Author Topic: Introducing Ayrith  (Read 3579 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Ayrith
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
The minute a palisade is built, you can't take the settlement over until you enter. If you have militia behind that palisade, you can't enter without attacking to bully your way in. Build palisades everywhere and problem solved  8)

Yeah we did. Thing is characters can have troops you know, often more then the militia. In this case since the White Company are both new and deployed it take theme time to mobilise a defense force. At least they hadn't the rather generous permissions that my own settlements have, since the attacker is part of Fading Isles he could have directly entered.

Also without trade there are plenty of settlements that can't actually support a palisade. Not that their loss is generally all the significant.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Gustav Kuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »

Starbad Eguro is the one randomly attacking everyone. This player attacking the White Company lost his settlement to Starbad and has his family in the regions attacked by the White Company under mercenary work. He's simply retaliating, which is sad.

Starbad is the one I'm talking about.... dear lord I understand the other guy.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 05:56:06 PM »
The minute a palisade is built, you can't take the settlement over until you enter. If you have militia behind that palisade, you can't enter without attacking to bully your way in. Build palisades everywhere and problem solved  8)

Or just have militia. Just 10 or so troops will delay a take action so much you should have time to swing by and say hello.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 04:46:50 AM »
Or just have militia. Just 10 or so troops will delay a take action so much you should have time to swing by and say hello.
Yes I think in people's excitement to join the current "war" they may have depleted thier militia too much.

Igelfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 08:12:50 AM »

Yeah, but if you can't make it in time, then all the sudden those ten militia are fighting against you. In Ariamis we have a few random "unaffiliated" (we know where they are from) nobles running around trying to attack, claim settlements, and take the stationed militia to continue their raids. I am trying to build palisades, but until those are completed, the most logical course of action so far has been to seriously limit the number of militia. Especially since takeover's aren't displayed on the map.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »

Yeah, but if you can't make it in time, then all the sudden those ten militia are fighting against you. In Ariamis we have a few random "unaffiliated" (we know where they are from) nobles running around trying to attack, claim settlements, and take the stationed militia to continue their raids. I am trying to build palisades, but until those are completed, the most logical course of action so far has been to seriously limit the number of militia. Especially since takeover's aren't displayed on the map.

I alway love when people "know" things. The Storm Brothers were sponsored by me, back when the Hawks had hoped to set up colony on the mainland. They ranged around lands we took causing strife while we consolidated. The Litrintai (I think that is right) out a stop to their actions and my plans. The last two of my own character in that band died two days ago in the north of the federation. I know some travelled as far south as Hammerhold. A few went north to Rathgar but I have not had contact with them for a while, and now with my own dead I have no way to contact them. I'm sure though that is exactly what you knew right. I do hope they kept up the RP of being driven like a storm. The important thing to remember there is even the greatest storm dies out. They were devised against independent and scattered holdings. My own characters were never able to cause damage to any half way organised realm. I did hear off one player that he had some success against those whom either tried to run too many settlements with one character, or who expanded to quickly without though to proper infrastructure.

The Brotherhood never had serious troops, rabble and unarmed militia. Even against small three and four men militia my forces of ten would need upwards of 12 hours for a takeover of even modest settlements. The only way I found to take settlements fast enough to avoid the owners was to attack the settlement, after which I generally lost more troops then I earned.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:55:37 AM by De-Legro »

Huntsmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
I alway love when people "know" things. The Storm Brothers were sponsored by me, back when the Hawks had hoped to set up colony on the mainland. They ranged around lands we took causing strife while we consolidated. The Litrintai (I think that is right) out a stop to their actions and my plans.

So you're saying that the Litrintai Federation *is* the reason that the Storm came south, but not for the reason that Ariamis thinks? I love it.

henyr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »

I alway love when people "know" things. The Storm Brothers were sponsored by me, back when the Hawks had hoped to set up colony on the mainland. 

Continuing the derailing of this thread, I am glad to hear it was the Hawks sponsoring the Storms.  I had my suspicions that the Fading Isles were responsible as the Citadel of Storms was given to Tempest by a member of the Hawks.  Regardless, it has been in the interests of Ariamis to blame Litranti anyway.

Igelfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 12:20:14 AM »
I alway love when people "know" things.

OH! fair enough. I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's not what I knew. hah!

I'll put it this way then. I have a supported assumption about who (one of?) the other player(s?) is who still has a storm brother running around Ariamis, and honestly I don't hate them as much as I did anymore. They've proven quite useful in unifying Ariamis against a common foe.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 01:52:56 AM »

OH! fair enough. I'll admit when I'm wrong. That's not what I knew. hah!

I'll put it this way then. I have a supported assumption about who (one of?) the other player(s?) is who still has a storm brother running around Ariamis, and honestly I don't hate them as much as I did anymore. They've proven quite useful in unifying Ariamis against a common foe.

So far as I know, the player that controls at least one of the living Storm Brothers (Cyclone) actually plays in Ariamis. Hurricane I think is from EI. I never knew who controlled Squal.