Author Topic: But out Rathgar  (Read 28268 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: But out Rathgar
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2014, 07:42:02 AM »
ya, I was one of those .... still am actually..... being spam attacked.  Like it........ NO.  do more than grumble a bit?  NO.

Hey it is still a game and i never thought I could enjoy losing battle after battle or the fact that each one could mean my death.

But I am. I can do things with this character that I would never do otherwise.  Like sending them a letter saying that I was holding the city hostage with my big Entourage (which I find out is the smallest of them all later on, which made it even funnier). That I would starve the city into submission and demanded tribute and safe passage out.  I could just imagine the guys face when he read it.  How he must think me the total fool and I am only having fun with him. Because a man about to die can truly grow a pair..... lol

No, I simply thought you were familiar enough with the capture/death chance rate to have a reasonable expectation that you would survive and eventually escape the characters hunting you.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

kellaine

• King of D`Hara
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2014, 07:57:34 AM »

No, I simply thought you were familiar enough with the capture/death chance rate to have a reasonable expectation that you would survive and eventually escape the characters hunting you.

That is always a hope.

But to be honest I know that it is still statistically probable that I will soon be captured or killed. But alas both end the same way.

Gives me a free character to take elsewhere.  I am learning that it is not always best to have all your proverbial eggs in one basket.
Thatcher Family

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2014, 08:01:03 AM »
That is always a hope.

But to be honest I know that it is still statistically probable that I will soon be captured or killed. But alas both end the same way.

Gives me a free character to take elsewhere.  I am learning that it is not always best to have all your proverbial eggs in one basket.

I have tried to capture about 30 active characters throughout the game. I think I have managed it twice. This time there are a few more characters in play, but all it takes is either the attacked noble getting lucky with their evades, or a player or two no logging in to renew battles and boom, you are out of there. Be different perhaps when the block area feature works but right now so long as you are an active player chances are you will escape, certainly most of Valast's characters have managed to do so, as did Tan's
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
Tried to disband the scouts on a character but came up to a blank white screen.

Always report white screns with server time, please. They are incredibly easy to fix, but only if I know they happen and at what time.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2014, 01:15:34 AM »
Or when server time isn't available, it's timeline is gmt+1, so just do the math. And yes, they do DST.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
Or when server time isn't available

It usually is available, just go to a different page. It doesn't have to be split-second accurate. I just need to know where to look into a logfile of half a GB.