Author Topic: The Kingdom of Ascalon  (Read 15028 times)

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
The Kingdom of Ascalon
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »
Here I present you the thread of the Kingdom of Ascalon, currently one of the largest Kingdoms around and situated along the Bakavis River and the Finger.

The kingdom of Ascalon in-game.
The kingdom of Ascalon on the wiki.

Finally there is a thread for OOC discussion about everything that goes on concerning the Kingdom.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Ascalon
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:11:41 PM »
We are looking for new players to join our realm. There are inactive holdings that will be redistributed and new lands to the North-West that will be claimed, and need new rulers soon. There will be knight offers placed to enable one to do so soon.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 12:40:41 AM »
Wow, such reply. Much Response.

In any case, I'm going to shake up my realm and find an excuse to use my soldiers and create a claimant to my own throne. Beware!

kellaine

• King of D`Hara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:24:35 AM »
Wow, such reply. Much Response.

In any case, I'm going to shake up my realm and find an excuse to use my soldiers and create a claimant to my own throne. Beware!

I have the perfect use for your soldiers!!!!

D`Hara wants to get a hold of you and seek your aide against the Imperium.

But not sure who to talk to
Thatcher Family

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 02:17:05 AM »
Actually, let's take this IC, and see if you succeed at convincing us. A diplomat of Ascalon just sent a message to your Queen.

kellaine

• King of D`Hara
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »
Thank you.

He was a bit confusing in the way he spoke. I hope I got it right

Thatcher Family

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 03:15:45 AM »
The claimant is gathering not as much support as he hoped, but gained some empathy from other nobles after his assassination attempt on the Ascalonian King failed, and the city guard commenced a wild chase through Arescod after him. He has been wounded, and two of his three culprits have been slain. The situation looks dire for our claimant, but he has refused to surrender and charged into the fray once more.

Regardless, now the Kingdom is finally getting a bit more organized we can slowly start looking abroad and begin participating in international politics. We've had a lot of trouble with inactive players, and we're still looking for fresh blood to fill up the spots. (I'm looking at you, person leaning on one arm, staring at this screen!)

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 11:48:59 PM »
Ascalon's king converted to the Trinity and married Margaretha of Fenwald. Huzzah!

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 03:02:05 AM »
Civil war it is then! Sadly this civil war is caused by OOC miscommunication to to one of our dukes being less familiar with the English language as far as I know, but it's something exciting nevertheless. It's also a great way to see how other realms will react to it. Let's hope, (for me, yay) that they will respect Ascalon's authority and not directly interfere with the rebellion.

von Murodore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »
Excellent!  Personally, I think internal strife is very fun.  Hope it turns out to be an interesting development, nice to see the big guys fight themselves.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 12:42:55 AM »
Excellent!  Personally, I think internal strife is very fun.  Hope it turns out to be an interesting development, nice to see the big guys fight themselves.

Hopefully it doesn't result in players leaving like the last major civil war did.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 01:36:21 AM »
Hopefully it doesn't result in players leaving like the last major civil war did.

I don't intend to leave, even if I lose, but I have this eery feeling that because of factors I don't know the entirety of Ascalon will just end up being splattered beyond repair, as happened before. We already know that at least two large external realms are probably supporting the rebels, and we haven't had any response from our allies so far.

At enemy players reading this, don't use this IC'ly please. Keep OOC and IC separated please.

PanH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 01:38:49 AM »

I don't intend to leave, even if I lose, but I have this eery feeling that because of factors I don't know the entirety of Ascalon will just end up being splattered beyond repair, as happened before. We already know that at least two large external realms are probably supporting the rebels, and we haven't had any response from our allies so far.

At enemy players reading this, don't use this IC'ly please. Keep OOC and IC separated please.
My god. Now I'm just understanding what happened IC earlier.
Can we have more OOC info ? I don't know everything about the situation, but it may require it.

Roran Hawkins

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »
Well the rebellion started because the player of the rebels misunderstood the sanctions we intended to act against her for suspicions of treatury, which is a bit sad but whatever. We have a conflict and that's pretty cool. So far we know that they have unnatural amounts of troops already, supplied earler by what they called a clan from the North. We have also spotted a Westernesse noble near their capital and we have spotted a Lakehold/Imperium noble waltse through our realm earlier (but we only spotted him the moment the war was declared so we had no time to ask him what he was doing)

May I ask you why you need this information? Forgive me for feeling suspicious of being 'used' to tap IC information from. What is this you're talking about?

PanH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 03:36:32 AM »
I was asked to help, and I'd rather not one side hasn't an overwhelming force compared to the other. There might be a lot of people involved, though I'm at a rather far end. He'd be good if it's overdone by both side. It's kinda hard to see how much one should get involved, because I have no idea how many players there is on either side.

Edit : If this is not clear, I know that several clans of Rathgar have been asked for help, and it'd be good not to end in total war. I'm saying this for OOC reasons.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:47:00 AM by PanH »