Author Topic: Development News  (Read 1191 times)

Alumaani

• View Profile
Development News
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »
Yes exactly, its a completely different game but has some good concepts that could be added to M&F without diluting its originality.  I am looking forward to the further developments and think it would help with retention if  you occasionally posted some of your long term plans or aspirations in more detail as it may throw up some great brainstorming ahead of implementation.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Development News
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:52:32 AM »
I split this off - I'd like to share more of my thoughts, but in a more organized fashion.

Does anyone feel like organising something like a monthly IRC event for dev questions or something like that?

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
We can have a monthly thread everyone in the forum can participate in, then after some days of active Q&A it closes.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »
I'm totally not against ripping off Dwarf Fortress's "Future of the Fortress" series, where questions about where the game is going get answered on a semi-regular basis. I don't know how frequently it'd have to be done though, or how many questions wouldn't simply get answered before that time frame. It'd have to have some rules, becuase a lot of simpler things would just get answered in the forum.
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tan dSerrai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
I like the idea of 'the future of M&F' suggestion.

Personally I would prefer it to be a forum thread (as I seldom manage to be on irc in time...I forget, am not at the computer or something else intrudes...)....moderated if possible so that it is not derailed 6 times daily.

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »
I agree with Tan, im never able to stick to logging in at a particular time, normally work and kids dictate my accessibility.