Author Topic: Rathgar clan battle tradition for dominance.  (Read 9266 times)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Rathgar clan battle tradition for dominance.
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »
Quite some time ago, before Rathgar became a concern, I wrote about the map display and how it would benefit the game if it wasn't just the top-tier realms, so that others don't just see a united blob.

I'm thinking that if I want to leave it to players anyways, I might offer it based on the levels - because those are player-selected.

So yes, a view "empires", "kingdoms", "duchies", etc. might be cool.

Tali

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »
So yes, a view "empires", "kingdoms", "duchies", etc. might be cool.

Extremely cool. Right now what I do is try to find someone with a connection to the other realm (sometimes in a message group, sometimes in a family line, sometimes nearby), click on realm details, look at the map, then subrealms, look at map, compare, try to remember where that was again, back to the larger realm details... Anyway a bit of work. :P
Kallergis family. | House Bluelake on BM.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »
First attempts at those views will be in the next update.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2014, 12:13:32 PM »
cool.
I think it will be helpful to see the separate parts of an empire rather than just the single big huge empire.

Mookzen

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Good work on getting the map options in so fast, the 'realm blob' not being the default view already improves the situation immensely, however I think there is a fundamental problem with using the 'classifications' that exist in the game as map view options. Considering we can assign any of the types to our realm, people just pick what sounds 'cool' and probably don't even know what the difference is between them and at the very least provide no consistency as a group.

This many options of, essentially, a meaningless type just creates confusion as the realms shows under any of these have no pattern apart from the designation chosen by the leader. It seems to me that the library options of 'all realms of the world', 'second-level realms' and 'major realms of the world' are the good options that ought to be on the map view. Why would we want a library then in its current interpretation ? Well, all I know is that those exact views would be a much better choice for the main map view gameplay design wise instead of the semi-meaningless categories, unless those categories were merged at least partly. Why not stick to the first, second and 'all the rest' realm levels in the hierarchy, that approach is so clear and resistant to players messing with it that it's almost beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:33:08 PM by Mookzen »