Author Topic: Message System  (Read 1051 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Message System
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:39:56 AM »
So... I've got my shiny one day old characters and I'm poking around and noticed that I am participating in one conversation, because someone sent a message after I became part of the Fading Isles. So I go into the Conversations Overview which informs me that I'm part of The Fading Isles topic and that there are 23 messages that are part of this. I then click the topic title "The Fading Isles" to see all the messages I can see, which is precisely 1. That message being the one sent after I joined.

I can however see that there are 3 sub-topics, with 7, 21, and 8 messages respectively. But I can't see anything that's a part of those conversations. I understand the logic, not being able to see things that weren't sent to me, as I wasn't part of the realm yet, but why even inform me of their existence then? I click on the sub-topics and it loads up nothing because I wasn't on the to list, but on the flipside, why give me something to click that looks like it should do something if it doesn't do anything?
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
Re: Message System
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »
Yes, that's a bit about the new messaging system that is still lacking. It's done this way because counting the messages in total is so much easier than those you have access to.

If you know PHP, you can actually help improving the messaging system, because I've made it available under GPL license:
https://github.com/tvogt/msgbundle