Author Topic: The Duchy of Prydhain  (Read 1759 times)

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
The Duchy of Prydhain
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
The Lords of Prydhain call all noble warriors of true character to Dinas Llong at the mouth of the Talotorn, there to gain arms and the right to mete justice in the name of Duke Rhodri and High King Jason.

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
Re: The Duchy of Prydhain
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »
I'm pushing growth in our capital Dinas Llong so that we'll have some decent troops in training by the end of the GS.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:09:39 PM »
The Lands of the Hawk can currently produce medium infantry armed with swords. Our goal is to increase our capacity to produce this level of troops to our entire holdings.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:28 PM »
This evening I'll be able to train archers and tomorrow the armorer and weaponsmith will be competed, after which I'll start building a barracks and put extra workers on the docks and the bridge over the Talotorn.

I've put two knight offers up so with luck I'll get a couple of vassals eager to colonise the northern half of the island once we have players joining. The north is all virgin territory and as the south advances it should be possible to funnel extra resources to support settlement.

I also have two other settlements under active development (Whitburgh and Hajellar) which should grow pretty fast once Dinas Llong's established. These along with the royal enclave of Bonrick and perhaps one other region will be the principle towns on the south of the island, so once the north is also settled there should be space for ten major settlements. Hopefully two or three of these towns will develop into full-blown cities.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »
Barracks will be completed in 3-5 in game days. Weapon smith and armorer are complete already. At this stage I don't plan for my holdings to make much if any use of cavalry or longbows so this settlement has probably tapped its military infrastructure for a while. My other regions are no so well advanced. Two can make basic troops, the other 2 are unable to produce troops at all and are in need of some serious food assistance at any rate.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:14:44 PM »
If anyone wants to take my settlements, I'll be happy to give them up, because after the Guided Start I intend for the High King and his family to withdraw to the small island south-west of the straights that is still locked at the moment.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
If anyone wants to take my settlements, I'll be happy to give them up, because after the Guided Start I intend for the High King and his family to withdraw to the small island south-west of the straights that is still locked at the moment.

While one of them is on my island, my holdings are on the other side of the island.

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

I'll send Rhodri south to Bonrick to take control and see if I can beef it up a bit ready for someone else to take over later.

feyeleanor

• View Profile
    • Clan Dubhaine
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
The Fade (Duchy) of Prydhain is now established south of the Talotorn river on the central island and the first newcomer has crossed the river to settle the northern forests.

My focus so far has been on building up basic infrastructure in the larger settlements with the intention of having four or five of these. Along the west coast there's a northern european culture with viking gloss that's established as the sub-realm of The Western Approaches which could develop a sort of Manx/Western Isles feel whilst the rest currently has a central european culture under an Irish/British aristocracy. I'll be splitting off additional sub-realms once the rest of the south is settled.

Two knight offers have so far been accepted and [size=78%]Dinas Llong will have 16 light infantry (spear, leather, shield) ready tomorrow evening with our first medium infantry (spear, scale, short sword) ready by the weekend. Archers will follow later along with some light cavalry.[/size]