Author Topic: Today in the Fading Isles...  (Read 6024 times)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Re: Today in the Fading Isles...
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
Yeah, it's unfair. Unfair is good, it creates emotions, which created long-standing feuds. I'm a bit disappointed in the same stupid UN-lets-all-be-nice-and-fair-to-each-other spirit showing up in FI now. WTF? I thought everyone would jump at the opportunity of finally having a war target. :-(

We're already fighting amongst each other Tom. As De-Legro has pointed out, the White Company has been attacking Red Forest with surprising success. So don't go accusing us of stuff that just plain isn't true.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:36 AM »
We're already fighting amongst each other Tom. As De-Legro has pointed out, the White Company has been attacking Red Forest with surprising success. So don't go accusing us of stuff that just plain isn't true.

Yes all the IMC banishment is likely to do is restrict the avenues Red Forest have for assistance. Which works for the White Company I guess. Sooner Red Forest agree to terms the sooner they can find a new contract.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Likely to? I had just dispatched around 150 soldiers to go help out red forest. Now I'm preparing for a war of my own.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »

Yeah, I'm speaking in general. There are two large islands in FI that have nothing to do with that small war.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
I wonder what Prydhain and Ras Igilgili will do now that Iuna has seceded. I know what everyone else will do.
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm speaking in general. There are two large islands in FI that have nothing to do with that small war.

Give me time. Alexios's madness can only spread so fast and it takes time to make people truly hate him.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
So, Tom, I've been meaning to ask, is their still a rule saying we can't kick you off your throne?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »
So, Tom, I've been meaning to ask, is their still a rule saying we can't kick you off your throne?

No, because I've got a sub-realm of my own (Retreat). I'd ask that you don't take that away from me, because without it I can't test ruler functionalities.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »
Duly noted. Next question, does Jason have a successor? In case it gets that far.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:50:28 PM by Andrew »

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »
Duly noted. Next question, does Jason have a successor? In case it gets that far.

He has a much softer and more diplomatic daughter. I'm surprised you haven't met her, because she's been touring the islands for many weeks.

Andrew

• Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 07:31:59 PM »
I'm surprised too. She never made it to Iungard, and probably not Iuna at all. I think she passed through Katamont once... But that's on Three Count.

Not that would it matter. Per the back story I've given him, Calinus has been on the isles about as long as Jason has, or at least longer than any of the other first ones presently there (i.e., before the war of the gods and the commoners were made, though he doesn't originate there). This would mean that he would already be quite familiar with her. How familiar depends when Andrew and Jason first met though.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48:31 PM »
We can flesh that out, but I don't have as much time to put into proper roleplays as others, so from my side I will always try to respond, but it might be short and more re- than pro-active.

But I'm enjoying this a lot, though it does hurt me a little that too few people are unquestioningly loyal simply because they are supposed to. We need to drive the concept of fealty home more into players, I think.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »
We can flesh that out, but I don't have as much time to put into proper roleplays as others, so from my side I will always try to respond, but it might be short and more re- than pro-active.

But I'm enjoying this a lot, though it does hurt me a little that too few people are unquestioningly loyal simply because they are supposed to. We need to drive the concept of fealty home more into players, I think.

Ah, but I believe there is a difference in fealty of a lord to a duke, and a duke to a king.

Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »
Heads of realms don't owe fealty to anyone, as the game mechanics have it.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »

Ahh um, part of the problem might be you stumbled across an existing conspiracy. Forced our hand and accelerated our plans you might say.