Author Topic: Ongoing Statistics  (Read 53136 times)

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Statistics
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »

Last I checked, didn't Ryne have some connections in Elysium though?

The Queen of Ryne has a public relationship with Orion, one of the Kings of the two Kings of Elysium. He is the beligerent aggressive one so at first I questioned her taste in men, but then of the two Kings he not only commands more troops and vassals, but also is also far more
likely to be convinced to march to war.

The Duchy of Dairy? I'm familiar. I have a character in Ryne. And it's a few more regions than half that Dairy controls. Creena could just declare that no family shall hold more than X estates, and deal with the consequences.

When such things were brought to his attention his solution was just to create new characters with different family names.

He did annex the County of Vanailion though, which was de jure property of Ascalon's King. Sadly everyone in the county was zZz so it didn't turn into a real scandal.

He is also taking slumbering lands from EI which didn't end too well for Ryne last time it was attempted. Not sure if EI is in a place to do much about it. What annoys me OOC is that while taking slumbering lands from EI he is in direct competition with a few new players that joined EI and were attempting to carve out their own little place in the world. From what I see his answer was to move several hundred troops to the area and take from them any region they had managed to secure with their megre forces of a few score light infantry.
He who was once known as Blackfyre

Andre

• Constant boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »
According to the immutable laws of CK2 and EU, a de jure cassus belli would not expire (if memory serves).

In CK2 regions that have been in one realm for 100 years at a time, no idea if it can be like 50 years, lose region and then 50 years as it has like never happened to me that i lose a region for more than 5 years :P, but anyways, if it has been a part of the realm for 100 years it becomes de jure that realm, so that would mean that the other realm loses the de jure casus belli, it lasts only as long as you control a realm that has regions de jure your realm outside of it. Though a bit hard to do in Might and Fealty, i mean who will count that now 100 years has gone by, we would need mechanics for this, and it would have to be much less time proly, like 5 years or 10 years.

Theronna

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2015, 08:18:54 AM »
In Medieval total war, Britannica campaign the 'De jure' regions are regions which have high culture rating of one of the cultures competing over Britannia. It plays like religion in the vanilla version of Medieval total war except there is a lot more of these cultures than different religions.

If you go play Welsh and say go finally slay the English and conquer London. You will face severe resistance from the people in a form of public unrest. That is because Welsh troops and members of the noble family spread Welsh culture and London is almost 100% English culture. The people HATE you. So you have to assign as many troops as possible there to get over with the culture change gracefully without having to exterminate the settlements population too many times to stop riots, rebels, sabotage etc.
Lower the tax rates to crawl if you can afford it, it raises the public order and makes the people adopt the Welsh culture faster. As there will be more Welsh people.  It might also help if you station a general with more 'Dreadful' - reputation than 'Chivalrous' - reputation as the governor of the settlement. People are less likely to revolt. Always better if the general knows what he is doing and has no traits that make him a poor economist or that has habits that add to the public unrest.

However, if the English were wanting to reclaim London, it would be easier for them than for the Welsh to conquer it in the first place as the English conquerors would have the favor of the people. They won't revolt against the English if the English culture is still over 50% there and no other culture is higher than that.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »
In Medieval total war, Britannica campaign the 'De jure' regions are regions which have high culture rating of one of the cultures competing over Britannia. It plays like religion in the vanilla version of Medieval total war except there is a lot more of these cultures than different religions.

If you go play Welsh and say go finally slay the English and conquer London. You will face severe resistance from the people in a form of public unrest. That is because Welsh troops and members of the noble family spread Welsh culture and London is almost 100% English culture. The people HATE you. So you have to assign as many troops as possible there to get over with the culture change gracefully without having to exterminate the settlements population too many times to stop riots, rebels, sabotage etc.
Lower the tax rates to crawl if you can afford it, it raises the public order and makes the people adopt the Welsh culture faster. As there will be more Welsh people.  It might also help if you station a general with more 'Dreadful' - reputation than 'Chivalrous' - reputation as the governor of the settlement. People are less likely to revolt. Always better if the general knows what he is doing and has no traits that make him a poor economist or that has habits that add to the public unrest.

