Author Topic: The White Company  (Read 7281 times)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Re: The White Company
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 11:36:52 PM »
They should be, who is your character?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 12:57:18 AM »
What do you mean you see the white company? You see their internal realm messages? There are a few members of your protectorate (realm) that are also part if the White Company, due to titles that have not been revoked. However your oath should be to a specific realm that your. Lord belongs to, and messages from related realms not directly in the hierarchy should not be visible.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
I am guessing all the russian sounding names are those that have left the White Company but haven't had their titles revoked?

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2014, 01:25:07 AM »
I am guessing all the russian sounding names are those that have left the White Company but haven't had their titles revoked?

Yes that would be correct I believe, without checking the full list of White Company members.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »
Slowly taking back all the settlements that are held by either Thomas or inactives. Then I will create some more knight offers.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 05:27:03 AM »
Looks like things are up for the White Company, we seem to have received a contract request, though no terms have been given yet.  Yay!

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »
I don't know why someone leaves 90-some militia behind when they plan to be a raider and probably won't have large source of recruits for a while....  ::)

Anyways, we're going to have to basically take out most of the garrison before we can even think about trying a takeover.

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
I don't know why someone leaves 90-some militia behind when they plan to be a raider and probably won't have large source of recruits for a while....  ::)

Anyways, we're going to have to basically take out most of the garrison before we can even think about trying a takeover.

Because my character has a refined sense of honour (I personally commanded 75% of the White Company's troops at some point, having two garrisons with 100+ and a third with 50) and I wanted to leave you in operational status. As a result I only took 60 mediocre troops telling myself that Thomas just walked through the barracks stating his new plans and only those who wanted to joined him. Only those personally loyal to him and those adventurous enough joined.

Now those 60 guys are being horribly slaughtered because I tried to raid a town during my exam period (I check this game once every few study breaks) and find myself being battle-spammed into oblivion because screw having 60 people outrun 170 people.

The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
A. Your fault for attacking a very, very active realm with multiple players.

B. You didn't give us permissions that would enable us to remove the militia, so now we're stuck fighting them. All 90 of them. So they're being wasted anyways.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »
A. Heh

B. Those permissions don't work yet.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
A) There's no sign hovering over the Linthian Plains stating it is active. Thereby, the only reason you actually caught me is because I didn't leave when I should have due to real life. Anyhow, I don't mind you guys winning at all. It's a risk I took. The only thing that bugs me is the total impossibilty of me escaping/winning.

B) With the mustered troops you already had performing a take over over that region should've been possible within a respectful amount of days, preserving the troops. It was your choice from there on how to handle the situation. Thereby, permissiong around moving militia don't work anyways. It took me 1.5 RL weeks to take over the 90 militia town with 60-ish soldiers if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Andrew, ninja'd me basically.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »
A) There's no sign hovering over the Linthian Plains stating it is active. Thereby, the only reason you actually caught me is because I didn't leave when I should have due to real life. Anyhow, I don't mind you guys winning at all. It's a risk I took. The only thing that bugs me is the total impossibilty of me escaping/winning.

B) With the mustered troops you already had performing a take over over that region should've been possible within a respectful amount of days, preserving the troops. It was your choice from there on how to handle the situation. Thereby, permissiong around moving militia don't work anyways. It took me 1.5 RL weeks to take over the 90 militia town with 60-ish soldiers if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Andrew, ninja'd me basically.

So far as I have experienced, when the battle completes you will move? Or does the movement tick happen before the combat tick? If escape is too easy then we have the converse problem, people complaining they can't properly defend their regions because evading is too easy.

Velrun

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2014, 12:02:03 AM »

You attacked the ONE place I told you (I'm the ruler of Sanctuary) to negotiate with and not attack. Not only have you now lost the majority of your personal force, you have probably ended the chance that we could have come to an arrangement with Lord Orion for further troops. Perhaps my message was not entirely clear though and you though I meant to attack him.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2014, 12:05:06 AM »
Oh, I fotgot you said that. Shit. Oh well. Oops.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:07:30 AM by Roran Hawkins »

Velrun

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »
Oh, I fotgot you said that. Shit. Oh well. Oops.

No matter, I will try and spin it as demonstration of our abilities first hand :)