Author Topic: Karma  (Read 2408 times)

Alumaani

• View Profile
Hi guys, not quite might and fealty stuff but can anyone tell me what the Karma points are in relation to?  Im presuming good and bad actions but I seem to be picking up negative clicks today and can't figure out why as I haven't posted anything contrary.

Finton

• Erstes Imperium
    • View Profile
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
You haven't posted anything contrary today. No saying someone, or people, didn't read a post you made a day or week ago and thought "What a muppet" or something to that effect. Karma is just like a clap for something good and a boo for something bad. Most people don't do either I've found. I'm more inclined to + but I'm still a bit stingy either direction.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
The problem with the Karma system is if someone takes a dislike to you for whatever reason, they can down vote you at will. So I wouldn't read too much into getting "smote". It would appear that there are at least a few people that think the Karma system is a fun game to play with as well.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Bubba

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »
In lieu of any recent posts that could cause disapproval, probably people don't like your large domain size in-game, so they come to the forum and ding you down. They'll do that. You can tell in other threads and other questions recently that there's some repressed resentment of us... well-endowed... folks. It's probably that simple. It's impossible to derive sensible lessons from something as anonymous and random as the forum karma.

The best way to combat negative karma is to rack up so much of it that would-be trolls realise that they are but a single meaningless grain of sand in the mountain of disapprobation that you've accumulated. This makes them go emo and spend the rest of the day questioning the futility of their short brutish lives.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
In lieu of any recent posts that could cause disapproval, probably people don't like your large domain size in-game, so they come to the forum and ding you down. They'll do that. You can tell in other threads and other questions recently that there's some repressed resentment of us... well-endowed... folks. It's probably that simple. It's impossible to derive sensible lessons from something as anonymous and random as the forum karma.

The best way to combat negative karma is to rack up so much of it that would-be trolls realise that they are but a single meaningless grain of sand in the mountain of disapprobation that you've accumulated. This makes them go emo and spend the rest of the day questioning the futility of their short brutish lives.

That could well be true. I've not looked that far north on the map but has anyone player really got a fiefdom large enough to cause problems?

Bubba

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLL!

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
12 estates, that is hardly an excessive amount to be holding. Unless you somehow blocked someone's planned expansion I can't see that being an issue. Perhaps Finton is correct and someone has read some old posts, though I can't recall any of your post being of a nature that deserves negative Karma.

Finton

• Erstes Imperium
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
I can't either, but its all subjective. If you want to - someone for making an argument you don't agree with, or for making an argument you agree with badly, you can. If you just think they're trying to be irritating or frustrating (eg. Bastur), you can - them. But you can - for any other reason you fancy too and I don't have a problem with that. Its as relevant to the discussion you're taking part in as your post count. Its indicitive of what impact you've made that people have either thought Good Job or wtf, but nothing more. Ultimately, don't take it too personally either direction  8)

Ps. Nooooooo! Not another -1!

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
Im pretty sure i don't insult people on here and my holdings expanded by 2 just today for the simple reason that I have no wood.  I asked just to be slotted in and didnt really think about resources, etc and ended up in a situation where my production is obstructed by a severe lack of that particular resource for me.  Plus I can't go inwards as I have a player at my back whos regions I don't want to infringe upon or segment.

I suppose that being a man who likes to discuss negativity face to face as well as one that is in high favour of open discussion to resolve situations the negative Karma thing just feels a little bit 'sneaky'.  In my opinion, the culprit should attempt open discourse before they make a judgement as it really urks me to be honest.  Silly really when it's just a few pixels on a screen, displaying the forum for a game, but im just being honest and open.  :o

Alumaani

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
Oh and by the way, if the -'s are for expansion and you look at my regions and see battles, im not taking over anywhere, Im simply reaving, but if anyone objects just let me know openly and if its against the rules im happy to stop!

;D