However, if the English were wanting to reclaim London, it would be easier for them than for the Welsh to conquer it in the first place as the English conquerors would have the favor of the people. They won't revolt against the English if the English culture is still over 50% there and no other culture is higher than that.

That actually sounds far more like De facto claims, based upon the reality of the situation. De jure is the "lawful" ruler, that is someone that can make a claim supported by law, not the populace.

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2015, 03:05:58 PM »
Exactly. If de jure you have perfect claims to London your de facto rulership may still be made difficult by angry locals.
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »
The funny effects of resource availability on trade:

More food => more trade.
Less food => more trade.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2015, 09:37:33 PM »
Realized it's been just over a month and figured I wasn't doing anything too interesting, so here you go. More compiled numbers for your viewing pleasure.

Interesting things to note:
The world's realm populations have dropped by 183,612 people, attributable to recent shifts in food production.
There are now 137 more regions controlled by players since the last census on December 30th.
The Grand Fate has as many nobles as the first and third largest realms, Erstes Imperium and Ascalon respectively, combined.

The Top 10 Report:
Erstes Imperium, Grand Fate, Ascalon, and the Stoned Lands maintain their top 4 slots, in that order.
Hawks has slipped from 5th to 9th.
Ryne moved up from 6th to 5th.
Valinor and North Spear have moved up from 10th and 11th to to 6th and 7th, respectively.
Beal's Song fell from 7th to 8th.
Elysium fell from 8th to 10th.
Skloddings fell from 9th to 11th.

Just Some Numbers:
Total "Realms": 33 (down 2)
Estates Counted: 1166 (up 137)
Number of Commoners: 953,110 (down 183,612)
Total land covered: 1,309 square leagues (up 140.19)
First Ones: 989 (up 9)
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Roran Hawkins

• "He whose thread shall not be flamed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:58 AM »
I need... MOAR NOBLEZZZ :P
The story of Ascalon's forum threads.
Founder of Ascalon, professional whiner, minor storyteller.

Valast

« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
Would like to see that same chart with number of players shown.   Sure the old stoned man is high... In nobles but how many players?   I do not even know how many players are in valinor.   Would be an interesting stat.

Andrew

• Game Master / Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Mildly Amused
    • View Profile
    • Lemuria Community Fan Site
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2015, 03:44:25 PM »
Not so much a statistics thing, but any chance we could get another character map like you made a couple times in the alpha? Where it should family relations, leige/vassal relations, social (liaison, engagement, married) relations, and such?

I don't know if it included it, but could it also show rulers ruling other rulers?
Standing for the creation of interesting things since Year 1, Week 5, Day 4.
Favorite cold beverage: Strawberry Shake
My hobbies: Fixing computers, video games, anime, manga, some other stuff, sleep (in no particular order)

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »
I can make such maps, but it's always a bit of work to make it work nicely and all, and right now time is an issue.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »
It's obvious that thralls are a success, as this graph of the global thrall population shows. More than 500 people have already been enslaved, and the trend continues upwards. Is this a good thing? Well, in a computer game it is, because it adds more conflict and roleplaying potential.

De-Legro

• M&F Dev Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
It's obvious that thralls are a success, as this graph of the global thrall population shows. More than 500 people have already been enslaved, and the trend continues upwards. Is this a good thing? Well, in a computer game it is, because it adds more conflict and roleplaying potential.

Yes, I have already seen several bandits looting for thralls. I think perhaps bandits need a new looting mechanics that doesn't allow them to send resource back to the players settlements so easily.

Tom

• Head Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Might & Fealty
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2015, 02:35:17 PM »
I'm having thoughts about this, and am thinking that maybe it should not be a secret where the stuff is sent to...

Foxglove

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2015, 02:54:38 PM »
That would just make people choose to send plunder to any random settlement. What bandits get out of looting isn't in significant enough quantities for people to care much about sending it back to their own settlements if it identifies the player behind the bandit.
Standing for the responsible use of power since Year 1, Week 1, Day 1.
Fun fact: I wrote some of the text for the M&F crowdfunding campaign.
Favourite warm beverage: hot chocolate.