Author Topic: supply limits  (Read 8969 times)

Bubba

Re: supply limits
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
I can simultaneously train lots of recruits at Lakehold, but in the time it takes me to train 40+ heavy troops, I wouldn't be able to equipment 3/4 of them.

As a comparison, around 20% of my troops are outfitted how I want. It's a common problem everywhere.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »

As a comparison, around 20% of my troops are outfitted how I want. It's a common problem everywhere.

It is, however, an intentional problem. Might & Fealty is not a game where all your troops rund around with Carbon Nanotube Armour and Laser Swords Lightsabers just because you unlocked the High-Tech research lab and the Jedi Academy. Even if you have the capabilities, outfitting a big unit of heavy cavalry has throughout history been a major undertaking.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:00:14 PM by Tom »

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
I quite like the restrictions and difficulties in advancing my troops and knowing that if I take a village which has been optimised for infantry advancement then the player I took it from is fubar unles he has other options.  It adds a realistic flavour for me that supply of weapons and armour is not a mass production certainty once a certain building is constructed.  If you consider that whole batches of arrow heads, armour and swords were ruined due to poor materials in many medieval conflicts it allows for this as a consideration even if it is not intentional.