Author Topic: Ongoing Statistics  (Read 52829 times)

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
Re: Ongoing Statistics
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
Speaking of maps, Tom, when's a good time to get the map data?
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
Speaking of maps, Tom, when's a good time to get the map data?

Soon. Can you remind me which details by mail - everything on the forum is very fleeting for me.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
Desipite the upheaval it caused, the recent bugfix to militia productivity had exactly the effect that it was always designed to have, just wish this had happened months ago, when it should have worked. Look at this - more mobile troops, less militia, but no general disarmament. People go and fight wars!

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »
I think that once the double nerf of less productive militia and the economic security fix was corrected the effects were not as devastating, i think only 3-4 of my settlements "crashed" the rest just took a week or two to stabilize at a lower level.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »
What is the current active number of players?

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2016, 08:46:01 AM »
After reaching a high point of just over 500, it is now back down to 382. There was a large number of people joining in the last months of 2015, and unsurprisingly not everyone decided to continue playing so they are now going into slumber. It's too early to say if in total much remains from that boost or not.

Dorian

• Playing since 2015.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2016, 08:49:56 AM »
Perhaps it would be crucial to statistically know how many of those that mass-joined in the last quarter of 2015 is slumbered and how many actively play in order to determine the retention rate, which I feel is still too low. But that is a subjective opinion based only on areas I have characters in.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2016, 09:26:25 AM »
Yes, retention rate is low. I tell myself that is normal in games with trial accounts. That is what trials are for.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
I think that the retention rate lowers due to the "slow pace" of the game over all.
People might log on thinking this is another tribal wars game or similar, but then not like the "peace time" lack of action, unless they have some sort of vision of what they are building up to then sometimes hard to warrant an "investment" in a game, i.e paid subscription.

Maybe boosting the free/trial account up to 10 chars might keep more people playing longer, and in the long run the ammount of paying subscribers, as the longer you play, inevitably the more characters you want to either play in more realms, or as bigger part of a realm, or fight a war etc etc

But M&F will always be a slower more in-depth game rather than an arcade type get in and kill stuff type.

Arx

• Sunscreen will not protect you from despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »
I think that the retention rate lowers due to the "slow pace" of the game over all.

Almost certainly. I go through a lot of vassals who join, complete the initial set of tasks I have for them and then fizzle out because it's a few days or a week before there's another interesting thing to do.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 18, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »
Yes, retention rate is low. I tell myself that is normal in games with trial accounts. That is what trials are for.

Certainly a factor. Free and trial accounts on MMO's have similar results.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:37 PM »
Maybe boosting the free/trial account up to 10 chars might keep more people playing longer, and in the long run the ammount of paying subscribers, as the longer you play, inevitably the more characters you want to either play in more realms, or as bigger part of a realm, or fight a war etc etc

If I had some numbers to estimate what the effect of such a change would be. If it would make a big enough difference, I would consider it. Probably not 10, but certainly 5 or 6.

Insanegame27

• I am the Bopmaster, master of Bops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2016, 05:28:40 AM »
If I had some numbers to estimate what the effect of such a change would be. If it would make a big enough difference, I would consider it. Probably not 10, but certainly 5 or 6.
If you did that you could also up the number of chars for all subscription levels. Some people may not actually abuse it that much because of corruption.
Now I have a mental image of horses lined up in a goods factory, building things on an assembly line.

Ratharing

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2016, 05:49:07 AM »
Personally I would rather the number of characters per player was diminished, not increased. Specially characters in the same realm, or in the proximity of other characters from the same player.

Stonedman

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
more characters would be very handy.