. To defend each other from the attacks of our enemies, and to not engage in hostilities against each other. Now let us feast and enjoy the blessings that have been given us!"
      [/size]The dancers return as the music begins anew, and as the various foods are served and wines are enjoyed, the surprise of the betrothal begins to fade and the roar of a Linthian feast gets into full swing.

Igelfeld

• View Profile
    Re: A Tournament to Determine a Duke, Ariamis
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:15:26 PM »
    Fredrick eyed young Jack Wolf, preparing for the upcoming fight.
    [/size]Dance of Crane, Harvest the Field, Flowing Water, Swaying Grass. His body repeated this forms over and over in a deadly dance with his sword. Moving with the grace of hours practiced with the sword.
    [/size]Dance of Crane, Harvest the Field, Flowing Water, Swaying Grass. Leaving his mind blank, he thought of nothing, feeling every inch of his body, loosening every muscle.
    [/size]Dance of Crane, Harvest the Field, Flowing Water, Swaying Grass. Imagining the fight in his head, the movements, the moments when nothing exists but him and his opponent. Making his mind and body ready for the upcoming fight.
    [/size]His sword will dance again.

Prinny Baal

• Sir Guntram Waxweiler
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »
    OOC question, as this event does concern me, how many days till we start the tournament(aka the fighting)? As a relativity new, player, I am a bit unsure on how too be involved without knowing much of the world. However, I would still like my character too see the tournament. Other IC things have draw me away from my character being concerned.

EDIT: Yes I made an account on this scary forum just too ask.

EDIT2: New role play content has answered my curiosity.
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:35:33 AM by Prinny Baal »

Igelfeld

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 04:30:13 AM »
    You can start now.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the Forum :)
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:36:04 PM by Igelfeld »

Igelfeld

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »

The First battle

As Jack stood on the tourney field facing his opponent, and couldn’t help but gaze at the size of the crowd. He could see the King and his royal guest in their pavilion, and lords from all over Ariamis watching. A tingle of nervousness fluttered across his heart. He’d seen battle before, many times, but this was something else entirely. But to the crowd’s roared approval, the signal to begin the duel was given and as he and Fredrick stepped cautiously around one another, the nerves disappeared. He stepped in for to swing at the lord’s head - a slow swing, more to test the water than to actually strike. Sure enough, Fredrick blocked it, his form impeccable. The battle had begun. The whole world disappeared, the baying of the crowd fading away into nothing, and all Jack could hear now was the clash of swords as Frederick counterattacked and his own breathing, loud inside his helmet. Taking a blow on his shield, Jack bulled forward in an attempt to knock his opponent down but the bigger man kept his feet and Jack was forced to backpedal fast to avoid Fredrick’s retaliatory blow. Forced onto the defensive again, Jack parried another assault and grinned viciously. This was just another battle, Fredrick Gormack was just another enemy, and there was nothing else in the world. Life is good.

Crowds, they mean nothing, spectators of violence, they are a small people. The words echoed in Fredericks mind has he parried Jack's attack. "Gods, can i not get rid of you after all these years!" Fredreick though while dogding a wild swing from the youth in front of him. "I have to give him that, for what he lacks in form, he makes up weel with ferocity and eagerness" Frederick jumped back, and with a flourish stabbed after the youth, who dogded nimbly.
    A sudden, wild inspiration came to Frederick "must be the one him fighting, his youth must be infecting me" He thought as he jumped back and with a shout halted the fight. He started removing his helmet and shouted to the young man "Let's make this a show worthy of the grandest tales!" And proceded to unclasp his armour and dropping his shield, the only thing left where his underpants and his sword. His muscled body glistned in the sun as he waited for the young mans reply
    What... what on earth is he doing? Jack thought as his opponent stripped his armour off. We’re not playfighting here, these swords can kill! The young knight removed his helm and called out in confusion to his now nearly naked adversary.
    “Are you mad?”
    If this is a trick to get me off my guard, he thought, by the gods it’s working.
    I'm most definitively going mad He grinned as he waited
    I’m a swordfighter, not a boxer, thought Jack. If he’s doing this, it’s because he thinks he can win. I should just run him through and be done with it. But that’s hardly honourable. I’d be branded a coward in front of all the assembled lords of the kingdom. “We’re not common ruffians fighting over a scrap of bread,” Jack called with a hint of desperation in his voice. “Prepare yourself again, and fight me like a knight.”
    "If you will not come for me, i will come for you" Frederick grabbed his sword and dashed towards Jack "You should embrace the black abyss that is madness that is inside you" He screamed and laughed as he swung wilder and harder, all hints of any form gone
    when you meet one you deem worthy, fight him with all your might frederick grinned wider still can't ger rid of you old one. glad you forced me to learn the way of the old northerners the battle raged on, one nearly naked madman if i win because of this, i'm going to have to go into every combat like this and a bewildered Jack
    Frederick lunged after Jack, and with a forcefull strike, forced him to the ground. Standing above him with his sword on jacks throat he raised his hand vicorious.
    "You where great, but not yet good enough"
    Helping the younh man up after he yielded, Frederick raised his arm up and the crowd exploded. Must be their first time seing a nearly naked man fight
    first for me also He thought as he donned his armour and walked of the court.
    The king stands and applauds the combatants, "My my! we need to have these tournaments more often. That was a splendid duel, but Frederick if you do that in a real battle I might just kill you myself, hah!
    [/size]"Next shall be Sister Coal and Drafrick followed by Lord Swiftblade and Lord John, Lord Borriz will have a pass this round. Let all those wishing to compete prepare and be ready to engage."
    [/size]______________________
    [/size]The Nrillinthas bastards cloak sits heavily on his shoulders as Drafrick enters the grounds. Scorn is painted on the Kings face but that's nothing new, happens every time Drafrick dares to look at his granddad.
    [/size]"No pressure... heh." he mumbles to himself as his squire starts securing his armor. It's a lie and Drafrick know it. He must succeed, he must prove he's not the black sheep of his venerable family. If he fails, his days may be shorter than he would like. It wouldn't be the first time a Bastard of Nrillinthas died of mysterious circumstances. With shaking hands he grabs his broadsword.
    [/size]Sister Jane agreed to start on horseback, which suits Drafrick just fine as he's one of the better horsemen in Ariamis. But who is this sister? does she fight often? these questions race through his mind and scatter in all directions as he settles into the saddle.
    [/size]He breathes deeply and exhales slowly. His mind is quite now and he is ready.