Author Topic: Hawks  (Read 1268 times)

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
Hawks
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:51 AM »
I didn't see a thread for the county Hawks of Fading Isles, so I decided to go ahead and make one. Please feel free to discuss.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hawks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:41:44 AM »
I am unsure of what should be posted here on the Forum and what should be left to be found in game? Really I need to make more time to populate the wiki with some of the Hawks back story and its history in the game so far.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
I am unsure of what should be posted here on the Forum and what should be left to be found in game? Really I need to make more time to populate the wiki with some of the Hawks back story and its history in the game so far.

Alternatively, just send me your brain and I'll pick it accordingly :D
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 05:51:05 AM »
Wow been a long time since anyone posted Hawk news. We have been quiet since our last war with Sartain. Supposedly many of our member states were reforming/reorganising but very little seems to have occured on those fronts. Some long time but little contribution players finally seem to be slumbering opening up some important land for a revitalisation effort. The core realms of our war machine remain so that is something.

Currently we have a stack of characters from new accounts spawning in slumbering regions, joining the realm and then taking regions by stealth. I was ignoring it while the scale was small, but can no longer do so. I had hoped the new players would post something, anything to the realm, but it would seem the Hawk banner is just something for them to use, so they are being called out and our forces moving to enact the Emperors will.

Ehndras

• Urist Tarzath, Emperor of the Children of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 07:28:12 AM »
Folks are doing that all over the world.

For the record, hello from Olympia. Just quietly reclaiming the island y'all took from me when I slumbered, which I am now taking from your slumbering. :P At least, I think its Hawks? Or is that Sarantium... Either way, yoink.
Mors Principium Est - Death is only the beginning

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 11:11:56 PM »
Folks are doing that all over the world.

For the record, hello from Olympia. Just quietly reclaiming the island y'all took from me when I slumbered, which I am now taking from your slumbering. :P At least, I think its Hawks? Or is that Sarantium... Either way, yoink.

We have not controlled the island in a long time. If I recall correctly Hawks granted your previous characters the right to the island just before you slumbered. Sarantium was indeed the last to hold it. There was talk between Hawks and Grand Fate about kicking mainlanders off the island, but we never got to it.

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 12:18:29 AM »
Heh. I had a feeling such talks would eventually occur.

Though, to be fair, allowing other nations in the isles would be a boon for inter-realm communication and intrigue. It was a little dream of mine.

Seems Azharod of the Tempest Isles plans to re-found Arrakesh as some sort of Phoenixian Empire. Huh. Alekhsandr, the old ruler-by-proxy of the island on which Olympia resides, which Azharod calls the "Isle of Tempest", now resides in the Kenos Republic.

Magnus, formerly an Archon of Vesperia in old Archonian Dominate, now Sarantium, has set up the Black Order of the Southern Reach.

Lysandra Gault-More has set-up some random Black Order areas up north, and plunged into the Totarian Kingdom to take an independent settlement as well.

The rest, well, they're off doing their thing.

I see Agrippa is still alive and kicking! Glad to see that. Would've been a shame to lose him, as so many other meaningful characters have come and gone.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 01:55:01 AM »
It doesn't really do anything for communications, just as having mainland holdings for the Island nation has done little to increase communications. Communication sucks enough within realms that have automatic options. Anything beyond that tends to only exist sporadically

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 02:03:43 AM »
Mere location doesn't matter.

Its the people residing and interacting there which actually matter.

You know those people who live somewhere for 15 years and don't even know who their neighbors are?

...Yeah. Those types aren't useful in these situations.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:31:42 PM »
Some realms just send envoys to neighbours. Maybe try that instead of occupying their territory? :)

Ehndras

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »
Less fun that way :) Always figures the isles would be great if each island was a single kingdom, and not a super-realm.

This game really punishes small realms due to the communication system. Hell, its the only reason I'd ever bother with a huge realm. Id rather see multiple small realms.

Constantine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
This game really punishes small realms due to the communication system.
Word

Dystopian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
Sneaky bastards in the south...  8)