Author Topic: I need to get this out so I can drop it and move on . . .  (Read 1414 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
I need to get this out so I can drop it and move on . . .
« on: May 20, 2014, 01:55:42 PM »
Disclaimer: This is me venting. I need to get this out. I need to know it's seen. As much as I seem happy and everywhere, some stuff does bother me.

I do actually really enjoy this game, and am having fun, but the whole anti-IMC move pissed me off. I completely understand it from an IC perspective, and it was at least mostly justified (enough that I'd say it makes sense), but given how much we keep getting told to improve the game experience... I just need to vent.

If I've misinterpreted the point of the Rage Zone, let me know and I'll delete it, but the description says: "If something about the game really gets you angry, please post here where it's ok to rage". If this turns into anything besides my rant and thought provoking discussion thereafter, I give whoever full authority to remove it from the face of the information super highway.

So....

[RANT]

Seriously, Tom? WTF? I mean, really? You keep telling us not to ruin the game for new players, and make more enjoyable and keep the experience interesting. So what do you do? You completely shit on me for trying to abide by the retarded trade costs and trying to make inter-realm trade happen. That's the entire damn point I went there! I even specifically made an effort not to shit on new players. It took me an actual week and a half of negotiating just to get them to agree!

Do you have any idea the trade costs between Thederney and Duskport with a merchant!? 47%! FOURTY-SEVEN PERCENT. It gets worse between Thederny and Port Tempus. That's an outrageous 100%+! I'm certain Borollet would've shaved a little bit off of that, but not enough to make those trades anywhere near a level that could actually be feasible. Atleast not from any of the isles to the mainland. Maybe there's a reason every time it comes up I keep saying that you need to figure out a way to re-evaluate overseas trade! For the record, I've never gotten a response on it either.

I went to that isle specifically so I could actually get trade between realms actually happening at a price people might accept, and then the moment I start getting it setup, BY A CHARACTER THATS NOT EVEN IN THE DAMN FADING ISLES NO LESS, High King Lasar shits on the entire damn thing. Not just that isle, but EVERY SINGLE MEMBER IN THE ENTIRE DAMN REALM.

And the best part? You completely ignored the "cursed" people in your own realm. What kind of bullshit is that?! Shouldn't a king know what his own subjects are doing before he decides to poke the neighbors? Especially the new ones that have been wreaking havoc amongst your own vassals?!

Also, I'm curious. How did a character with no realm affiliation, who started on the mainland, come to field 60 soliders in 3 weeks? Because I'm certainly wondering how they just randomly showed up on my doorstep.

For the record, there are precisely three active players actually part of the IMC (Including the Tempus guild). 90% of that entire realm is me. NINETY PERCENT. Trading right now, is boring. Right now, it's completely abusable. Right now, the one guy who was trying to atleast make trade a thing, just got shut down.

I'll be lucky if I have any other players after the one guy I might've gotten to take over the entire Fading Isles operation got told that, if captured, he's to be hung and burnt. Then again, he probably quit last week.

[/RANT]

*deep breath in*

*deep breath out*

Alright, with that out my system, I do actually like the fact that Tom plays, and atleast a couple of his characters are well known. It makes it clear he has a presence in the game he plays. Please don't stop Tom! Pwease???

That said, I have serious concerns about the level of IC/OoC coordination it would take for a brand new character to magically have 6 meidum and heavy, around 30 archers, and around 25 light infantry, if they've never been affiliated with a realm in the three weeks of their existence. Also, I'm curious as to how they got off the mainland, and how the High King of the Isles, or anyone else from the isles would've contacted them. More so, when the only person that's so much as raised an interest in acting the the King's wishes, seems quite displeased that I've gone military on him.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: I need to get this out so I can drop it and move on . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »
The whole situation definitely exploded much faster and much, much bigger than I had anticipated.

I was expecting totally different reactions, some military actions against the IMC, a few people ousted from positions and then a diplomatic solution. Or maybe IMC being kicked off the islands and instead moving to the mainland, with secretive contacts on the isles for trade.

But, as mentioned elsewhere, I apparently unknowingly stung up several existing conspiracies, internal politics and mercenary/raider operations. It's actually fun, and a strong reminder about how little in control I actually am.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »
There may or may not have been an agreement between half of the second-level FI leadership to severely limit the actual authority of the High King. The reason it took so long to come to fruition was because we could never agree on how to far to take it. When we did, there was some coordination required on make the realm levels match up so we could pull it off. Hence the topics about adding tiers and merging realms. Those were about a week and a half ago. The only things we may have had left were fixing the problem of a march in Iuna (inactive characters... can we PLEASE make them go rogue after so long? PLEASES?! Or something atleast? I don't like killing them off.) and getting all together in one spot.

Then this happened.

Yeah.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »
@Andrew

This is exactly what this part of the forum is for and you handled it elquently so dont stress.  As for the situation, well, welcome to Rathgar ;)  As founders and committed players we just have to roll with the punches and continue the thread IG which you are really good at.  I think you handled the whole situation really well.